What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harborside San Jose---CLOSED

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Well looks like the cowboys, are moving up north. I hope we dont see a trend of shutdowns... I have a feeling these next two years. are going to be very scary my friends. Keep your head up, and your ears higher. These people cant control us, who we are, and what we are. it seems Every county ( for those of you, not from the states, a county is a clump of cities and or towns like state or province lines.) has developed a new war on drugs. Instead of state ran, its now county ran. and unfortunately has given tools to the Local government, by our federal government to implement it.... They ( law enforcement) will only win the fight. Not the battle.

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How do they know they were going to be raided. Did the police give them a certain amount of time to close?

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Some San Jose pot clubs shut down in protest of aggressive police raids

Some San Jose pot clubs shut down in protest of aggressive police raids

How do they know they were going to be raided. Did the police give them a certain amount of time to close?

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_16568035

im not too sure, but a quick google shows me this.. from just 20 minutes ago. Holy crap, looks worse.... Clubs dont just SHUT DOWN. Something happen, between the lines, something is not being said... I Will be reading the news to find out any new info.

Medical marijuana activists pleaded Tuesday for San Jose leaders to stop drug raids they say have sent a jolt of fear through cannabis providers and patients alike.
Drug agents in recent weeks have raided three local medical marijuana providers. Several other collectives, including Harborside Health Center, one of the area's largest and best-established, have simply closed, fearing an imminent bust.
"How can you sit up there and take my rights away?" asked a tearful Aisha Alexander, 36, who told the City Council she uses marijuana to relieve breast cancer symptoms.
But city officials said they were powerless to act, noting that although some San Jose officers have participated in the raids, they were conducted by a county special enforcement team. The topic also wasn't on the council's agenda, which prohibited any action.
"This is not something over which we have any authority or jurisdiction," Mayor Chuck Reed told a crowd of dozens who spoke during an open-comment period at the end of the council's afternoon meeting.
Councilman Pierluigi Oliverio, who last year initiated an ongoing city process to consider limited zoning and taxation of medical marijuana providers, asked the city manager to gather additional information for the council.
The raids straddled a historic statewide vote last week in which Californians rejected an initiative to legalize recreational marijuana use. Voters in San Jose and several other cities

however, approved local measures to tax and regulate the drug.

In addition to the recent raids, South Bay narcotics agents also ran a sting operation dubbed Up in Smoke against medical marijuana delivery services, arresting almost two dozen suspects officials accused of "perverting" the state's medicinal marijuana law.
Santa Clara County Special Enforcement Team Commander Danielle Ayers defended the raids in an interview, saying the marijuana sellers were nothing more than profiteering drug peddlers and that their activities were drawing complaints. She noted the number of marijuana dispensaries has multiplied to 88 in the county, mostly in San Jose, in just two years.
"The county chiefs got together and told us, 'This is a huge problem in our community, there are 14, 15-year old kids buying marijuana,'" Ayers said. "The problem is that they are making money, and they are hiding it. There is money laundering going on.''
But the operators and employees of the medical marijuana collectives are in a panic, saying they're unsure of what local law enforcement wants from them and are worried that their industry is under attack.
"Everyone's shaking in their boots," said David Genovese, executive director of the San Jose Patients Group, which was raided Nov. 4. He is also a founding member of the Medicinal Cannabis Collectives Coalition, which promotes "sensible regulations" for providing medical marijuana.
Genovese acknowledged that there are some shady operators -- which he blames on city officials who've dragged their feet on regulations. But he said raids of those striving to operate within the law has left everyone fearful.
City zoning currently does not allow marijuana dispensaries. But Genovese noted that more than 78 percent of San Jose voters just approved Measure U, which called for a 10 percent tax on marijuana providers to help with the city's chronic money shortages.
The city council next month will continue its discussion of marijuana dispensary zoning.
"This is a modern witch-hunt to chase the 'green skinned" people out of town,'' said Dave Hodges, who founded the San Jose Cannabis Buyers Collective -- among the first of what are now dozens of dispensaries.
Harborside, one of the Bay area's best-funded, most high-profile dispensaries, left a message on its door saying "recent police raids of San Jose collectives, with no intervention of the City Council, lead us to believe we are not welcome in this community."
In recently unsealed affidavits attached to two of the raids, narcotics agents accused the dispensaries of selling pot for profit, violating state guidelines that medical marijuana be distributed only by non-profits.

In their investigation of Angel's Care, undercover agents who bought marijuana with such names as "Orange Kush'' and "Grapefruit Diesel" argued in court documents that the operation sold pot for street prices 12 or 13 times the cost of growing it.
"I believe that it is highly improbable Angel's Care Collective generated no profit from projected annual sales of $5,880,000, with a 75 percent markup on their marijuana,'' wrote agent Dean Ackemann.
The thousands of "members" -- Angel's Care reported 6,500 -- had no responsibilities or duties toward their cooperative/collective, documents said, other then the right to purchase pot.
Genovese, however, insists that his nonprofit San Jose Patients Group on the Alameda was no such place. He said his nine employees were terrorized by agents pointing guns in their faces, screaming at them and trashing the center.
Councilman Oliverio said he had "sympathy for the plight of medical cannabis clubs that are operating under the state law," and he questioned the agents' priorities.
"Law enforcement perspective overall is that they typically view these things as bad,'' Oliverio said. "Tell me how medical cannabis is worse than the epidemic of meth or alcoholism?''
Contact John Woolfolk at 408-975-9346.

