What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Grinspoon

abl12

Yeah I would imagine there are very few people in the world that have the Grinspoon cut. If I was rich, I would move near the equator for a while and grow a bunch of the exotic sativa varieties that most of us can't grow due to climate. Watermelon Hashplant from Bodhi seeds and Dr. Grinspoon from Barneys would be at the top of my list.

Hello, I am gonna attempt to grow a dr grinspoon, probably gonna attempt germination in a day. I am 21 degrees north of the equater in between East of Myanmar and slightly west of pakistan. I have a subtropical climate. Never attempted to grow before but I have a single grinspoon seed. I am afraid to plant as i do not have acess to fertilizers or idea about the proper measurements, i am planning on planting it and letting it grow naturally in a 50 gallon pot with the best soil available, fertile flood plain soil (none of that perlite mix cant find that here)

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Growhigh,

Do you have any tips for growing the Grinspoon? I'd assume it's a light feeder?

Would you recommend flowering from clone? Do it stretch wildly?

this has been a very inspiring thread, I look forward to trying some myself.

G

growhigh1233

Growhigh,

Do you have any tips for growing the Grinspoon? I'd assume it's a light feeder?

Would you recommend flowering from clone? Do it stretch wildly?

this has been a very inspiring thread, I look forward to trying some myself.
yeahh id advise starting from clone .. the grinsppon are easier to handle than say a hmxbb, which really is total vigor, the grinsppoon will need a support and a light feeding. i will be flowing out some grinspoon in coming weeks so ill post a few pics

Last edited:

jefe noche

Here are some pics for you all of the Grinspoon I have grown in the past two seasons. I fed her medium to normal. She got 6'9" in a 5 gallon smart pot. 11 to 12 weeks and a sweet piney fruity aroma grows stronger as she cures.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Siever

Veteran
Compared to what other pure sativas look like, I'd say the yield is not that bad for 12 weeks. I had plants which did 16 weeks and just got slightly bigger, but it's the high that I'm in for. The energizing yet calming brain accelerating euphoric high.

abl12

Compared to what other pure sativas look like, I'd say the yield is not that bad for 12 weeks. I had plants which did 16 weeks and just got slightly bigger, but it's the high that I'm in for. The energizing yet calming brain accelerating euphoric high.

truly the best type of journey :laughing:..

Siever

Veteran
Hello, I am gonna attempt to grow a dr grinspoon, probably gonna attempt germination in a day. I am 21 degrees north of the equater in between East of Myanmar and slightly west of pakistan. I have a subtropical climate. Never attempted to grow before but I have a single grinspoon seed. I am afraid to plant as i do not have acess to fertilizers or idea about the proper measurements, i am planning on planting it and letting it grow naturally in a 50 gallon pot with the best soil available, fertile flood plain soil (none of that perlite mix cant find that here)

Sorry for the late answer bud if you grow organic you don't need all those measurement stuff.
Just be sure to use good potting soil and be easy on the nutrients.
Tomato or pepper (sweet & chilli's) fertilizer are great alternative otherwise just well composted dung

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I started 2 Grinspoons, I hope I get at least one of the pearl pheno's.
I bought a 10 pack, all were very nice looking seeds, 9 seeds were very large and fat, 1 seed was tiny.

G

growhigh1233

I started 2 Grinspoons, I hope I get at least one of the pearl pheno's.
I bought a 10 pack, all were very nice looking seeds, 9 seeds were very large and fat, 1 seed was tiny.

ohh good luck bro,..... keep us posted on what you find :tiphat:

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
picture.php
wow- great plant, great thread. several years ago i grew out some greenhouse alaskian ice and i had a wlid sative pheno that looks very similiar. i'll try and find the pic

Last edited:
G

growhigh1233

View Image wow- great plant, great thread. several years ago i grew out some greenhouse alaskian ice and i had a wlid sative pheno that looks very similiar. i'll try and find the pic

love the look of that, iv herd there some killer phenos in those Alaskan ice

Siever

Veteran
I once had a Cannabiogen Destroyer which looked just like that. I didn't find it an exceptional phenotype, although lots of other people find that phenotype very good. It had a very good high, but not good enough to wait so long ( I think it was around 12 weeks) with such a low yield. If the plant had a decent yield with the same high, I would have been happy with the plant.

Kind regards,

Siever

G

Gr33nSanta

At 16 secondes you can see BlueSage X Dr.Grinspoon (female pollen, hermi) and the very last plant shown is Dr.Grinspoon X SpaceBomb (SpaceGrin). SpaceGrin makes great water hash, but she is not really worth trimming nor does it have great bag appeal. The Blue Spoon is faster, stinkier, great funky smell and great bag appeal.

Day 55

I made those crosses 4 years ago but these 2 plants are roughly a year old and I ve grown both multipile times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-_jsuecy8&feature=youtu.be

G

growhigh1233

At 16 secondes you can see BlueSage X Dr.Grinspoon (female pollen, hermi) and the very last plant shown is Dr.Grinspoon X SpaceBomb (SpaceGrin). SpaceGrin makes great water hash, but she is not really worth trimming nor does it have great bag appeal. The Blue Spoon is faster, stinkier, great funky smell and great bag appeal.

Day 55

I made those crosses 4 years ago but these 2 plants are roughly a year old and I ve grown both multipile times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-_jsuecy8&feature=youtu.be

no mistaking the grin spoon influence in those cross's lovely tent you've got there ............... filled with goodies of all kinds :canabis:

G

growhigh1233

I once had a Cannabiogen Destroyer which looked just like that. I didn't find it an exceptional phenotype, although lots of other people find that phenotype very good. It had a very good high, but not good enough to wait so long ( I think it was around 12 weeks) with such a low yield. If the plant had a decent yield with the same high, I would have been happy with the plant.

Kind regards,

Siever

i can see the logic .................... i love the high and the flavour and i always grow a few each batch but ............. it only lasts a few days after harvest and im always left craving more lol

i only wish i cud grow a monster plant outside