Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > So confused. Ready to give up. RAs? Bulb mites? Seed of chunky?

Thread Title Search
So confused. Ready to give up. RAs? Bulb mites? Seed of chunky? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2018, 06:41 AM #11
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivor
Also how old are your bulbs? Old bulbs kill yield and prolong harvest date.

As Scrappy said on the white bugs, those are friendly soldiers.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2018, 06:59 AM #12
thailer

thailer is a jewel in the roughthailer is a jewel in the roughthailer is a jewel in the roughthailer is a jewel in the roughthailer is a jewel in the roughthailer is a jewel in the roughthailer is a jewel in the roughthailer is a jewel in the rough
https://youtu.be/9SLMT9DOgdY

i used to get these white oribatid mites. they show up from over watering in any type of style of grow and also are found in compost. theres thousands of composting mites and many look similar.

maybe advanced nutes reformulated their bottles that you use? i heard they do that from time to time. it would really help to get a pic of the plant.
thailer is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2018, 09:28 AM #13
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
I'll second the overwatering.

You really need to let your pots dry out before rewatering.
Not only do harmfull bugs like wet soil, you're depriving your roots also of oxygen.

If your pots take longer than 3-4 days to dry, make sure your potting mixture has good drainage and consider giving less water at a time

Cvh is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:44 AM #14
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the roughTanzanianMagic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup726 View Post
Going on my third round with my current problems. During veg my plants would look nice and healthy, lucious and green. First couple of weeks into flower the problems would start religiously. Leaves yellowing early on and looking rusted. By the time it came to harvesting my plants would never fully mature. I would let them go for an extra week or two and still wouldn’t finish.
1. Check inside your grow tent for light leaks. Just sitting in a closed grow tent for 10 minutes will show you any light leaks.

2. Nutrient deficiencies lead to a delay in growth.

From mid-flowering onwards, weed needs more:

Potassium - branching and stacking buds, overall health
Silica - resin and an anti-feedant for insects
Sulfur - terpenes, which also act to confuse insects
Calcium - for cell growth

Basically the absence of these nutrients in flowering will slow growth, reduce resistance to insects and infections at the same time.
TanzanianMagic is online now Quote

Old 12-01-2018, 11:25 AM #15
Creeperpark

Creeperpark is a jewel in the roughCreeperpark is a jewel in the roughCreeperpark is a jewel in the roughCreeperpark is a jewel in the roughCreeperpark is a jewel in the roughCreeperpark is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Buttercup, how long have you used advanced nutrients? Two friends and myself had problems with advanced nutrients. We ran advanced nutrients 3 different ways and we all had problems.
Creeperpark is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2018, 02:50 PM #16
maryjaneismyfre

maryjaneismyfre is just really nicemaryjaneismyfre is just really nicemaryjaneismyfre is just really nicemaryjaneismyfre is just really nicemaryjaneismyfre is just really nicemaryjaneismyfre is just really nicemaryjaneismyfre is just really nicemaryjaneismyfre is just really nicemaryjaneismyfre is just really nicemaryjaneismyfre is just really nice
Show some pics of your plants..?
maryjaneismyfre is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2018, 03:53 PM #17
starke

starke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to beholdstarke is a splendid one to behold
Definitely need some plant pics.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My ongoing Grow Diary: Current grow begins on page 43.

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Grow (Completed 2/5/19)
starke is online now Quote

Old 12-01-2018, 04:29 PM #18
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Those mite are Hypoapsis Miles... Soil mites... They are beneficial and destructive to other bugs in the soil.

I'd suspect and look for Hemp Russet mites.
before suspecting russets though... Let's see some plant pics. I hadn't read any of the other comments before making mine. I just saw the original post.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 12-01-2018, 05:31 PM #19
Buttercup726

Buttercup726 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all help!! A lot of good info here.

I’ve been using advanced for years now. Kinda feel like I can close my eyes and still not mess that formula up

I hope they are the beneficial mites. Maybe I’m overthinking it. Or maybe it really is RAs.

As for my bulbs. Every two runs I replace them. I use hortilux.

I will try to take pics today and update the thread. Thanks guys
Buttercup726 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:06 PM #20
stewart169

stewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to allstewart169 is a name known to all
Im far from a great grower and I had gnats early on in my first 2 grows. I figured out that I was over watering. I figured out to not over water, let my soil dry between watering. Not bone dry but the top inch or so should not be constantly wet. Its hard to not want to love your plants to much but the soil has to dry out between watering. Write down how much and how often you water then cut it by 25% to start. Stick to it for at least a couple weeks. I would venture to say there should never be gnats on your grow soil because your not keeping it too wet to allow gnat larvae to survive. Kind of like standing water and mosquitoes eh?

Once I figured it out I have never seen a gnat since.

1 members found this post helpful.