Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Greenleaf Nutrients...

Thread Title Search
-
Greenleaf Nutrients... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2012, 02:08 AM #21
squarepush3r

squarepush3r will become famous soon enoughsquarepush3r will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
I have a question, Is the label guaranteed analysis for the dry powder or is it for the liquid concentrate after you add the powder to your water?
liquid, but the only difference is ratios when converting to powder guaranteed analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamine View Post
This doesn't make sense. Your saying that the powder is more concentrated than the liquid stuff? Hard to argue that one... Or are you saying that your dilution instructions aren't accurate and this is why it was so salty? Like I said, it was a very small dose. It pushed the EC quite a bit.
What I'm saying is I mixed it by weight, so your response is moot.
Yes, more concentrated than liquid just for a few additives where there isn't really much total ingredients. Its designed to give a better value to the customer getting more for what they pay for, also its an all organic product for that particular one. The concept of nutrient burn usually comes from too high a dosage of synthetic nutrients, but anyways its a bit complicated as it often manifests in nutrient deficiencies. Finally, the correct dosage of the product should raise ppm 100-200 (EC .2-.4). Considering its dry nutrients, its difficult to get 'hot spots' with ppm anomalies, so I really am not sure what happened if you said it raised your EC 1 point. If this is true, then the product is even 4x the concentration value so its a better deal, 1 package would make 2000Liters for $13? Sounds like a really good deal. This isn't backed up by evidence maybe you could email your order # to customer service and they could work out you a refund or product exchange. Why don't you do this?

If you have a PPM/EC meter, the best way to measure nutrients is using those tools, that goes for liquid nutrients as well. I normally ignore manufacturer recommended doses anyways when using most brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBioMaster View Post
Like I said dramamine, dont waste your time or breath. This cat thinks he knows more than anyone else and we are all just idiots....ROFL!! Clearly he does not even have a BASIC understanding....AT ALL!! He certainly does not even have a clue what carbonates or bicarbonates are or there function. But I am sure he will be glad to fill us in with his EXPERT knowledge...ROFL!!

I am glad this guy thinks I am a nice person now....LOL!! Before he posted I had some characters flaws...LOL!!
You still haven't answered your question, you claim that magical and botanicare cal mag plus are both quality cal mag products because they have bicarbonates, yet neither product has it listed in guaranteed analysis.

I also don't think I know more than everyone else, many people on this forum have exceptional knowledge about nutrients, and most of them use their own custom blends. If you would read a few threads you would find that out BioMaster.

Also, I don't think that you are ALL idiots as you claimed, I just took issue with you in specific (don't group yourself with other posters here as you represent yourself only). In fact you are the only person who I have heard claim the things you have and I haven't heard anyone agree with you on these claims such as "nutrients aren't just salts mixed together". It seems like you get most of your information from retailers or manufacturers selling you nutrients or products, such as "Chris at Veg+Bloom told me so and so," when you realize that someone selling you products isn't the best person to take advice from I think you will have reached a good turning point. Do your own research and think for yourself.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:30 AM #22
dramamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarepush3r View Post
when you realize that someone selling you products isn't the best person to take advice from I think you will have reached a good turning point. Do your own research and think for yourself.
I'm gonna take that advice and back out of this thread slowly...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:39 AM #23
squarepush3r

squarepush3r will become famous soon enoughsquarepush3r will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Go ahead, I encourage people who want to learn to do so themselves. In fact I made a guide for people on how to do so several years ago, you can find it here. Although your goal was to try to play gotcha by using my own words against me implying that I was incredible, I do encourage people who are willing to make their own nutrients to continue with that path, you can save some $ and surely learn a lot.

For those who don't want to invest the time and resources into doing so, we have high quality products for good prices. Check out some other grow forums to see what people are doing, they seem to have good results.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:53 AM #24
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster will become famous soon enoughTheBioMaster will become famous soon enoughTheBioMaster will become famous soon enough
Ok, I get it, thanks for clearing that up! One minute I am nice person the next I have character flaws, and now I am a idiot. Nice skills you got there bro. Sorry I did not like your products or have even remotely a good experience, and sorry that I did not see a "Quality Product". But I am even MORE sorry that you decided to be a total prick about it and try and make it personal, just because the experience and comments are negative.

And for the record, you would not know a "Quality Product" apparently if I smacked you in the face with one!!!

Instead of taking the negative and LEARNING from it to make your product (and I use that term oh so loosely here) better, you just pretend to know more and then attack the person bringing the negative information forward. How ORIGINAL!!! LOL!!

The statements I made about bicarbonates and others are TRUE, not false no matter how many times you try and confuse the issue. All you do is reveal more of what you do not know. Maybe some very basic water chemistry and plant biology classes is in order.

And stop demanding proof moron of these BASIC FACTS that can ALL be VERY easily verified. Again you just show more ignorance on the matter.

You cant fix stupid. I was actually trying to be nice.

Post all the crap you want bro. I have no time for idiots like you. I think I am also done with this thread and this horse shit that this guy post.

Talk about twisting up peoples words....trying to reason with this cat is like trying to reason with a 3 year old, whatever you say he just reverses it and says it back. LOL!! This is the same thing that happens when you try to reason with a child. LOL!!

I have worked with many nutrient companies first hand, and what I really said was that not ALL nutrients are just salts mixed with water which is ALL your product is. Get it right fucktard!! This guy is CLUELESS!

There are nutrient companies that use very special processes to obtain the right "form" of the ingredient. They also spend THOUSANDS of dollars and YEARS of time trying to isolate a certain element or mineral in a special form. This takes MONEY and HARDWARE and TIME!! Something this guy is totally clueless about!! So it kinda bugs me when he puts this label on it and says "Just like X product but lots cheaper!" That is UTTER BULLSHIT!! Especially when I can tell that most of the ingredients came from a fucking grocery store!!

The guy behind House & Garden for example used knowledge experience he had been collecting since CHILDHOOD to formulate there new product recently released called Amino Treatment. This man over a lifetime of work was finally able to isolate a VERY special enzyme that is found in seeds. The process and method used to obtain this took YEARS to develop. This is just ONE example, there are MANY MANY more examples I could list.

Nutrient companies do not buy shit like grape juice concentrate and put it in the formula they sell you!! You seem to not even be able to grasp a understanding of the "Derived From" section of a product label.

Do not even get me started on the Cal/Mag BS again......

If you want to be a amateur and sell some salts at a good deal, no problem there!!

BUT STOP CLAIMING ALL THIS BS YOU ARE CLAIMING WHEN YOU CLEARLY DO NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS IT TAKES TO MAKE THE NUTRIENT IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE!!

What you have demonstrated with your attacks on me and others who had issues; was that you have ZERO decency or respect or KNOWLEDGE for making nutrients AT ALL!

Buying salts and mixing your own nutrients is a good thing and more people should take the time and learn about how to do this.
TheBioMaster is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2012, 12:15 PM #25
Ganja baba

Ganja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of light
hi guys i recently purchase a box of this for £6.20

its N.P.K ratio is 12.5-25-25 when watered down 4 times it gives you
N.P.K of 3.1-6.2-6.2 and it contains all the macros more or less the same as ionic canna and other nutes , this feed has every thing but calcium in it , all the chelates are the same and in the same order

i think it water down to about 6000lt of nutes
not tried it yet but used to mix my own salts and going to give it a go soon

https://www.thompson-morgan.com/garde...feed/kww2553TM
Ganja baba is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2012, 12:25 PM #26
TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster will become famous soon enoughTheBioMaster will become famous soon enoughTheBioMaster will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:

PRICELESS post dramamine!!
TheBioMaster is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2012, 08:04 PM #27
squarepush3r

delete duplicate post

Last edited by squarepush3r; 04-16-2012 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: duplicate post
squarepush3r is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 PM #28
squarepush3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBioMaster View Post
Ok, I get it, thanks for clearing that up! One minute I am nice person the next I have character flaws, and now I am a idiot. Nice skills you got there bro. Sorry I did not like your products or have even remotely a good experience, and sorry that I did not see a "Quality Product". But I am even MORE sorry that you decided to be a total prick about it and try and make it personal, just because the experience and comments are negative.

And for the record, you would not know a "Quality Product" apparently if I smacked you in the face with one!!!

Instead of taking the negative and LEARNING from it to make your product (and I use that term oh so loosely here) better, you just pretend to know more and then attack the person bringing the negative information forward. How ORIGINAL!!! LOL!!

The statements I made about bicarbonates and others are TRUE, not false no matter how many times you try and confuse the issue. All you do is reveal more of what you do not know. Maybe some very basic water chemistry and plant biology classes is in order.

And stop demanding proof moron of these BASIC FACTS that can ALL be VERY easily verified. Again you just show more ignorance on the matter.

You cant fix stupid. I was actually trying to be nice.

Post all the crap you want bro. I have no time for idiots like you. I think I am also done with this thread and this horse shit that this guy post.

Talk about twisting up peoples words....trying to reason with this cat is like trying to reason with a 3 year old, whatever you say he just reverses it and says it back. LOL!! This is the same thing that happens when you try to reason with a child. LOL!!

I have worked with many nutrient companies first hand, and what I really said was that not ALL nutrients are just salts mixed with water which is ALL your product is. Get it right fucktard!! This guy is CLUELESS!

There are nutrient companies that use very special processes to obtain the right "form" of the ingredient. They also spend THOUSANDS of dollars and YEARS of time trying to isolate a certain element or mineral in a special form. This takes MONEY and HARDWARE and TIME!! Something this guy is totally clueless about!! So it kinda bugs me when he puts this label on it and says "Just like X product but lots cheaper!" That is UTTER BULLSHIT!! Especially when I can tell that most of the ingredients came from a fucking grocery store!!

The guy behind House & Garden for example used knowledge experience he had been collecting since CHILDHOOD to formulate there new product recently released called Amino Treatment. This man over a lifetime of work was finally able to isolate a VERY special enzyme that is found in seeds. The process and method used to obtain this took YEARS to develop. This is just ONE example, there are MANY MANY more examples I could list.

