What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:alrighty,time to roll out for a short ride...hopefully it will stretch my back out a bit....especially with a nappy afterward...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got a chance to ride the fat-road bike today...forgot how frickin heavy those wheels/tires are....swapped to the 29+ wheels for a slightly less ridiculous version of the bike...and added some more successories...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
evening Unc ... what have you learned to be the best hydration strategies on long multi mile hot dry trail rides? is there a point of no return? like turn around & go home when U reach %50 water reserves???

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a liter per hour minimum...for say 20-30 miles i carry 2 bottles,one water,one electrolytes...for 30-50 miles i would add a 48oz thermos bottle with cold water,over 50 i would add a thermos bottle with a juice/ginger ale combo so i have something cold and sugary to drink when i stop to eat...

in general for a long ride i bring granola bars and other types of energy bars and bacon jerky,maybe a couple of oranges or something like that...but i almost always stop at a convenience store on the way home and grab cold drinks....and donuts...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey Tree
how did the sour power end up for you?
is it a keeper?
Cheers Renne
Still remains to be seen but at this point I’ve kept two, a green and a purple. I think the purple may be a keeper but will need another run or two.

So I made it through my first hurdle with the township. Got passed the planning commission so I’m now on to the board of trustees. If I get their vote I will have 30 days to apply to the state or risk forfeiting my township approval.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Sounds like you are staying on top of things Tree. I think it will pay off
Trying anyway. I’m in good with the people that matter now at least, the elected officials the building inspector and all that.
Had to go to the district court today to try and retrieve an old record from 91 of a manufacture/delivery charge. Also got a copy of one of the famous Ann Arbor $5 possession tickets I got back in the day as well.

Still not thrilled about any of this regulatory bullshit but doing what I can.
I don’t know, a tiny bbq joint still sounds pretty nice.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trying anyway. I’m in good with the people that matter now at least, the elected officials the building inspector and all that.
Had to go to the district court today to try and retrieve an old record from 91 of a manufacture/delivery charge. Also got a copy of one of the famous Ann Arbor $5 possession tickets I got back in the day as well.

Still not thrilled about any of this regulatory bullshit but doing what I can.
I don’t know, a tiny bbq joint still sounds pretty nice.

that's funny,there's probably more rules about serving food than growing herb currently...just wait till your grow area has to be ada compliant and adhere to osha regulations...be glad it's only at a state level!

build that sucker up and sell it off down the line...then retire to bbq heaven!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

back is feeling better,not 100% yet,but at least it doesn't feel like a stack of broken glass...

same old today....errands,bike rides,bitching about the weather,bacon....:)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:did i mention i have a new mastercool?:)

this thing rocks...the house is staying cool even when it's shut down so it cools off quick once i turn it on....heck,i may even turn on the furnace this winter....imagine that,year round climate control!

i don't mind a chilly house in the winter as much as too frickin hot in the summer...

group gravel ride tonight...should be the usual combo of fun/annoying like any group ride...at least they're generally at a very mellow pace...not like riding with my regular partner when it's nothing but hammering away at the pedals the whole ride...at least i can sorta keep up these days...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
that's funny,there's probably more rules about serving food than growing herb currently...just wait till your grow area has to be ada compliant and adhere to osha regulations...be glad it's only at a state level!

build that sucker up and sell it off down the line...then retire to bbq heaven!

That is the idea. I’ll be 50 here in a couple years, if I can bust out ten more years and call it a career I’d be happy.
And believe me I know all about the giant pain in the ass that comes with regulation. Automatic co2 mitigation systems with alarms and all kinds of crazy shit being required.
And yeah I already had to adjust my handicap parking spaces for the township even though no one will be using them.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
on many levels i agree with regulating it simply because there's so many unethical growers out there who will gladly sell pesticide soaked mite infested moldy crap (i'm looking at you california!)

and lets face it,a grow room is not an osha compliant workspace...how many of us have retina damage from working under lights or have been exposed to god knows what chemicals and molds and carbon dust and bat guano and on and on...

so i think a certain amount of people poking around in your facility in the end is for the better....i hated the health inspectors when i worked in kitchens but all things considered i would rather have them then not...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my astrophytum ornatum finally bloomed...

this morning...
picture.php
[/FONT]

this afternoon..
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]