What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Biscuit Box

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Thanks for checking out one of my favorite hobbies. Here's my grow box. Pics are a work in progress as my cam isn't too great but I'll do my best.

I grow in a cabinet the size of a lower kitchen cab, split vertically and set up ngb style. I'm running three 23w CFLs in veg and one 150w HPS in flower. The flower light fixture is a bake-a-round bread tube/ bat wing reflector. Exhaust consists of a Hydro Farm blower with a diy pencil can carbon scrubber. Top it all off with a pc fan in each grow hole and that's about it.

Passive intakes are in the cab floor in both veg and flower. The veg area also has passive vents in the ceiling to vent air to utility. The flower area has a 3.75" hole, cut high on-center in the vertical panel that divides veg and flower. The cool tube is mounted in the hole, venting air to utility. 15.3" of passive intake supplies the 4" 95cfm exhaust. Intake is split roughly 30% for veg and 70% flower. Temps average about 6 degrees higher than ambient.

I have just over 16" vertical grow space in veg and 30" in flower. Each grow area has a 15" x 23.625" footprint. If I did the math right there's about 62.5 watts per square foot of HID for flowering.

ATM, I'm using pvc elbows as light traps in veg. They get in the way so I'll probably make a panel trap similar to the one in flower.

I recently chopped some OGA Zombie Virus and I must say I was impressed. Things are starting to get interesting in flower again so feel free to pull up a seat and check out what's happening. I invite everyone to join in and tips are forever appreciated.

I'd like to say thanks to the fine members of ICMag for showing me what I know. Thanks in advance for what I've yet to learn. Thanks to Gypsy and staff for the great place to learn, work and play. I consider you all good friends. I look forward to a day we may all freely meet beyond the virtual world and celebrate with a big spliff.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Here's my first sog attempt in (mostly) 2-liter soda bottles. I need more practice trimming because most have sprawled, lol. Lots of lumber but the plants don't take up much room. I've already chopped 3 plants and averaged almost 8 grams of dried bud per bottle. With enough room for 16 bottles in flower, I hope to get a quarter pound on average per flip. That would be about .75 grams per watt. When things get familiar and dialed in better, I hope to improve yield closer to a gram per watt.

Here's some T-Haze about a month in flower. This is the leggiest strain in the stable, might get SCROGed next time. Smells like, you guessed it, tangerines.

picture.php

The next three are Green Tangerine, a cross between a Green Crack mom and T-Haze. Been smoking this stuff on the heels of the Zombie Virus and love the results. Has a lip smackin orange flavor with a funk aftertaste. Very energetic high and the outside fall colors really came alive while smoking it.

picture.php

Here's a closer shot of the Green T tops. I have some ideas to get the tops fatter next time around.
picture.php

It's getting hard to tell but just added a few Catpiss youngsters and a two headed Zombie Virus.
picture.php

Last but not least is a sprawling Catpiss I started flowering before I got the bright idea to SOG. It's a little over 40 days in and the Kool Bloom powder ("the pink stuff") is starting to pay off.
picture.php

I've still got room to put more bottles in but the sprawling nature of my botched sog might encroach on the available space. The grow is obviously staggered harvest so there will be a little in and out going on. peace

Mk3Jetta

rock on disco biscuit! Thats a pretty tite cab you have there. Gotta love th NGB.

Will you be updating this thread with dry yields and reports?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
well thanks but I'v only done a few sog grows in my years of growing. and I plan to do more in the future.

the next time I try sog grow Im gunna have lots more plants insted of only 4 like last time.

And as for trimming. I only trimed the the tiny bottom buds in the first 2 weeks of flowering. And that helped the top cola get much bigger by the time of harvest.

Also how tall were ur plants when U fliped them to 12-12?

thats about all I know when it comes to sog growing.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
rock on disco biscuit! Thats a pretty tite cab you have there. Gotta love th NGB.

Will you be updating this thread with dry yields and reports?

Hello, Mk3Jetta. Thanks, I kinda like the little cab too. I pretty much plan to make this thread my main crib so I'll probably post yields and such. So far it's a staggered harvest. Weights will probably be on a per plant basis for the near term at least. I can keep track of the numbers and try to estimate what an overall yield might look like. Thanks for checking things out.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
well thanks but I'v only done a few sog grows in my years of growing. and I plan to do more in the future.

the next time I try sog grow Im gunna have lots more plants insted of only 4 like last time.

