What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I guess that if I thought things were crazy last week I had no idea what I would see this week. Now people here are holding food too. I went to Costco yesterday and there was absolutely no pork to be had. No ribs, no butts, no chops, no lion, nothing. Everything is closed including most restaurants and I'm sure bars will be soon to follow. This morning when I went to my local gym to work out I was told that today would be the last day they would be open untill this is over. The owner told me that she wanted to stay open for healthy people but the letter (not sure from who) she got basically threatened to close her down if she didn't voluntarily. I need to find a way to get my cardio without the equipment at the gym now. It seem like we have been reading stories and seeing movies about this kind of thing for a long time but I never thought I'd be living it.

@Packerfan. I hope that people come to their senses and just buy what they need and maybe a little more for a rainy day. Keep yourself and your family healthy and try to help out any elderly family or neighbors if your able!

@Badfishy. You make a great point about how this kind of thing at the stores happens down by you on a regular basis. I hope that store managers up here are asking for help on dealing with this from people down there and we can get the situation stabilized soon. It just seems like the more people see empty shelves the more they are tempted to horde supplies. Take care of yourself and your family brother!

@pop_rocks. We will see about all this rescheduled entertainment. Depending on how long this lasts people might get use to entertaining themselves and start thinking twice about buying overpriced tickets to concerts and sporting events. For all we know professional sports might be cancled for the whole summer or even beyond that. I'm going to get use to entertaining myself. Nature hikes, mountain biking, disc golf and other things like that are going to have to do for now. Life is going to be much more like it was in the 80's when I was young and we went outside to play for entertainment. Stay healthy and safe brother!

@Rodehazrd. Your so right about people needing to pull together and be kind and help each other in this type of thing. I'm glad you are staying home and able to avoide contact with others, I think that anyone who can do this should, especially if they are higher risk. Untill we know more we should error on the side of caution.
I saw a picture of of a very long line outside a state run liquor store this morning on the news. Not sure what state it was but it wouldn't be a bad idea or get stocked up. Stay healthy brother!

@Sunshineinabag. That looks like a nice asparagus tray!
Your right that there are way too many people looking to rip people off. I don't understand it either. If anything I'd be more likely to share what I have with people during times of trouble like this. Not sure how this is going to shake out but I hope we find that more people are going to try and help that gouge and take advantage. I believe that karma will not be kind to the ones ripping people off! Take care and stay healthy brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
it looks like some people are showing their true colors in this time of crisis
ive heard a lot of good stories but a few bad as well
take care of those you love and try and be polite when you are out and about; remember we are all in this together

that is total bs about that guy trying to rip people off sunshine!
60/g is crazy straight up
/im a big hash fan but i dont care how many time you sifted it nothing is worth that much
hopefully your garden is doing well, how are those plants you posted a while back?
have you flipped them yet?

you and the kids have the right idea rhode and i hope everyone is doing well
like fiddy said, this is a time to pull together and keep things tight

happening f'nut!
i hear you about how the silver lining to all this might be people start to appreciate a more simple style of life
we will see what happens with sports and public events but for now its best to just stay inside and stick to people who are close to you
sounds like you have a full list of fun things to do and i hope everyone is safe and doing well
ill be sure to get some pics of the campsite up here soon and tell you guys a story or two
it was a great trip and i cant wait for our next adventure

Fiddynut

it looks like some people are showing their true colors in this time of crisis
ive heard a lot of good stories but a few bad as well
take care of those you love and try and be polite when you are out and about; remember we are all in this together

that is total bs about that guy trying to rip people off sunshine!
60/g is crazy straight up
/im a big hash fan but i dont care how many time you sifted it nothing is worth that much
hopefully your garden is doing well, how are those plants you posted a while back?
have you flipped them yet?

you and the kids have the right idea rhode and i hope everyone is doing well
like fiddy said, this is a time to pull together and keep things tight

happening f'nut!
i hear you about how the silver lining to all this might be people start to appreciate a more simple style of life
we will see what happens with sports and public events but for now its best to just stay inside and stick to people who are close to you
sounds like you have a full list of fun things to do and i hope everyone is safe and doing well
ill be sure to get some pics of the campsite up here soon and tell you guys a story or two
it was a great trip and i cant wait for our next adventure