Infobox1
Here are the South Bay medical marijuana providers that have been shut down by police or have closed voluntarily in recent weeks. All are in San Jose unless otherwise noted:
Angel's Care Collective (Santa Clara)
Harborside Health Center
Medi-Leaf
The Natural Herbal Pain Relief Center
New Age Healing Collective
San Jose Patients Group
The South Bay Healing Center

Last edited:

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Ya, this administration will quit raiding us. Bullshit!!!!

somoz

Veteran
Not sure, I assume HS has a pretty decent rapport with both san jose and oakland so I'm assuming someone from up top let them know how shit was about to shake down. I would also assume that it might have something to do with the recent elections going certain ways and people trying to make a statement in office......pulling out their dicks and trying to make a point and shut down the clubs.

There'll probably be more links coming into this thread.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems odd that this starts happening about the time it looks like Cooley's getting voted in....

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Unfortunatly, it will look like this will be a new trend. 19 failed and cooley takes office. Everyone thought 19 would ruin 215, when in hindsight it would have taken the aim off mmj and put it on recreational mj.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
are cops fucking braindead? i guess they are...ALL THIS DOES IS DRIVE UP PRICES! dont they realize that when they shut down STATE LEGAL dispensaires all they are doing is driving more cash into the black market...whereas san jose was collecting nice tax money from the clubs now they make nothing...

these fucking narcotics detectives all need to go kill themselves...police state for you...doesnt matter what the people want its all about the police and their funding...

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Unfortunatly, it will look like this will be a new trend. 19 failed and cooley takes office. Everyone thought 19 would ruin 215, when in hindsight it would have taken the aim off mmj and put it on recreational mj.

Bingo! something i did not want to say, Hey all you rec users, im voting yes to throw you guys under the bus now LOL

But its true, us sick people have been fighting for our meds, its now your time, for the non medical patients, to stick up for their rights! Because its easy to tire out Sick, confused people.... Heard um like cows. Much Luck San Jose! And bay area. I am in shock right now. This may be the beginning of the end.......

blaa.... Whatever. im puffn some meds. More. P.O.W. of our government!

SCF

Last edited:

monkey5

Veteran
are cops fucking braindead? i guess they are...ALL THIS DOES IS DRIVE UP PRICES! dont they realize that when they shut down STATE LEGAL dispensaires all they are doing is driving more cash into the black market...whereas san jose was collecting nice tax money from the clubs now they make nothing...

"these fucking narcotics detectives all need to go kill themselves...police state for you...doesnt matter what the people want its all about the police and their funding...
" TRUE THAT! You have that 100% right there! monkey5

Yes4Prop215

Veteran

dont fear monger....the state of cali will go up in riots if cooley tries to muscle us out of 215. they are going after san jose because its a traditionally conservative county... if he tries to invade oaksterdam or SF there will be mass protests in the streets...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
if cooley tries to muscle on oaksterdam, as much as i disliked Lees attempted takeover... i will take to the streets and get alot of people with me to do the same.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
dont fear monger....the state of cali will go up in riots if cooley tries to muscle us out of 215. they are going after san jose because its a traditionally conservative county... if he tries to invade oaksterdam or SF there will be mass protests in the streets...

what the 10th largest city in US isn't big enough for you? and 3rd largest i Cali

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose,_California

San José (pronounced /ˌsæn hoʊˈzeɪ/; meaning St. Joseph in Spanish) is the third-largest city in California, the tenth-largest in the United States, and the county seat of Santa Clara County. It is located at the southern end of San Francisco Bay. The San José/Silicon Valley area is a major component of the greater San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland Combined Statistical Area (CSA), a region of nearly 7.5 million people.
Once a small farming city, San José experienced rapid growth from the 1950s to the present. San Jose is now the largest city in the Bay Area in terms of population, land area, and industrial development. The California Department of Finance estimated the population at 1,023,083 as of January 1, 2010.[4][5]
San Jose was founded on November 29, 1777, as El Pueblo de San José de Guadalupe, the first town in the Spanish colony of Nueva California, which later became Alta California.[6] The city served as a farming community to support Spanish military installations at San Francisco and Monterey. When California gained statehood in 1850, San Jose served as its first capital.[7] After more than 150 years as an agricultural center, San Jose experienced increased demand for housing from soldiers and other veterans returning from World War II, as well as aggressive expansion during the 1950s and 1960s by annexing more land area. By the 1990s, San Jose's location within the booming local technology industry earned the city its nickname, Capital of Silicon Valley.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
if cooley tries to muscle on oaksterdam, as much as i disliked Lees attempted takeover... i will take to the streets and get alot of people with me to do the same.

hahaha. riots? protests? like they could give a shit about your stoner protests....you wont make the news. and if you do they will show the dirtest nastiest looking hippie out of the bunch and make it look like you are all homeless street urchins. fact is THEY have the power and can wield it anyway they please. its not fear mongering. its fucking fact bro. im just glad i sold my share in the dispensary because i dont want to be anywhere near that shit now that they are on the mmj hunt. just watch. this is only the beginning. steve cooley is just foaming at the mouth to get to work shutting down every dispensary. sure they cant get rid of 215. but they can make it so that no dispensary can operate. you guys didnt want 19. wanted to keep it underground. want to keep it away from the gov. well thats exactly what your going to get....

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is what a number of us were trying to get across in the pro-19 threads. The country's legislative sentiment has started the inevitable swing back to a more conservative view, driven jointly by the democrat's excesses of the last two years and subsequent reaction by the tea party and conservatives. The enforcement assholes take this as supporting their position, and it is probable that there will a trend of increased enforcement for some time to come. The laxity of the 215 system has been begging for some negative attention for a long time, and the stage is now set for it to happen. I fear that it will be a long time before we see the necessary components for legalization (public sentiment in adequate levels+someone to bankroll the proposition) happen again. :badday: