Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Cont..
IMAG2574_zpsf3185f54.jpg

IMAG2575_zps632adfd4.jpg

Happy Hashing ICMAG.

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Another shot after 7 days of curing, burping 2times a day.

I try to use a a glass jar/container that is air-tight and just large enough to hold the hash, reducing dead space.

The aroma is very piney, this batch I will put my patience to the test, I'm going for a minimum of 4 weeks, before I even try it...
I preformed a melt test with my quartz glow rod , she bubbled like crazy as the heat approached.

Happy Tuesday Hashers!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Amazing thread

Are u just using a lighter to smoke? That doesn't look like a dab rig. Those shots of pressed balls after u split e, open, god damn dude. So sexy. Making my mouth water

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Amazing thread

Are u just using a lighter to smoke? That doesn't look like a dab rig. Those shots of pressed balls after u split e, open, god damn dude. So sexy. Making my mouth water

Thank you so much budman!!

Yes, on the melt shots, it's just standard glass pipe(hash only)in which I stack about three screens and use a glow rod for the first hit (this when the picture is taken ) I then finish with a lighter or some hemp wick, but the wick really doesn't get hot enough to get the rest of the goodies, my first hit is all about the taste & watching it melt and bubble is quite addictive in of itself.. Haha.

Otherwise I usually use my Enail..... Put the hash on a a screen and place that on top of the nail....

The taste is like heaven, better than any oil I've ever made, it's the true flavor of the resin.
Thank you for the kind words, and for checking out my journal.
Much respect,
-dabs

Really nice work with the hash and resin Sir Dabs :good:
:blowbubbles:

b00m!!!!!
Hot damn, thank you mate, such a compliment from the likes of the true hash makers of ICMAG...

This is the best forum on the planet... Cream of the crop members.
:tiphat::dance013::woohoo:
PS
I should try and get a melt shot on the Enail!!!

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Just another pic of the last run... Thought it was purdy....

The nose keeps getting louder and louder... Damn, I'm excited to press some of this stuff...

Patience is a virtue

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Good day fellow resin fanatics, latest batch ended up turning into the Ice Wax consistency.

Which I'm Loving

It is very dry, soft, supple, powdery chalk

Please click "View Original Size" for full viewing pleasure.

Happy Hashing guys!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I just purchased a washing machine off amazon and a 6bag set from sprung. Between me and my partners I bet we have 4-5 of fresh frozen sugar trim haven't made bubble since Xmas and it was stirring in a five gallon bucket. Excited to have washing machine. I hear they do a good job.

What do you all do with powdery mildew bud? I had a portion of a plant get some PM and trying to figure out what to do with it.

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Please do further research before proceeding, as I'm not 100% sure but PM dose not produce an aflatoxin and it should float, as resin will sink.

Be very pro-active when collecting the hash,rinse the hash thoroughly with a very strong stream of super cold water while it's still in the bag.

I also remember seeing Cervantes using a Hydrogen Peroxide mixture to kill the mildew on YouTube.

Hope this helps budman, again, please verify other resources as I'm not sure about this, just something I've picked up reading many hash threads......

You know what they say, if you seen it on the internet, it has got to be true.
:)

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Hot damn Frenchy!!!

That is jaw-dropping for sure. Thank you for sharing!!

I have some freshly made Timewreck that I will photograph and post tomorrow.
It's aroma is powerful, and very sticky.

Thanks for stopping by, I've grown tired of a certain self proclaimed"King" that can't even spell what he claims to be king of...haha

So, I took a nice long time-out from there, good to hear from you my friend.
:)

There is a lot of King and Super-Stars in the industry, I call it the Hollywood Syndrome.
The Aficionado genetics is making it "Hot Dam", I am just showing the resin at its best.
The Timewreck is really a Charas plant made to rub almost too sticky for sieving, fresh or cured trims the same, sticky. I just love it and a terpenes profile is so yummy. Enjoy.

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Good Day Resin Lovers.

Latest addition to the journal..
Timewreck

It seems we may share close genetics on the Timewreck, the resin is very sticky.

I put my chunks of sticky resin in the fridge overnight, and chopped up one chunk at a time with my standard Hashish knife.

With it staying solid while cold I got it to break up a bit.

Pics.

IMAG2711_zpsa5ceac90.jpg

IMAG2713_zps8d69235c.jpg

IMAG2714_zps183c984a.jpg

IMAG2715_zpsdb01aaa3.jpg

IMAG2716_zps76f731ca.jpg

After chopping it up and grabbing some pictures, I put it back into my Hash Cure jar...not even give minutes later, the Trichomes began to mend together at room temp.