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I sure hope that as people's true colors come out there will be far more good stories than bad ones. Your so right that we are all in this together and we need to make the best of it or we will all suffer unnecessarily. I like your suggestion to be polite to people in public, sometimes a kind word and a smile can make a big diffrence in someone's otherwise shitty day. It dosent cost us anything or hardly take any effort to be kind!
I know I'm going to use this as an exercise to try and simplify my life. I was never one to spend a lot on sporting events. The brewers are fun to go watch and you can still get tickets for just a few bucks. Part of the reason I don't go to packer games is because it's so hard to get tickets and they are so expensive. I am, however, guilty of spending a lot on concert tickets the last few years and that might change going forward. It seems that a lot of the time I enjoy the local bands that play for free or $5-10 at bars almost as much as the big expensive shows. The musicians in Dead and co and TooL have plenty of money already and will be just fine through this while the local struggling musicians are a diffrent story.
I'd love to hear more about your trip and to see some pics as soon as your able!

Not sure about where you guys are but here in wisco the governor decided to close all bars and restaurants yesterday, untill the outbreak is under control. You can get take out but can't have a bite to eat of a drink in any establishment in the whole state as of 5pm yesterday. St. Patrick's day is the biggest "out to the bar" drinking day of the year here and I'm surprised there weren't riots in the street about everything being closed. These are strange times indeed!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
evening fiddy
im with you and it is almost like something out of the twilight zone
they were showing pictures of downtown san diego and it looked like a ghost town
i hear all the hospitality businesses and retail are really taking a big hit as well as the industries that service them
i feel bad for all the people who are going to be put out of work because of this
i know you enjoy live music and its fun to see some of your favorite bands
but a lot of times its the crowd that makes part of the fun and maybe it will be better in small venues
im getting the pics sorted and spinning the yarns and will give you a front row seat on two camping adventures brother!
hope you are having a great day and your family is all doing well
/that goes for eggo too!

Fiddynut

evening fiddy
im with you and it is almost like something out of the twilight zone
they were showing pictures of downtown san diego and it looked like a ghost town
i hear all the hospitality businesses and retail are really taking a big hit as well as the industries that service them
i feel bad for all the people who are going to be put out of work because of this
i know you enjoy live music and its fun to see some of your favorite bands
but a lot of times its the crowd that makes part of the fun and maybe it will be better in small venues
im getting the pics sorted and spinning the yarns and will give you a front row seat on two camping adventures brother!
hope you are having a great day and your family is all doing well
/that goes for eggo too!
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
The twilight zone is right brother! There are no cars on the interstate during rush hour when there is usually lots of traffic. I've never seen anything like this. And it's looking like it's going way beyond the hospitality and retail businesses. This uncertainty is causing people to not buy anything except toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and food. For example it's usually very busy at work this time of year but the last few days it's been completely dead. The few people who have shown up are probably just bord and since everything else is closed they come and look at bikes. I sure the car dealers are in the same boat, I fact I read that ford and GM are shutting down their assembly lines for a while. There is a very real possibility that I might be laid off if people don't start buying. And if you work in health care you have the opposite problem. My wife is working 12 hour shifts just about every day in the ER.
I'm starting to think it's going to be a good long while before I can even go to see a local band at a bar. This is starting to look like something that could still get a lot worse and drag on for a long time. I hope I'm wrong.
Looking forward too seeing some pics and hearing more about your trip!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is crazy how deserted everything is
its good that people are keeping to themselves but this is going to have a huge impact on the economy
i hope they dont lay you off
maybe your work can switch over to a short work week or something, but i can understand that if they arent making money then they are losing money by being open
we are all hoping for the best for you brother and you know we are all here for you
take care of yourself and the family my man!

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

I tell you these are the times that try men's souls. Good thing we got good weed to smoke.

We are still busy at work, but I wonder for how long. My lead is being a crybaby bitch. He's keeps bugging about why we are still working. I just want to slap him and tell him some of us actually support our children, and don't live of our girlfriend. On the bright side he went home today at 8 and took tommorow off.

