Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$•

Thread Title Search
Short term trades in the stock market •$$$$$• Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 PM #31
TNTBudSticker

TNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really nice
Seen C hasn't be sold off until march.I think it's a good stock to make money or having it all pay for itself trading with limit orders and having loads of stock for cheap on the dollar.

That portfolio I posted is actually up at 314.23 for it's high today by having those 2 Shorts when the market is taking a hit at -159.00

I added a position FGP for it's dividends.

Gold did indeed go below $1320 and a nice bounce today.

I was in MMG trading it at $1.00 and selling it above $1.10

Going to be hard but when gold spikes..MMG just may market-perform along side with gold.If not chunk the piece of crap.But thanks for the party !

Read an article that says that DOW at 12,000 could \ will be a selling point for traders.

I'm seeing a bounce.... lol ..... but then it's a wait and see.Some graph is telling me a bounce.
Ye 'a 'bounce
TNTBudSticker is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 10:06 PM #32
Mountain

As I thought AAPL took a dump today on vol after setting up near it's recent highs. Still feel what happened a few days ago was the start of a correction, who knows how long it'll last, and not surprised the market made a small run back to the high's. Institutions selling shares like crazy today. Was in CCME before the pop and locked in most of my gains. Getting a bit too volatile now for my tastes though. Still think long term it has great potential but needs to settle down a bit for another entry but don't know if it will any time soon...lol...huge short interest on a highly rated company getting all kinds of coverage the past few weeks. Ridiculously low PE and guessing it'll make a nice run in the near future...depending on general market conditions of course.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:12 AM #33
Madrus Rose
post 69

Madrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really nice
The $INDU was really overdue & almost never , when a chart gets this high a RSI reading do you not see a pull back & profitaking kick in . At "12K" almost every fundmanager thats been riding this 25% gain since august/sept is going to be ready to seel at this "Nice Round Pivot" number .

They're all looking at the same charts is why ..easy to see 12k as a major resistance point here after one major 5mo straight bull run . Trading above the 50ma the whole time the bulls were in full control the enitire ride .

But up here the air was getting mighty thin ....no new drivers to take it higher since the holiday spending is over, americans have shot their wad ...now patience is a key & wait for tests of lower supports , to rebuy in at lower levels .

Old 01-29-2011, 04:34 AM #34
Madrus Rose
post 69

Madrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really niceMadrus Rose is just really nice
And the $SPX (S&P) atnice even "1300"...these "Nice Round Numbers" are golden shorting opps

Come around only rarely when they do are so totally obvious ...when technical overbought indicators are there on all indices & both the INDU , COMPX & $SPX are all in kind of a harmonic convergence ready to draw back .

If u only did 4-8 trades a year waiting for these kinds of set ups , you almost would never lose ....patience is the key & watch the charts .

good support at 1250 (50ma), next @ 1220 & 10% correction would be down @ 1180 where u see the bounce up the 1rst of dec off the 50ma then & congestion area

Old 02-01-2011, 12:37 AM #35
TNTBudSticker

TNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really niceTNTBudSticker is just really nice
Yay ! Ze'bounce!

I use the 25Ma-100ma instead of the 50ma-200ma..That's just me.I also use the RSI-Relative strength index for those Small Cap picks.I use the Full Stochastics also.

MMG (mining) is like "sell the news,I'm going up!" So with Gold,silver going down it's a push and pull stock.Up it went today.

I'm paper-trading MMG with 36,000 shares at 1.06 and now at 1.13.
Going to sell 18,000 shares at limit $1.13 in the morning.And a stop limit at $1.11 for the rest.
I usually don't advocate penny stocks and disdain them because other stocks are better,stable and easier to invest.This is just paper-trading and learning if I made a mistake somewhere and why.

I'm up a darn 331 points today..Yup it was ze'bounce!
Wish I can Short gold in the portfolio but now that would be getting too greedy wouldn't it?