Nutrient companies do not buy shit like grape juice concentrate and put it in the formula they sell you!! You seem to not even be able to grasp a understanding of the "Derived From" section of a product label.

Do not even get me started on the Cal/Mag BS again......

If you want to be a amateur and sell some salts at a good deal, no problem there!!

BUT STOP CLAIMING ALL THIS BS YOU ARE CLAIMING WHEN YOU CLEARLY DO NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS IT TAKES TO MAKE THE NUTRIENT IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE!!

What you have demonstrated with your attacks on me and others who had issues; was that you have ZERO decency or respect or KNOWLEDGE for making nutrients AT ALL!

Buying salts and mixing your own nutrients is a good thing and more people should take the time and learn about how to do this.
You don't even make this difficult for me.

https://www.jasons-indoor-guide-to-or...droponics.html

Quote:
High pH - Hard Water Hydroponics

by Jon J.
(Prescott Valley, AZ)
My well water has a pH of 8.2. I have tried lowering the pH so I can use it for hydroponics, but it bounces back (less than 24 hours). In reading, it seems that would be caused by hard water. The million dollar question is how do I correct my waters pH. Jon

Answer: Jon- the main culprit for hard water is Calcium Carbonate. In small amounts, the pH of the water will only need a small adjustment. The ideal pH of the water you start with would be 7.0. After adding hydroponic nutrients and additives, the ideal pH of the solution should be around 5.9-6.2.

Having Calcium Carbonate in your water will cause more of a problem than just having your pH out of whack. Calcium Carbonate will register on your TDS or EC meter, and the more Calcium Carbonate in the water, the less room there will be for your nutrients. On top of this, the pH down that you add to correct the problem also increases the TDS/EC of the solution (leaving even less room for your nutrients). Finally, plants tend to uptake the Calcium Carbonate before they will uptake other forms of Calcium which are more usable to the plants. If you grow in water with high levels of Calcium Carbonate, there is a very good chance your plants will exhibit a Calcium deficiency (or other nutrient deficiency).
There you go Biomaster, your all power carbonates which you hail as the cornerstone of quality products, is simply hard water which most people buy water filtering machines to remove. It is not an effective ph stabilizer nor is it an effective calcium source for plants to absorb.

You are trying to round up a battle cry to get people to stand up and agree with you with your crusade against me, but you stand on almost nothing. You buy this "Secret Enzyme" $100/bottle BS that only cannabis nutrient companies will be foolish enough to try to sell you, if you look at the real agriculture world, outside of cannabis, no one buys this shit or would even try to pull it on commercial farmers. A real touching story about how an H&G owner works his entire life since childhood to isolate a selected enzyme that is so amazing! Did you know that H&G basically stole a lot of formulas from Canna and they had employee(s) defect from Canna to create this company. So the way I understand, some employees just defected from Canna to copy formulas and create their own company based on the same concept of Hydroponic Nutrients. Not groundbreaking or interesting.

Also, did you know magnesium sulfate, b vitamins, amino acids, and other ingredients can be bought "in a fucking grocery store?" This really makes your argument silly, as well as other things like dextrose, glucose, blackstrap molasses, plant extracts, brewers yeasts, can all be "bought in fucking stores" and Advanced Nutrients uses them as ingredients, as well as other nutrient companies.

Enjoy your calcium carbonate grows BioMaster, I bet you get some fat budzzzz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganja baba View Post
hi guys i recently purchase a box of this for £6.20

its N.P.K ratio is 12.5-25-25 when watered down 4 times it gives you
N.P.K of 3.1-6.2-6.2 and it contains all the macros more or less the same as ionic canna and other nutes , this feed has every thing but calcium in it , all the chelates are the same and in the same order

i think it water down to about 6000lt of nutes
not tried it yet but used to mix my own salts and going to give it a go soon

https://www.thompson-morgan.com/garde...feed/kww2553TM
Hi Ganja baba. I followed that link above, and I can't find any label information or details about that, so I can't comment on what kind of quality it is. Could you take a picture or scan of the label with ingredients and analysis, and I can tell you if it is good or not. Also, what is your application, indoor (hydroponic) or outdoor (soil) growing? Will be able to answer once I get some more information.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:50 PM #29
Ganja baba

Ganja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of lightGanja baba is a glorious beacon of light
hi squarepush will do . i tired to find a pic ofthe back of the box on the net but could not find any .

on a side note i am using metrop at the mo and its quite concentrated and supposed to be pure with out other additives . whats your take on this range are you aware of it by any chance .?
Ganja baba is offline Quote

Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 PM #30
squarepush3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganja baba View Post
hi squarepush will do . i tired to find a pic ofthe back of the box on the net but could not find any .

on a side note i am using metrop at the mo and its quite concentrated and supposed to be pure with out other additives . whats your take on this range are you aware of it by any chance .?
hey Ganja, I haven't heard of it before I think its a UK product but I was able to Google it and found a bit of info. Here is their website

https://www.metrop.net/3_uk_MR1%20grow%20fertilizer.html

Which product do you use specifically, and do you use soil or hydroponic growing medium?

The MR1 product I linked to looks like its a nice quality product but seems geared towards soil due to nitrogen source. Is this the product that you use? best