I am flushing my plants right now. I was going to harvest Saturday, but I haven't gotten the fade I like yet. I may give them another week. The mephisto autos are about a month from harvest. It sure is nice to have some harvest to look forward to. I gotta cut some clones this weekend.

@pop rocks those caramels are really tasty and got a nice kick to them.

I hope everyone is doing as well as possible, considering the current situation.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope everyone out there is healthy and making the best of things.
I feel good and I've been staying busy at work and watching old concert footage on YouTube when I'm at home. I'm trying not to spend a lot of time watching the news or reading the crap on the Internet. It's depressing and probably inaccurate!

@pop_rocks.
I'm sure that I'll be good at work for a while. The boss says he intends to stay open unless the government says we should close. If people arnt buying for an extended period of time he said he might reconsider that. For sure I'd be one of the last people to go because I am good at what I do and I'm versatile. Even if we shut down I'll b ok for a while and if it gets to that point the vast majority of the country will be in the same boat.

@Packerfan. Your so right about having some good smoke helping us keep our heads in these times. I also work with a few people who think that we should all go home and I guess wait for the government to send us money to live on. I'd rather work for my money and I doubt that trying to live off the government would afford a very good lifestyle anyway. The next couple weeks are going to tell us a whole lot about how our next month's and possably years are going to go.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning fellas', hope everyone is well
/that goes for your pets too!

glad you like the candy p'man
the flavor is right there but i still have to watch myself with the dosage
i usually just eat about a half candy and then go on with the night
/smoking bowls and knocking back all the booze
we are happy with them and the people we $hare them with seem to like them as well
im glad you liked them and next time we are up that way i will be sure to bring you a few more

morning fiddy, hope you are having a great day
thats good that you are ok at work and they seem to recognize the value of good workers
you bring a lot to the table and im sure they want you around
but its all about stopping the spread of the virus and having people stay at home
you take care brother and be safe

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening boys
this covid-19 is crazy shit and who knows when we will get some good news; hope everyone is healthy and all are doing well (this includes our four legged family as well)

i want to share some stories of our recent adventures you guys
we went camping at two places kind of close to home recently, silverwood lake and los vallecitos campgound; so pull up a chair

picture.php

View image in gallery

first let me introduce the squad;this is me, mrs chicky and the boy

silverwood lake was rad! lush nature surrounding a man made reservoir
what made it so cool was the mixture of ecosystems converging in one place
on one side of the lake was the typical low desert so prevalent throughout socal and on the other side were mountainous hill sides
that went to 5-6k/ft
/i tihnk the camp ground was at about 3-4k/ft

when we got there the weather was nice, high 60-low70
we set up camp and had a great first night under the stars

a friend came in and joined us on saturday night
the mrs was sure we were going to get some weather so before we went to ebd we were sure to pack away as much of the thigns that we could
great idea
the overnight lows had to have been in the 30s and when we woke up the next morning it was on and off rain
if you notice, in the pic (that was taken on the last day) you can see the accumulation of hail on top of theboy's hood and hte mrs even has a piece of hail in her hair
/the hail actually accumulated but it was short of being called snow
all in all i really like this spot! a very nice campsite and lots of nature surrounding us
/of course there was some kooky stuff too but thats another story

there are more stories to come!
we went to another site in the anza borego desert called vallecito but im going to save that one for another time
hope you all are having a great weekend

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I might sound like a broken record but I hope everyone is physically healthy and mentally healthy as well. We've seen things in the last week or so that none of us would have thought possable just a couple of weeks ago. Here in wisco out "safer at home" orders start Wednesday morning and for many of you the order to stay home has allready started. Because the language in the order is vague I still don't know if I will be working as of tomorrow or not, the owner has told us that he will let us know as soon as he knows. Our order goes untill April 24th so if I'm out of work it's going to be a long month. Finding ways to entertain ones self is getting harder as more restrictions are added.