The All-Worst stock I thought would recover because it was paying dividends.It was a housing,loan bank stock and it was the wrong time to get in.It didn't wean off dividends and reduced it or at least I would have sold it off.Ran it all the way from $7.25 to .02 cents

The stock is talking to me.."This is my .02 cents what I think about you when you didn't sell say at $6.75 and who's the idiot now,running it to .02 ?!"

Old 02-01-2011, 06:09 PM #36
Mountain

Man CCME has been on a crazy ride. Forbes recently listed it as the #1 small-to-medium sized company in China with the greatest potential for growth and others say it is a total fraud...LOL. Anyway too much damage technically to even think about it at this point.

Action is really in the big caps lately like CAT, HAL, AA, DE, etc. AA is breaking out of an important year old base. Some saying it might be a takeover target by companies like RIO later this year as they, and a few others, are weak in aluminum in their portfolio. AA is in the process of starting up mothballed facilities and a general shift in steel to Al underway in things like autos etc. China is cutting back on Al With copper way up aluminum replacing it in some applications.

Anyway...today making up some damage from Friday but volume already tapering off. With all the major indices at MAJOR resistance levels should be interesting.

LULU making a nice move today so far but go go Alcoa

Quote:
I use the 25Ma-100ma instead of the 50ma-200ma..That's just me
Why? I stick with 20/50/200 simple for support/resistance and use the 10 for very short term stuff and bullish/bearish crossovers.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:26 PM #37
Mountain

For those enamored with AAPL the reason I see it as a bellwether for the market is if you compare an AAPL chart to that of the Nasdaq Composite (COMP) they are almost identical. Right now as AAPL goes so goes the Nasdaq and vice versa.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:10 PM #38
TNTBudSticker

25Ma-100ma is just a shorter duration between stock moves.. the 200ma is a long time and by that time it passes that mark,one may have been in it at the 100ma mark anyways.

Glad aluminum -AA is turning around because I added CENX back in 12/23/09 at $15.87 and AA at $12.93 and still down .40 in CENX but up ahead 5 ponies in AA.

One of the things I do when I get a stock and it goes down...I'll buy another stock in the same sector a few months later,this is what I did with Aluminum stocks AA and CENX instead of buying down when stocks get cheaper if the market takes a hit.Like buying CENX all the way down till one runs out of cash and waits.

CENX I'm letting go and keep AA... CENX too scary with minus earnings still.It may improve but I rather relax and Run with AA.

I'm looking at WEN-Wendy...Seems something is'a happening with this boy.I'll keep watching it

Old 02-01-2011, 07:34 PM #39
Mountain

Those are unconventional MA's you're using. I follow stocks that have strong institutional support and are highly rated for things like Relative Strength, Return On Equity, low debt levels, sector leaders, strong fundamentals, etc. but rely on technical analysis for entries/exits. For these stocks usually the 20 and 50's are important as that's what institutions follow. Virtually nothing is anywhere near their 200 right now...lol.

While WEN's chart definitely has turned around the overall rating for the stock sucks and CENX is not very good either. I stay away from the dogs. Also with something like Wendy's considering the competition and it's such a huge company not much chance of significant movement in the stock because the company can't really do much in regards to expansion, new products, increasing market share, etc.

I've been a fan of Investors Business Daily for years and generally follow their information on stocks and what's happening in the general market. Their website is pretty good and their stock checkup feature gives a quick snapshot of the underlying fundamentals.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 PM #40
Madrus Rose
post 69

here's CENX corp using the 25/100ma instead of the 50/200ma & threw in the Bollinger Bands as well ...
it bounced there off the 100ma & simultaneous touch on the oversold 30RSI @ $14 .

Now the 25ma (blue line) is offering resisistance ...was very oversold near
term @$14 as the CCI showed underneath which usually leads & reflects
the RSI by a little .

CENX was downgraded jan 14th & took its hit here's one article looking
ahead in the aluminum sector
Aluminum Industry Faces Lofty Expectations in 2011
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/Alumin....html?x=0&.v=1