What's new

Biscuit Box

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Here's the 1/2" pvc SCROG frame I just whipped up. It's not complete but gives the idea. I still have to get 4 caps so it'll stand level in the pot. I also have to get some 2" hardware cloth or chicken wire to finish it off.

I started with the screen/pedestal "Ts" and worked from there. My footprint is ~15" x 23" so I have to make the cuts a particular length. Looks like the initial pipe cuts will be 6" long.

I have a cool tube in flower and it robs about 4" of canopy space so I decided to use 45s to curve the screen and take advantage of the spaces beside the tube.

Here's a shot of the bottom showing the "Ts".

The pot won't be as big as the frame so I used 90s to make the pedestal smaller. I want the pedestal to fit in the dirt pot.

Here it is, near completion. I plan to veg in the siv tray pictured. It will sit in a solid tray the same size to hold soil and roots in the siv. The solid tray will help corral the roots, dirt and water so I won't have a mess when I flip to flower.

I realize the tray looks a little shallow but that's part of the plan. The siv will hold somewhere between two and 2.25 gallons of mix so I think it'll be enough soil for vegging.

When I flip to flower, I'll pull the siv out of the solid veg tray and lay it in a deeper, flower tray that will allow enough mix for stretch/flower roots.

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Thanks, dysfunctional. Can't claim the idea as original. Don't ya just love this fuggin' place?

I still have to square and plum this sucker and it ain't gonna be easy after the fact. The fittings are very tight and I'll have to use a tri-square, lol.

For anybody considering a future pvc pipe and fitting frame, it would be much easier to to square and plum by scoring a center line, linearly along the length of pipe before it's cut to length. Look for fittings with center lines molded into the fitting itself, they're there for a reason and some don't have it. You'll be able to assemble w/o a square by lining up the lines on the pipe and fittings. If you decide to use pipe cement, be careful. It's a one shot charlie, you'll NEVER get it apart, lol.

labtec

DiscoBiscuit it seems I've missed this thread. I love your setup. I've seen pics of your setup before, but now that you have your own thread, I'll be by all the time.
I always liked the simple design of the ngb cabs.
I do miss my 150hps, but I know that its being put to good use. Since I moved to the pacific northwest, I hooked up a friend with all of my old gear(light,fans,pots,nutes and my dresser).
I was going to build a pvc frame for my old dresser, but decided to just attach the screen to the wall of the dresser since I needed to get the screen up fast.
Some of those buds are massive.That zombie virus looks amazing. wow. You've got yourself some awesome strains.

until next time...

Hey DB if ya dont mind i was going to take a few pics of my cab and drop in here to give ya some ideas. I've been able to maintain a mother and mutiple cuttings in the small veg area. i was running a micro bubble cloner, but ran into slime problems on that. i have went back to good ole light warrior with rootech and am having great results, probably about 90%.

I love how clean your cab is, looks great and all the girls look happy as can be. how often do you plan to try and harvest on your perpetual cycle?

I havent tried any of the products you listed, but am looking to make a change from the earth juice im using, i feel i can get much better yeilds with something a little better. Keep rockin the cab, and stay safe! :joint:

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
I love your 70s stories Disco :smoke: I saw a great documentary recently, I'm sure you would know it - 'heavy metal parking lot'. It was soooo damn funny!

Cab/scrog/everything is looking awesome bro. Diggin' the curved scrog.

My last BIG show, (can't believe it's going on 20 years) was G&R "Use your Illusion" tour with Skid Row as the opener. I had a perfect view from my seat but everybody wanted to stand, blocking my view. Instead of getting my lazy ass up and rockin with the crowd, I threw small pieces of ice and yelled "down in front!" That's when I realized I'm too old to rock in the 25 thousand plus crowds.:badday:

wait a minute. back in high school i went to the "Use Your Illusion" concert and there was this one guy throwing ice at me screaming "down in the front". lol j/k wish i would have got to go. i hear ya bout it being 20 years ago, blink of an eye man.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
DiscoBiscuit it seems I've missed this thread. I love your setup. I've seen pics of your setup before, but now that you have your own thread, I'll be by all the time.
I always liked the simple design of the ngb cabs.
I do miss my 150hps, but I know that its being put to good use. Since I moved to the pacific northwest, I hooked up a friend with all of my old gear(light,fans,pots,nutes and my dresser).
I was going to build a pvc frame for my old dresser, but decided to just attach the screen to the wall of the dresser since I needed to get the screen up fast.
Some of those buds are massive.That zombie virus looks amazing. wow. You've got yourself some awesome strains.

until next time...

