What's new

Ghostwolf's 2nd Bigger, Better PC Grow Case and Grow

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
OK Folks this about my bigger, better grow case and the grow in it. First it's bigger and better in that it is bigger than my first pc case that is 16"D x14"H x7"W. This one is 19"D x17"H x8"W and a big improvement over the first one. I added the CD and floppy drive covers for more realism and wired the PC power and drive indicator LED light's to run on AA batteries. I was thinking of even wiring the front power switch to work, but it's not really necessary. Next you can see I used a pc power surge strip at the back and two more power strips at the top and front with each plugged into the pc strip to work independent from each other. And enabling me to put lights anywhere I need them and be able to plug any component most anywhere inside as need. As well as being able to add more lights later if I choose. For now I'm using three 26w/100w CFL's. There is a 60mm pc fan at the intake to assist air flow to the other two pc fans. I also have used the pc power supply back plate and wired a female plug to the pc switch wires to use the pc power cord and switch. And able to plug the surge strip into it instead of cutting any plugs off making it easier to change things around if needed. A kind of built in back up system if I have a problem. In the back I have a 120mm and a 90mm pc fan to exhaust out. All three fans run on a 1 amp AC power supply plugged into the surge strip also. Now I do have a small problem in that the inside temp is in the upper 80's to the lower 90's which I cannot have. To solve that I've found a 4" personal fan at Wal-Mart for $6.00 that has a bigger more powerful motor and kicks out a lot more air. And put that where the 120mm is and move the 120mm to the front top as a second intake to blow across the lights. I think that will do the trick for the temps. I haven't gotten around to making light traps yet, but I will do that before very long. I use a tall plastic pill bottle with water to keep humidity in side. And if all goes well I will make a mini DWC hydro system for it too. Here are three of the eight plants I have in it now. I expect to thin that out as they show their sex. The one to the left is a F1 from my last grow. The little one down in front is another F1 from that same grow. This one is a bag seed that I just put into LST as it was 12" tall and over taking the others. All the plants are growing on 12/12 and are doing good. The other five plants are bag seed to. I also have eight plants including some Indica's from the last grow as well in the first case, but this thread is about this pc case and grow. I'm sorry about the size of the photo's, I'm using a old web cam and this the best it does. I'll try to get a better camera. I'll be posting more photo's as thing's progress. :tiphat::plant grow: :canabis: :smokey:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
right on Ghostwolf!! nice case bro..Looks like I have first seat for the show!!
Did you mean a dc adapter? If your fans are dc, you need a dc adapter..
Remeber intake has to be double the size of exhaust
I can't wait to watch these plants grow
take care

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Tagged bro, I know you is gunna crank that case out with buds.
Peace an Respect

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Thanks BC, Scrubninja, b00m, Masterlow, and mad liberttist for the positive comments. I 'll try to do this thread right. This is my first PC Case thread. I have GOT to get a good or at least better camera so y'all don't have to squint at thumbnails. at the moment I'm trying to juggle priorities with low cash flow around fans, light's, camera's, action! (haha) very small joke there, and good seeds. My wonderful girlfriend is supplying the fan for me. Now it lights and camera, the seeds later I just have some orders at The Attitude waiting for me.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey ghost!! I'm pretty sure I can send those lights next week for cheap!! I'm waiting on a quote first bro..
Hope all is well..any more pics for us??
Take care

Ghostwolf

Veteran
right on Ghostwolf!! nice case bro..Looks like I have first seat for the show!!
Did you mean a dc adapter? If your fans are dc, you need a dc adapter..
Remember intake has to be double the size of exhaust
I can't wait to watch these plants grow
take care
Well BC the adapter was for a computer DSL modem that I no longer use. I guess I meant AC in that it converts AC to DC and the fans are indeed DC. The new fan I'll get will be AC so it will plug into one of the outlets in the case. Now last night I opened a air grill at the lower back to add second intake which brought the temp down about 5F degrees, but the temp outside was 50F and the temp in the case went to 99F I flipped and opened the second intake. It came down to 94F still not acceptable but better than it was. The plants are OK as I caught it early on, until I get the new fan I'll have to open the side panel some to get the temp down. I'm pretty sure the new fan will do the trick. With the two intakes and moving the 120mm fan to the front top should sufficiently increase the intake area and help to cool the lights. And I put a fan grill on the 90mm fan I also last night caught one of the bigger F1's fan leaf's in it and it chopped it in half, can't have that either. I will also have to make some more of Scrubninja's light traps for the to lower intakes and exhausts, the upper one is already behind the CD drive cover and is light proof.:smoke:

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Thanks again Scrub for creating those light traps of yours. That's great BC keep me posted on that. Hey I forgot to ask are those lights a daylight or soft white spectrum? I'll try to get some more photos tonight. I have to wait for the case to turn on about 9:30 PM EST.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Thanks Scrub man.:) And Hot Damn I just made:greenstars: :dance013:my 420th post:dance013::greenstars:, Cool! :) Now here's the new pic's The back rear intake. Reading 85F. Of course the power strips. If you look between the fan and the light behind the cord you can see the female plug that's wired to the power supply switch. Now here are the plants Big F1 now in LST 2nd F1 3F1 The big bag seed in LST. The other bag seeds. I just y'all aren't squinting to much. Still working on that camera thing, I hope it won't be to long before I have one, again sorry. :shucks:

johnnybsmokin

Pulling up a chair and watching with great interest.

And many thanks to srcubninja for those light trap design's have built one for my cab and it works a treat

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Been a while since I have followed a micro grow

Looking forward to seeing what you can do dude

Good luck, and I am tagged up!!

Ghostwolf

Veteran
:tiphat:Thanks Doc I'm honored man. Check out the redone designs with the OGA logo at your T-Shirt discussion.:tiphat:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
ohh no need for honor bro, I am just a dude..with a bunch of free time sometimes and quick typing skills

Yup I seen your post but no shots. But I have to get to sleep soon, have an early morning, and I am already up past my bedtime

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Yeah but I know you've got a lot more experience than I do. :) In fact most of these guys have more experience than I do. I've been growing for years not to the level you are. I've always been restricted to small grows and now these pc case grows are the smallest I've ever done. But necessity is truly the mother of invention. So I continue on growing what ever I can, sharing idea's with all of you here at IC and meeting a bunch of good growing buddys. :smokey: :thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts