What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
chili and cornbread is grinding
but anchovies? my mom, the mrs and girl love them
yargghhhh!
im surrounded by fish eaters

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope all are well! Did everyone have a good weekend? We had some nice weather here but when I went to one of the local disc golf courses I found that they pulled all the baskets and closed the course. What will they take form us next? People are starting to get tired of this.

@pop_rocks. I suppose if I had a job that I could do from home I'd try to be disciplined and make it work. I'm glad it's working for you guys. I know a lot of couples that are spending way more time together than they ever have and with mixed results.
I know what you mean about walking alone vs walking a dog in the neighborhood. After we lost Rufus I tried to walk alone and felt like some people looked at me like it was a bit creepy. Not sure why a guy can't go for a walk alone without feeling like that but it's a real thing weather just perceived or not. Although since the stay at home orders I'm seeing a lot more people walking including men and maybe it is less wierd in these times and will be going forward.
Running 2 harvests of autos sounds like a great idea. You can't have too much smoke, right!

@Sunshineinabag. Your right that cornbread is chilli's best friend. There isn't much better than the bread soaked with the spicy liquid.
I don't eat fish much either but if I did I'm sure anchovies would be awesome, like the bacon of the sea!

Rodehazrd

Hello Jungle Tribe
All fine here in week 4 of our restrictions
I would be wacky if I didn't have the forest.
Morals finally came out so Im happy. Saw a barred owl and watched a big woodpecker peck a square hole. I love this season you can see the birds before the leaves fill in
Stay safe

Attachments

• 20200406_184600.jpg
    20200406_184600.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 9

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
morning boys! hope everyone is starting their week off on a good note

that sucks about them pulling the nets at teh disk golf course
they are doing things like that here too, taping off playgrounds and putting up signs that say the parks/open spaces are closed
we are still able to walk in the enighborhoods and went for a nice rain walk last night
we also know of a few wild places we can still walk but its pretty wet out tehre right now
yeah man, its weird how a man walking alone can be seen as creepy
i try and take the edge off by smiling a lot and waving at people when i pass

sardines are nothing like the bacon of the sea
its like one of those stinky cheeses or something like that, second only to mackerel in its fishy funk
they are super oily but for some reason the mrs loves them
thos are son fine looking mushrooms rhode!
looks like you got some onions and peppers going in the other pan too
hope everyone is doing good and staying safe bother

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I must say that today is a beautiful spring day here. It's sunny and at least 70 degrees outside and feels like the first day of spring. In addition, the mountain bike trails have opened up and I took a couple laps yesterday and it was phenomenal. I snuck out of work a little early because it was looking like rain but never ended up raining. That was probably the best ride I've had since last summer. Let's hope we don't have a wet spring and the trails stay open, I can barley stand riding my other bike on the road and the bike path, but get me on a proper trail and I can't stop peddling!

@Rodehazrd. I'm glad you are finding some treats in the forest, and I'm glad it's giving you something to do to stay sane. I'm glad your staying home and behaving yourself. When I was riding my bike in the woods yesterday I was thinking about how diffrent it is this time of year before the leaves come. You can see so much more and get a really diffrent perspective on things. Take care brother!

@pop_rocks. Disc golf is not a group sport and "social distancing" is part of the normal etiquette of play so there is no need to take our baskets away. The parks are still open and you can still walk the course so it dosent make sense. I do understand taping off playgrounds because people gather and all touch the same equipment. If the mountain bike trails stay open that will make up for it though.
I'm glad you are getting some nice walks in. Keeping the mind and body active these days can be a chalange. Eggo and my wife and I might go for another walk after work today at a local park.
I've never actually tried to eat a sardine but my mom use to eat them straight out of the can. When I was a kid I use to love opening those cans where you would use the key and roll the top off. Fishy funk is a good description of why I couldn't give them a try, I can barley eat fried cod where you can't even taste the fish just the batter and the tarter sauce.
Keep up the good work buddy!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats a good point about how disk golf is already a socially distancing" sport
you play in small groups and dont mingle too much with others
thats great that they opened the trails
i understand why they are closing the parks and playgrounds, but the trails are in open space with plenty of fresh air; but i guess when they say all city parks closed it means everthing from the beaches (where the real problem was) to the canyons
so you ever hear of a strain called gelato?
im getting my seeds together for this years outdoor run and came across a pack from seedsman of fem.gelato seeds
im also goign to crack into some of the beans p'fan laid on me a while back; cherry rider
hope you are able to enjoy your rides and everyone is doing well
have a great walk tonight and enjoy being with the ones you love the most brother!

packerfan79

Veteran
thats a good point about how disk golf is already a socially distancing" sport
you play in small groups and dont mingle too much with others
thats great that they opened the trails
i understand why they are closing the parks and playgrounds, but the trails are in open space with plenty of fresh air; but i guess when they say all city parks closed it means everthing from the beaches (where the real problem was) to the canyons
so you ever hear of a strain called gelato?
im getting my seeds together for this years outdoor run and came across a pack from seedsman of fem.gelato seeds
im also goign to crack into some of the beans p'fan laid on me a while back; cherry rider
hope you are able to enjoy your rides and everyone is doing well
have a great walk tonight and enjoy being with the ones you love the most brother!

Gelato is fire. Let me know how those cherry riders are. They were testers, I got distracted and didn't run.

All this chili cornbread talk is making me hungry.

So, I was pretty disappointed in the last grow. Only the flavor. Its super bitter, almost like a lemon peel. Bummer because she was a great plant in every other way. I popped some more mephisto autos, and a couple l.b.l crosses, and the last 2 frosted cherry cookies. Hopefully I find a keeper.

So. I broke down and ordered a new led. New toy for me, woo hoo. I got the mars hydro tsl 2000. It should fit my area nicely, I may have to turn it down some, it's 300 watts . My current light is only 200. My veg light is 2 quantum boards 240 watts. The new light should bump my yield up some. I never weighed this crop, but it got 2 and a half large 1/2 gallon jars full, so over a half pound for sure.

Hope you guys are doing well in these crazy times.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats sucks about that cut not being up to standard for you brother
it was super dank smelling but it has to pack some punch too
how are you liking the led boards? have you run them during the summer time?
i will be sure to post up some pics of the cherry riders when things kick off
you stay safe too and take care

packerfan79

Veteran
thats sucks about that cut not being up to standard for you brother
it was super dank smelling but it has to pack some punch too
how are you liking the led boards? have you run them during the summer time?
i will be sure to post up some pics of the cherry riders when things kick off
you stay safe too and take care

Hey pop Rocks ,

The thing that really sucks is the cut is perfect in every way, except flavor. It reminds me of the tangie.

I am loving the quantum boards. Haven't run during summer yet if warm weather ever arrives I will let you know.

I have a 3 day weekend this weekend, I am hoping to get out and go for a hike. Weather permitting.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah man,those cuts looked really nice with a heavy funk for sure
im thinking of picking up an led board for the warmer months
ive seen a few grows here using the mars hydro line and they look promising
not too sure how long the rain is supposed to last buts its been coming down pretty good all day

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends!

It's another nice spring day here and I'm loving it. After getting close to 80 degrees here yesterday it's about 70 today and the unseasonably warm weather continues. If the rain holds off I might even get another mountain bike ride in after work today.

@pop_rocks. So rumor has it that there are still some disc golf courses where they are still playing down close to the Illinois border. I'm going to have to head down this weekend and see if I can get a game or two in before they take those baskets too!
I have heard a lot of good things about gelato. I think it was really popular a few years back. I don't remember for sure but it sounds like a sweet fruity strain. Throw a few in some soil and see what they do brother. Cherry rider sounds great too!
I hope your able to dodge the rain drops and get some walks in too!

@Packerfan. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the flavor of your last batch of plants. Do you think that flavor may improve with some cure time? I'm really picky on flavor as well and it's my first and most important consideration when deciding to keep a plant around or not. In all the beans I've popped and plants I've grown in the last few years I have only one (more like 1-1/2) keepers. The rest just didn't enough or the right flavor for me to keep.
I look forward to hearing how you like your new lights. My equipment is getting to be a few years old and I will eventually be switching over to LED's but I've got a lot of questions about them and I'm waiting for technology to improve and become more cost effective.
I hope you have a great long weekend and find a way to get out there and get some exercise brother!

packerfan79

Veteran
Good afternoon friends!

It's another nice spring day here and I'm loving it. After getting close to 80 degrees here yesterday it's about 70 today and the unseasonably warm weather continues. If the rain holds off I might even get another mountain bike ride in after work today.

@pop_rocks. So rumor has it that there are still some disc golf courses where they are still playing down close to the Illinois border. I'm going to have to head down this weekend and see if I can get a game or two in before they take those baskets too!
I have heard a lot of good things about gelato. I think it was really popular a few years back. I don't remember for sure but it sounds like a sweet fruity strain. Throw a few in some soil and see what they do brother. Cherry rider sounds great too!
I hope your able to dodge the rain drops and get some walks in too!

@Packerfan. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like the flavor of your last batch of plants. Do you think that flavor may improve with some cure time? I'm really picky on flavor as well and it's my first and most important consideration when deciding to keep a plant around or not. In all the beans I've popped and plants I've grown in the last few years I have only one (more like 1-1/2) keepers. The rest just didn't enough or the right flavor for me to keep.
I look forward to hearing how you like your new lights. My equipment is getting to be a few years old and I will eventually be switching over to LED's but I've got a lot of questions about them and I'm waiting for technology to improve and become more cost effective.
I hope you have a great long weekend and find a way to get out there and get some exercise brother!

Hey Fiddynuts,

I am hopeful the cure improves the flavor.

LEDs are coming down in price, still not anywhere as cheap as hps, mind you their are no bulbs to replace. Hlg just came out with an updated quantum board, but they are really expensive even for a diy kit. We just got a n order to wear face mask anytime you leave the house, even when driving. I need to wear a mask by myself, fucking stupid.

We had a guy tell the manager he didn't feel good, he got sent home. In reality he's a coke dealer and a heavy drinker, most likely he was coming down, and hung over. Can't fix stupid.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
my man smooth'! good to see you around brother
how are thigns up your way, anything good growing?

its a heat wave up your end fiddy!
70-80* sounds like nice spring time weather
its been cold here in the 60 and it gets downn into the low 50s at night with tons of rain
me and the mrs have been getting in some nice rain walks in and ive been loving it
/i dont mind as long as im geared up
so i think those are two for sure and im working on getting a silver haze from a friend for the long outdoor summer season

the new mask rule is stupid over reaction i think, especially the part about wearing the mask when alone in the car
/basically they want you to wear a mask anythime you are out in public
im all for flattening the curve and socially distancing, but who are you protecting when you wear it alone in the car
sounds like me and fiddy will be following your led here
hope that smoke pick up some with a nice cure otherwise just roll em fat
stay safe and take care of yourself my man

Rodehazrd

Hey packerfan
I would bet ths cure helps
My bangi was hohum till a 4 week sweat in the jar then she really rocked a anise lemon flavor.:tiphat:

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey packerfan
I would bet ths cure helps
My bangi was hohum till a 4 week sweat in the jar then she really rocked a anise lemon flavor.:tiphat:

I guess I should stash a few nugs to find out, I sold half of it already. The customers seem to be fine with it, go figure. I got a double grape auto coming down this weekend, and 3 more next weekend, so I don't have to wait long for something different.

Anise lemon sounds great. Does it have the euphoric haze high. Man I miss that high. It's been a long time since I ran any sativas, picky ass customers want coma weed, and they complain that it doesn't burn slowly like the crappy overnuted dispensary weed. I learned a long time ago, let them believe what they want.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

@big315smooth. That spring weather was nice while it lasted...it's around 40 and we are getting some snow flurries today with more cool weather on the way and maybe even some accumulating snow on Monday says the weather person. Ahh spring in wisco!

@Packerfan. I hope the bud comes around a bit for you!
Making you guys wear masks at all, especially when driving alone sounds like overreaching to me.
So one of the things I want to learn about LED lights is something you just mentioned. You don't have bulbs to replace but I've heard that the whole light starts getting weaker with time and needs to be replaced every so often. I get three runs from a bulb but how many runs before you should replace the light? I've yet to hear a great answer for that. And that factors into the operating costs big time.

@pop_rocks. We defenatly had a couple of very unseasonably warm days there but it's back to normal today. Cold, rain and snow is way more normal around here, and a great song by the dead as well. At least the weather here isn't boring!
The right gear makes all the diffrence, weather going for a walk or a motorcycle ride, being comfortable is important.
So are they actually making you wear masks? What if you can't find them or afford them?

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings friends.

@big315smooth. That spring weather was nice while it lasted...it's around 40 and we are getting some snow flurries today with more cool weather on the way and maybe even some accumulating snow on Monday says the weather person. Ahh spring in wisco!

@Packerfan. I hope the bud comes around a bit for you!
Making you guys wear masks at all, especially when driving alone sounds like overreaching to me.
So one of the things I want to learn about LED lights is something you just mentioned. You don't have bulbs to replace but I've heard that the whole light starts getting weaker with time and needs to be replaced every so often. I get three runs from a bulb but how many runs before you should replace the light? I've yet to hear a great answer for that. And that factors into the operating costs big time.

@pop_rocks. We defenatly had a couple of very unseasonably warm days there but it's back to normal today. Cold, rain and snow is way more normal around here, and a great song by the dead as well. At least the weather here isn't boring!
The right gear makes all the diffrence, weather going for a walk or a motorcycle ride, being comfortable is important.
So are they actually making you wear masks? What if you can't find them or afford them?

Hey Fiddynuts,
I have been using my first led for a couple years, it still works good. It was built by Ichabod Crane, their is an issue with how it was built, nothing that affects the performance. I have seen claims of 50,000 hours of use. I really didn't need another light but I have stacked some cash from this crop, and it was burning a hole in my pocket. I wanted to up the wattage, so I figured it would pay for itself in 1 crop so why the hell not.

The county has mandated we wear cloth, or surgical masks. I just read that they are not enforced, a lot of people must have complained. They don't want you to wear a n95 mask, those are supposed to be reserved for the medical professionals. Apparently any face covering is acceptable.