@pop_rocks.
We will have to see how this shakes out buddy. I want to keep working if I can, partly because I will be very bord if I can't. But this not knowing if I'm going to be working because of all the changes is also really unnerving. I guess a lot of people are in the same boat.
Those pics from your trip look great brother! I love the lush vegetation and mountains! 30's and hail is cold for camping though, I'm glad you had the right gear to stay comfortable. I'm sure it was a great place to visit and it sounds like your down to go back there and enjoy it again soon!
Take care of yourself brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
silverwood was was a great spot and we might go back again
but there are so many cool places to camp here and we enjoy looking for new places
looks like we wont be doing any camping for now because most of the sites are closed down
i hear some of the primitive locations are open so we might look into that
its a tough time and it sounds like you are rolling with it as best you can
you can always find things to do around the house to keep busy
california has been on orders since last friday
at first they were pretty lax, stay home and aviod large crowds
so what does everyone do, they head out to the beaches and form large crowds
now they have the parks and beaches closed and the police will chase you out if they catch you
/no tickets for now but that is going to change soon
stay healthy and appreciate the good things

Sunshineinabag

Greetings friends.
I might sound like a broken record but I hope everyone is physically healthy and mentally healthy as well. We've seen things in the last week or so that none of us would have thought possable just a couple of weeks ago. Here in wisco out "safer at home" orders start Wednesday morning and for many of you the order to stay home has allready started. Because the language in the order is vague I still don't know if I will be working as of tomorrow or not, the owner has told us that he will let us know as soon as he knows. Our order goes untill April 24th so if I'm out of work it's going to be a long month. Finding ways to entertain ones self is getting harder as more restrictions are added.

@pop_rocks.
We will have to see how this shakes out buddy. I want to keep working if I can, partly because I will be very bord if I can't. But this not knowing if I'm going to be working because of all the changes is also really unnerving. I guess a lot of people are in the same boat.
Those pics from your trip look great brother! I love the lush vegetation and mountains! 30's and hail is cold for camping though, I'm glad you had the right gear to stay comfortable. I'm sure it was a great place to visit and it sounds like your down to go back there and enjoy it again soon!
Take care of yourself brother!

Doing well got 5 inches of snow monday so been dealing with that,the warm weather almost had me overextending my germinations to mediums ratio......but i caught myself! Hope you guys are doing well.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I don't have a lot to say today but I hope all are well!

@pop_rocks. For sure that place looks great but I know what you mean about finding and exploring new places. I think that your right about camping being on hold right now but we will get back to normal eventually, at least whatever the new normal will be.
For now it's business as usual but your right about being able to find projects around the house to keep busy if needed. I also got a bike from a buddy that is going to be good for riding on the streets and bike paths so I can start getting some good exercise again. It's really wierd riding a bike with skinny high pressure tires that really roll easily compared to the mid-fat mtn bike tires.
Here they can fine you $250 if your out driving and not going to the grocery store, pharmacy, or approved employment. Not sure how strictly they will be enforcing that. Take care of yourself brother!

@Metoda. Welcome and hi!

@Sunshineinabag. I woke up to about an inch of snow Monday morning but it melted by about noon. I hope your doing well too buddy!

Rodehazrd

Hello Jungle Tribe
Hope all are well stocked for the duration. We're good for a couple months. The daughter went in this morning for us and got three more bottles of four roses and what looks like a half gallon of wild turkey.101. She put on. Overalls and a hoodie which went straight In the wash. When she worked a nursing job she got fitted often for her mask to make sure it was effective. So she thought my construction mask was a.joke.
We spent a lot time yesterday in the woods looking for morels. Ms Hazrd and I would search till we got chilly then hunker down out of the wind for a dubie and and a rest in the sun.
I made my first effort at sourdough bread today came out pretty.good. The loaves rise.well but not very sour tasting. As my starter ages I hope for more of that.
I gotta run bees.came in. Woo

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fellas'?! hope everyone is doing well

looks like we might have a new friend, pull up a chair metoda and join in on the fun
sounds like you are stocked up and should be good for a while rhode
thats great that your first effort at sour dough came out pretty good and hope it gets better
ive heard stories of people who have been using the same starter for year and im sure you are well on your way to making some great home made bread
man, fresh picked mushrooms and some good home made bread sound awesome
how did the mushroom picking go? about how many can yuo find in a good afternoon
hope everyone is doing well and making the best of things brother

that is crazy about the police giving people tickets for just driving around right now
i doubt they are pulling people over just for driving but if they do its just one more thing they can tack on
is it a road bike your friend gave you?
i hear you about how they handle completely differently than mountain bikes but are still fun
we will see how long this goes on for but it looks like its still getting worse around the nation
i guess all we can do is wait it out and stay healthy

stay safe and healthy everyone!