Hello labtec. This is no-pro Wednesday and you're in the micro section, lol. I've been telling a few peeps about your setup and always look forward to your updates. Thanks for the kind words and the screen idea, might come in handy. I probably see you in a few over at your place. peace

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey DB if ya dont mind i was going to take a few pics of my cab and drop in here to give ya some ideas. I've been able to maintain a mother and mutiple cuttings in the small veg area. i was running a micro bubble cloner, but ran into slime problems on that. i have went back to good ole light warrior with rootech and am having great results, probably about 90%.

I love how clean your cab is, looks great and all the girls look happy as can be. how often do you plan to try and harvest on your perpetual cycle?

I havent tried any of the products you listed, but am looking to make a change from the earth juice im using, i feel i can get much better yeilds with something a little better. Keep rockin the cab, and stay safe! :joint:

Hey rich. Have you tried a few drops of peroxide in the cloner? I hear it makes roots white and slime free.

Let's see, I have space for 15 bottles, maybe 16. An eight week strain would work perfect and I could stagger two bottles a week. Otherwise I'm looking at a bottle every ~10 days with longer finishers. The devil in the details will be whether or not I can maintain veg stock to immediately flip when others are chopped. If I can't keep up with seedlings and rooted clones, I may have to go to single harvest. Good to see you and thanks for stopping by. I'll drop by and check out the operation as soon as I get this SCROG frame outta my way.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I love your 70s stories Disco :smoke: I saw a great documentary recently, I'm sure you would know it - 'heavy metal parking lot'. It was soooo damn funny!

Cab/scrog/everything is looking awesome bro. Diggin' the curved scrog.

ScrubNinja, helloooo way down there. Hope you're doing well. Yeah, I get all stoned on this great pot and I want to break out the vacation slides for everybody, hehe. Then I wonder where everybody went.:abduct:

Never saw "HMPL" but I'll see if limewire has it. Ahh, the stoner generation.:joint:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
wait a minute. back in high school i went to the "Use Your Illusion" concert and there was this one guy throwing ice at me screaming "down in the front". lol j/k wish i would have got to go. i hear ya bout it being 20 years ago, blink of an eye man.

Yeah, I saw you giving me the hairy eyebrow and I remember thinking you were gonna walk over and break my face. Just kidding man. I was lucky, I didn't really tic anybody off that night. Axl pulled a typical stunt and refused to come back out after an intermission (after the asshat bragged to the crowd they'd be playing "for three fuckin' hours, man.") Turned out to be 40 minutes, or a dollar a minute. That little whiny voice haunts me to this day. :mad:

Just can't tell you all where the years have flown. I think the second twenty goes twice as fast as the first.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Wassup bigcheese? The perpetual SOG is what motivated me to build the screen, lol. It may come along sooner than later.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Had to take the girls out to feed so I thought I's get a few shots.

Here's some Catpiss. The one with buds is just over half way and the others are 2 weeks or less. These seem to like Floranova pretty good.

picture.php

Here's some T-Haze and one Green T. (right) The T-Haze averages 37 days and the Green T is 8 weeks today. Each of these will go 75 minimum. I'm getting a little fade at the bottom of the T-Haze and I'll probably raise the pH a little to see if it helps. This stuff smells really good and I'd love to scrog it soon.

picture.php

The lone Zombie Virus, 27 days 12/12. Why I plucked the top I'll never know, would have been the perfect cola plant. Maybe it topped itself :bigeye: This one likes FN too.

picture.php

Group shot

picture.php

Before......

picture.php

....after

picture.php

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
Ah: I'm finally gettin a grip on your perpetual concept. So the cab's nearly full, with a few close to harvest. Right?
Lookin good Bro. Great use of space! :rasta: Though I'm not sure I can wrap my brain around anything called catpiss LOL. My first indoor grow was w/cheap soil, cheap nutes, and no flush. Got me high, but tasted just like cat piss LOL.
Stay safe n high my friend :joint:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
That's urine pee pee. :biglaugh: Yeah, I still have some room and additional bottles will go in eventually.

I remember growing up and hearing references to catpiss (wasn't this stuff.) You might get a whiff of something remotely similar to urine in the 3rd week but it changes to anything but. I've never smelled a more unique smell (let alone pot.) Some kind of complex wax (?) maybe something you'd put on a surf board, lol. Very very strange.

how much per plant are ya hoping/expecting to yeild when things are rolling? you cab motivates me to want to go clean my cab up a lil more.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
rich, after finding the best sogger, I expect to get somewhere between a 1/4 and 1/2 ounce per bottle. Most will be closer to 1/4 bit some will approach 1/2, maybe more. Right now I have some stuff (sats) that will probably scrog better and I probably won't continue as sogs.

Latest posts

Latest posts