What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlaser

Veteran
Any idea of the science they are utilizing with that product?

"superior quality micelles are created as a result of a process in which natural ingredients, including corn & palm oil, fatty acids, organic alcohol and amino acids, all extracts of natural plants, are blended at specific time intervals, temperatures and sequences, which causes such compounds

to be transformed into new particles, which are "colloidal micelles."

If I got a sample I would test it on a troublesome plant.

There are a few folks at Thc and RIU praising this stuff. I think it's a recently introduced product so there isnt much experience posted out there. Based on my casual survey of stoner sites PureCrop1 is up and coming in the woo game.
From the ingredient list, it looks to be an insecticidal wash, the fatty acid will be from potassium salts of fatty acids most likely.
Not a new idea, maybe a slightly differerent combo of “ natural” plant oils.
Marketing to the legal canna grower and the short list of approved pesticides.
M-pede is 49% potassium salts of fatty acids, add a teaspoon of oil per gal if you want and make your own.
Pottasium salts of fatty acids is an effective dessicant, can be alternated with hort oil or not

R

Robrites

that sounds like bullshit to me...
reminds me of when I saw an ad on tv recently, it was an ad for some soapy product(shampoo or cleaning stuff or so), advertising it contains 'micelles'(well, duh, everything soapy does).

I have no idea what they want with micelles in this case, but micelles are in everything soapy.
they're just bubbles of soap molecules, with the hydrophobic tails(which are fatty acids) pointed inwards, away from the water around the micelle/bubble, and the hydrophilic head of the soap molecules points to the water around it, creating a round bubble-shape.

but I can't figure out what they want these soapbubbles to do to plants, what benefit would it have?
my guess is they just used those words for marketing, and hope no one knows what it means.
(btw, I get an error from chrome that the linked site from that product isn't safe, and the top link on google doesn't work at all, so I'm basing this just on that quote here)
soapy-stuff (surfactants) is used to make products stick to a plant longer-increasing it's effectiveness.

led05

Chasing The Present
Second pic, fan leave looks like it has some rust spots. From post #4194 Fan leaf flipped backwards behind your writing of the bottom right. Bulldog has eagle eyes, lol

Very slight, plants look great.

I think that's more Ca than Mg but probably a little of both, K & P light too IMO

led05

Chasing The Present
Appreciate!

When I brought the vegging plant (cfl) under the flowering light (cobs) it quickly showed issues with Ca/Mg. The jump in par is tremendous. I'm still dialing in this very bright cob rig. This is first run where i swapped out a 4k cob to the 1750K (meat chip).

Thanks for taking a look. I think it's looking like 10-11 weeks hoping that there's a real shot of filling up those sites!

for whatever reason, LED's, especially burple ones (not saying yours are burple) create def in Ca & Mg super quickly, always, even if starting in them... They have much less FR than traditional HID lighting, Fluros and they take getting used to, especially if you've done it the "old" way for a long time

led05

Chasing The Present
I call it pos Amish engineering

If it ain’t soluble I ain’t spraying it is my last word on anything.

Do what you want. Adios

I really don't like stereotyping but after decades of living around the good ol' Amish folk, I gotta say, when dealing in any form of business with them... let's just say.... I'd prefer first for a sleazy used car salesman located say, out of West Texas to go and.... make a deal with :)

jidoka

Fuck me for saying this...could a mod please ban me.

Anyways a Micelle is a form of chelation. It’s main goal is to protect metals from oxidizing because in certain oxidative states those metals are not plant available

So micelles with soluble stuff...sign me up

But with non soluble stuff that needs a suspending agent...gtfo

Not to be a dick but you have clear Ca deficiencies in your pics, especially #2, probably a little Mg & K def too, maybe even some P...

A little Gypsum might help you out a bit

Thanks for your observations.

Ya, I believe you are correct. Right after that pic I drenched with biomin Ca powder. Good response. She is thirsty as a sponge. Next I gave an Mg foliar. Good response. I followed that up with some ewc tea that is K heavy. It`s recently been top dressed with granulated bone meal.

Im hesitant to dose her with gypsum because of S levels. Is that a legit concern?
M3 S @3800ppm at beginning of grow.