Absolutely one of my favorite Terpene Profiles with this strain.
Happy Hashing ICMAG.

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
The latest addition to the Resin Journal....

Fresh resin Collection

Used un dried material, which looks, smells and tastes amazing, however, my yield was a bit disappointing at less than 3%

Keep on hashing Hashers!

Looking good everyone. Hash is the best medicine in my opinion. I would love to talk trichome sometime with yall. I have been out of the hash scene for a year or two now, but was producing world class full melt on a commercial basis by hand. No machines. Can you get same results with a washer? Much love everyone.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:jawdrop: Damn it Sir Dabs you got my jaw on the ground once again mate :jawdrop:
Really love the way you continue to strive for better quality end product each an every time bro :good:
I take my hat off to you as it is very well deserved to say the least and Frenchy Cannoli your work is off the hook as well mate :gday:
Keep on making those bubbles pop with the dankness
:blowbubbles:

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
You are very kind b00m , it's an honor to have you along in the journal, hopefully it continues to improve with each page.

Just a couple shots from the last spin cycle today, this one and the Timewreck spin have the strongest aroma of all the hash I've made up to this point.

A side note that I find humorous...
I keep throwing some of this on a fresh clean screen to capture a melt shot .... But once the resin begins to melt and proceeds to dome up, my brain becomes hypnotized, and capturing that image mentally takes precedence, over physically capturing on film.

Melt shots are coming, haha,:)

Bump this is one hell of a thread!

Great info and images. Hey dabs I hope the pain has become more manageable, it looks like you have some great hash to help medicate with.

Maybe I missed it but can I just ask a few questions?

Are you using washing machine? How many bags? What's your favorite screen size? and how are you breaking it up to crumble for the curing process? Thanks for any insight! - Bob

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Thank you!

Thank you!

Bump this is one hell of a thread!

Great info and images. Hey dabs I hope the pain has become more manageable, it looks like you have some great hash to help medicate with.

Maybe I missed it but can I just ask a few questions?

Are you using washing machine? How many bags? What's your favorite screen size? and how are you breaking it up to crumble for the curing process? Thanks for any insight! - Bob

Welcome to thee Resin Journal Bob, and thank you for stopping by with the kind words.

The recovery is slow, but getting a tiny bit better every day, my damn tobacco affinity is delaying my heal time, I actually quit for a solid 6 days, and noticed quite the progression, but I'll be damned; I stupidly took a single drag from my wife's cigarette, and of course started smoking again.

So, starting over today..... No cigarettes in the house, I'm through with the Marlboro Philip Morris conglomerate taking my hard earned cash, a years worth of cigarettes could buy me some bad ass grow equipment .

Okay, Tobacco rant vented...

Let's talk Hash....

"Are you using washing machine?"
Not yet, for now I like the gentle manual agitation via a long metal spoon. I'm still very new to ice water extractions(around 15-20 runs so far) and am still learning the nuances of water sieving.

I started my extract journey with BHO, but after I made my first batch of Full Melt, I haven't made BHO very much as of late.

* I still utilize BHO, but only in moderation, as I feel it's significantly more effective used in this manner.*

"How many bags? "

3 bags + work bag.
-220 work

(I need to ditch the 25 and replace with a 45)
But alas; waiting on a disability decision, cash is very tight ATM.

I sometimes will use a 120, depending on the material.

" What's your favorite screen size? "
73 ... But this the combination of all ripe glands from 159-74, I love the taste.

"and how are you breaking it up to crumble for the curing process? "

I use a dull kitchen knife and chop gently, trying not to rupture the glands... I also picked up a tip from DSW; use a couple of toothpicks and pull apart, like pulled pork.

If you would like to know anything else, feel free to ask.

Latest addition to the Journal...

Tahoe OG, Bubblegum.. Bubble Glass?...
Fresh, but not frozen...

Glassy,

I will try to get some more close-up shots of the glass like hash, it's so appealing to the naked eye, but hard to capture on film.

As always.....
Thanks for viewing!!!!
-dabs

IndoGorilla

Sirdabsalot, my hat goes off to you! :tiphat:

Amazing job you have done, not only with the extractions themselves but the quality of photos as well! Very inspirational. I can't wait till harvest time so I can make myself some full melty goodness myself!

A few questions if you don't mind. Please forgive if they have already been covered as I quickly skimmed through the whole thread lusting over picture after picture.....

Do you use dry or frozen starting material? Do you do your extractions at any specific ambient temperatures? What brand of bags do you use? And how do you mix, by hand or with machine?