And as for trimming. I only trimed the the tiny bottom buds in the first 2 weeks of flowering. And that helped the top cola get much bigger by the time of harvest.

Also how tall were ur plants when U fliped them to 12-12?

thats about all I know when it comes to sog growing.

I've got some variety so they go in flower at different heights. No two seem to do the same thing at this point so it's a guess of sorts.

T-Haze goes in about 4" but 3" might be a little more manageable.
Green T - 4"
Catpiss - 7"
Zombie Virus - 7"
Sour D cross (yet to have any in flower) - 6"

Once any of these are 6" tall they usually have enough roots to produce, especially the Diesel cross, Catpiss and Virus. By the time the T-Haze is tall enough to flip, the root ball is still very small. The two or three week stretch doesn't really fill the bottle with roots as much as I'd like to see.

I'm going to try letting the T-Haze veg to about 8" or so and chop em down to 3. As long as the top node has a quarter inch growth, the stretch will take care of the rest. The root ball will be more established and hopefully fill the bottles better.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Woohoo! About time you started your own thread. Great pix.

My cab is just a little smaller and I got the 150w vertical right now. I'll be taking down 5x Bubble Gum, 1x Princess Diesel x C99, and 1x Princess Diesel x AK47 this coming weekend so I will let you know how it compares. Leaving up two of my satvia pheno Bubble Gums to finish. Your cab would be perfect for vertical! Do you think you could do it or would it be a PIA?

Also I've never seen my 2Ls filled up roots with yet. Seems to me it is just too big of a container. Even when I filled the bottom 1/5th or so with all perlite the roots never never got close to bound. I'm going to try out all 16oz cups this next run and I just worry the bud weight will tilt them over too easy hehe.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Woohoo! About time you started your own thread. Great pix.

My cab is just a little smaller and I got the 150w vertical right now. I'll be taking down 5x Bubble Gum, 1x Princess Diesel x C99, and 1x Princess Diesel x AK47 this coming weekend so I will let you know how it compares. Leaving up two of my satvia pheno Bubble Gums to finish. Your cab would be perfect for vertical! Do you think you could do it or would it be a PIA?

The year of the catman, what's shakin!:D Glad to hear you're ready to haul. You're right, been a little lazy getting around to posting a new thread. Nothing but thoroughbreds in your stable I see. I think I read Gypsy say C99 is a favorite after a little arm twisting.

I wasn't as familiar with growing vertical when I did this cab. Correct me if I'm wrong, they seem to work better with a square footprint. Mine is a rectangle, not enough room to surround the bulb.

One of these days I'll set up a vertical grow with a square tent or cab. I'm thinking about a parabolic reflector with a vertical cool tube. Everybody's gonna think I'm low watt/cool tube crazy but it really makes growing in small spaces easy w/o burning grow tips. Good to see you, catman and thanks for dropping by.

Has anybody seen labtec lately? Dude moved on up to da east side with 1800 watts of vertical HID madness. Three individual grow chambers and he's just added a mother box, a considerable upgrade from the old 150 grow. He's got a basement (I think) and keeps temps in check pretty good from what I hear.

hey looks good DB! i was doing SOG for a while but its alot of work constantly mixing diffrent fert for plants at all stages of flowering, and you are always smoking bud that just barely dry/cure. Looks like a couple staggered harvests is the way to go! im going to try scrog this time. Good luck ill be watching

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hello stealthcabber, good luck with the scrog. Thanks for the heads up about ferts. I'm pretty lucky right now, they all seem to like the same strength. I have to add water to feed small plants but that's not much hassle atm. Thanks for stopping by.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Oh shit, I meant BEER.:D

I have to say you're prepared, though. No wonder you're grouchy if that thing's in there with ya, lol. Does he bogart all yer 800?

grouchy

Throw him a Pabst Blue Ribbon. No, wait.....it'll give him the shits.

That won't matter, he keeps some rabbits on hand for wiping.

Back on topic now, I am glad to see you start a thread here in the micro section and I hope everyone can take a chance to learn a little from it. The cab is very well designed and well proven. Maybe you could post up some more pics of what you have grown in it already.

Edit: I wasted my 500th post saying that? Oops.

Latest posts

Latest posts