What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

creative ways to dispose of pot trash

pinkus

Veteran
State Park pass and lots of hiking trips combine for a nice, healthy way to dispose of evidence. :bandit:

superx

Veteran
The sheep in the field beside me get to munch on the fan leaves they know me when they see me coming towards them. The goat eats everything else, coco gets mixed back into the land.
I recall looking into the eyes of a sheep when taking acid, was quite unnerving.

I have been saving my bong, and bowl ash to use a source of potash. Pot ash for potash. Not sure how to use it yet, if I should mix it with the rest of stuff to compost or leach and add to tea.

Haha I do this too and ppl think I'm nuts. I keep a nice looking ceramic/clayvtype bowl in every room where I smoke. Any ash, undesirable bud bits or leaves, damn embarrassed to admit even like fingernails and stuff go in there. They fill up pretty quick, I smoke a lot and I dont trim my personal smoke much (fans come off and anything crazy, but I like to remember what the buds look like and it only takes me a few seconds to shuck em up), so my ashtrays fill up fast with just ash and fine dry trim waste. Then if it's just pure ash/but refuse/resin from cleaning bong stems, it going onto my no-til pots as a top dress. I top dress with consistent materials and with diverse materials. The more resources on or in the top few inches of soil, the more diverse and healthy for the beneficial microbes and insects I try to favor in my grows, with good habitat, good food stuffs, and a good lower temp (65-70f) and higher humidity that favors predatory insects over sap sucking ones. For ALL other waste, it goes back into my recycled soil in 32g $10 trash cans. Used soil gets re-amended (soil tests every once in awhile, they cost $2-3 at university extension centers) and given teas and some other homemade and purchased inoculants to make up a little for tearing up the mycorhizzal networks. I'm also running a few 15g no-till pots with similar mix to see which produces finer herb. I will say though, if you are a living soil grower, you shouldnt really have ANY biodegradable waste (aside from pet waste and human doo doo, CLEAN hair is dope tho if it is like from a crunchy person like me that uses Castile soap or something but def no perfumes or cosmetics on hair). Almost every single waste product becomes not waste but a valuable resource, if processes appropriately, for a living soil grower. TLDR, cool your temps and put weird shit in yr dirt, diversity breeds resilience:) FWIW you can process certain ingredients with teas and enzymes to make S.A.R. teas (try crab meal, em-1, slf-100, a little fulvic and watch chitin bc liquid in like 2-3 days of bubbling lol) to really kick a plants immunosuppressive response into overdrive. I get much healthier seeds from plants I have time to make those carefully produced teas for.

But I feel for you guys in states still licking ppl up for a few plants. It's just crazy to me now. I'm in my 40s, so I grew in the 90s as a kid inside, but there was no internet then only papers and news tv, so even in a liberal west coast state in to 90s I still sort of just learned to live with that persistent low grade anxiety that my door could get fucking zerged by the swat team bc I am a terrifyingly dangerous 135 lb kid growing a few harmless weeds. But that cant be close to the fear ppl in the ass backwards states that still treat a few 2' veg plants the same as a goddamn terrorist attack. So I'm humbled to hear you guys talk about boiling bottles and scrubbing finger prints off bags. Hang in there brothers and sisters. I feel like it has to get better for you all soon. God bless and thank you guys for reminding me no matter how hard I work, millions more work harder, and under very serious threat of losing everything for this plant.

Edit: 'locking' ppl up, unless you prefer licking up.

M

MrGanjaMan

^princegoon, sent some of those vibes my brother if you would. I'm a indoorsie living in a highly restricted country. A single plant will land your ass in jail here. Even less then a gram of weed will get you locked up.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I've been making pain relief oil with my roots.
See Douglas's thread.

I've gotten so I don't throw anything away. All trim, leaves and sticks gets extracted then composted.

I reuse bottles and soil bags untill they fall apart.

Soil or coco gets reused too.

I even try to use the drain to waste leftovers, on outdoor plants.

Joint Lock

stems, and leafs. anyone have any good ways to get rid of this stuff, i was thinking about getting one of those back yard firepits they have at home depot and just burning it but burning alot of the leaves would be a smokey mess, i thought of maybe trying to create some kind of press to compact leaves into a tight pucks and see if they burn cleaner. all and any ideas would be helpful, cause right now i just have a few bag fulls laying around

all leaves and stuff blender then tossed into compost . Big stems cut up and into compost or burn pile. Soil goes into wifes flower beds and if i do hydro i spray my lawn with diluted mixes or use in wifes flower beds

Grapefruitroop

When i was in Spain i was surprised on how many soil bags, and general plastics from grow that people abandon in the middle of the woods in very remote and natural place...polluting the shit out of the environment FOR NO REASON!!! What are they scared about? Their own stupidity? Its very common guys....

NO REASONS because in Spain the trash pick up is not regulated and you could trow anything u want in the containers...
Every trash station is a disgusting pile of shit that overflow the containers and you coul find everyting from old fridges...tv....matresses..all sorts of decomposed shit overflowing in the street, stinking the hell out of the hood full of sick looking cats that spread the shit all over the street and nobody complains......

Now...with this apocaliptic scenario at EVERY trash container that u see...Why this people do all this extra job of packing...heading to the woods...pollute the environment leaving old soil in plastic bags...i mean....not even empty the bag in the woods...just pollution...with the risk of getting busted littering....

Do you guys think that this dementia is natural/genetic or chemically induced by drugs?
Ina place were you can dump whatever you want in the containers...no rules...you gotta be very stupid to do something like this!!!

This is the most nonsense thing i ever seen.....what a bunch of uncivilized fucks! I was disgusted...no pity for this scumbags..

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I used to keep my wet leftover soil with the complete rootmass and all the stem and not sugar leaf in a trashbag with a second bag pulled over the first so that the moisture is trapped inside and stored this on my balcony that its hit with sunlight for a few hours every day. Within a month or 2 the soil would look like new soil and all the biomass has turned to soil. Always used to have 2 sets of soil. One for the running grow one composting. The moisture is the key imo. Had it once to dry and not everything composted.

Now i use 90l notill pots and every little piece of biomass goes in the soil

Last edited:

bigpeter

I have an allotment, it all goes in the compost bins along with all my food waste. I save urine in 1 gallon water bottles and tip that in too. My compost is the best.