Rodehazrd

Hey there Tribesmen
Well I got the. Bees in their hive. We ordered these from Illinois supposed to be resistant to varroa mites. I'm used to dealing with Italian bees so I put on a veil no gloves thin shirt sweat pants. They came as a nuc with queen and 5 frames of brood. I smoked them lightly.and opened the.box immediately got stung. As I put the frames in the hive a cloud of bees came out and ate my ass up.
I got home with about 50 to 75 stingers in my body. I don't swell much and had no breathing issue but got dizzy sweaty and threw up. Felt bad for an hour Or so. I think I'm going to like them very aggressive. I'll show some more respect today when I feed them.
Pop I still in two days have not seen a morel. In a good year I have found 50 a day this may be a good day one of the kids found half dozen in his yard Monday so my spots should produce soon.
As the covid is here we hope to all stay on the ridge then after 2 weeks we can hug each other again.
I watch the NHK news on PBS they knew In mid January this would cover the globe just as in China and Korea. I believe it will last through the.summer I hope I'm wrong but were doing big garden and not expecting much from the government. I'm already tired of chicken.
Stay safe men and try not to go crazy being cooped up. Although for most of us it would be a short trip.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hope your spots produce for you this year; how do you like to cook them up
its been really wet this year here in socal so there is going to be a great desert bloom this year
hopefully conditions were right for your mushrooms
i hear you about how this covid is really getting out of control
all we can do is try our best to keep safe and hope those around us are doing the same
if sick people would self isolate it would help a lot but then there are the carriers who might not even know they are really sick
im not too worried about going crazy from being cooped up, i have a night place there in crazytown and am well known among the other nutters
stay safe and take care of yourslef

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope all are well mentally, emotionally and physically! Keep your heads up and stay positive!

@Rodehazrd. I'm glad your well stocked on food and most importantly, good liquor. To run out of bourbon would be no damn good right now. I've got a couple gallons of vodka and a liquor cabinet full of other assorted liquor and wine so I'm in good shape for now. I've probably got enough food to go a month if I had to but I've been getting to the grocery store a couple times a week so I don't start using my reserves. Might as well save them in case this gets any more crazy.
I'm glad to hear that you and your Mrs are behaving yourselves and staying home. Keep it up and try not to let the isolation get to you. Picking mushrooms (or trying to find some to pick) is a great way to spend time. You get some exercise and it keeps your mind busy too.
Keeping bees is another great way to occupy yourselves too and getting some honey is a great bonus. The more I hear about honey the more I like it. I've been reading that it's good for many things other than just eating like it can be used as an antiseptic and even can be like a rooting hormone for taking clones.
I think your right about this virus and the craziness associated with it not going anywhere soon. That big garden of yours should be a huge help and having some fresh food is a great thing, beats another can of mixed veggies anyway.
Take care of yourself and stay healthy brother!

@pop_rocks. I think your right about the cops not pulling people over for driving around. I did read that the fine for braking the rules is 250 and that is your seen, say, at a park getting close to others you would be at least threatened with the fine. I'm not even sure if we are technically allowed to have visitors, even family over at the house for socializing.
I think the bike is considered an "upright" but it's got skinny road tires but not the wierd road bike handlebars, it's bars are more like mountain bike bars. It's wierd to ride it but it's a good way to get some peddling in while the mtn bike trails are closed. Getting some exercise helps keep me from going stir crazy now that we can't go out.
This whole thing is showing me how much of social animals people are. Taking that away is very strange and we will have to see what kind of consequences that has.
Stay safe and healthy brother!