I really don't like stereotyping but after decades of living around the good ol' Amish folk, I gotta say, when dealing in any form of business with them... let's just say.... I'd prefer first for a sleazy used car salesman located say, out of West Texas to go and.... make a deal with :)

In my neck of the woods "getting amished" means being swindled.

Ive worked with Amish since the 80's. Like every group they have their share of assholes. Culturally the Amish have no qualms about exploiting their image as wholesome folk and returning little to the larger community.

"faggot" ? Now it would be appropriate to make that request to be banned. A grown man using that word as a slur is a pitiable fool.

for whatever reason, LED's, especially burple ones (not saying yours are burple) create def in Ca & Mg super quickly, always, even if starting in them... They have much less FR than traditional HID lighting, Fluros and they take getting used to, especially if you've done it the "old" way for a long time

Yes. Ive grown with LED from the start so Ive had some time to dial in. This run I added the 1750k cob (meat cob) it supplies more red than the 4k and 3500K iv been running. I also use a 730nm light's out bar. My rig is all cobs 4x v29's and 4x cxb. except for the 730 diodes and a uvb t5. It's bright as fuck in there so good outcome is totally reliant on keeping up with nutrition.

Here's a couple pics after some feeding. It looks like I'm gonna be feeding this plant on the reg. It's still stretching day 18. What do you make of those crispy bits? It's also exhibiting somethin ive not seen before. On just a few leaves at top of plant, on a couple stems the whole leaf is normal except the tiniest first leaflet is black and crispy.

Badfishy1

Ive worked with Amish since the 80's. Like every group they have their share of assholes. Culturally the Amish have no qualms about exploiting their image as wholesome folk and returning little to the larger community.

"faggot" ? Now it would be appropriate to make that request to be banned. A grown man using that word as a slur is a pitiable fool.

Ahhhh the good ‘ol ban because muh feelzzzz. But calling somebody an asshole is a ok... the irony

G

Ahhhh the good ‘ol ban because muh feelzzzz. But calling somebody an asshole is a ok... the irony
No way Mel Brooks could make Blazing Saddles in today’s snowflake world. Remember Dom Delouise as director in the big musical 😜😜
They don’t make em like that anymore.

reppin2c

Veteran
Faggot and asshole go hand in hand lmao.

I am no shit eating some amish bacon right now. Little to heavy on the smoke.

jidoka

I ain’t giving up faggot no matter what the politically correct say. They can suck my balls.

I got no clue what pitiable fool means so that has zero affect on me. Bring it harder if you wanna fight

Badfishy reporting for toothless gumflapping duty.

Jidoka brought up "ban" himself, I couldnt gaf about bans. But i do know that here at ic you get banned for slapping around witless rednecks.

@stew, bro in today's snowflake world call someone a faggot and get your struggleville ass handed to you.

@rep, faggot and asshole, hand in hand, eloquent. *too

@ jid, "The politically correct" has nothing to do with it. But you sound like a dull, ball - less clown.

You guys, like a clot of squaking hens, pile on in defense of "faggot". @badfishy, this is an actual example of irony.

Last edited:

Rodehazrd

Yes. Ive grown with LED from the start so Ive had some time to dial in. This run I added the 1750k cob (meat cob) it supplies more red than the 4k and 3500K iv been running. I also use a 730nm light's out bar. My rig is all cobs 4x v29's and 4x cxb. except for the 730 diodes and a uvb t5. It's bright as fuck in there so good outcome is totally reliant on keeping up with nutrition.

Here's a couple pics after some feeding. It looks like I'm gonna be feeding this plant on the reg. It's still stretching day 18. What do you make of those crispy bits? It's also exhibiting somethin ive not seen before. On just a few leaves at top of plant, on a couple stems the whole leaf is normal except the tiniest first leaflet is black and crispy.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76417&pictureid=1836359View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76417&pictureid=1836358View Image
I use teas for hand water and don't filter it sometimes I slosh it on the leaves and don't brush it off I get those same spots. I think it has to do with amplifying the light and burning it more than any other reaction. I suggest you won't see it again. :tiphat:

I use teas for hand water and don't filter it sometimes I slosh it on the leaves and don't brush it off I get those same spots. I think it has to do with amplifying the light and burning it more than any other reaction. I suggest you won't see it again. :tiphat:

Ya thanks, that could be, I did foliar them with lights on. Hope you're right. I've not seen that before but i haven't had a plant stretch so close to lights for a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts