What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

Legalcdn

Diatomaceous earth..food grade.. i add to top of soil or coco. Kills bugs..punctures their skin..they drain insides and die.. good as silica supplement.. i also smear tanglefoot around lower stem so no crawling bugs climb the plant. I hate bugs in my space..

E

ESTERCHASER

I plant stinging nettles next to my fave ladies....have yet to have issues.......my experiance with bales of anything sold at a store is if its not stored in a pristine environment it will attract bugs to the bale!

E

ESTERCHASER

diffusers

diffusers

Didn’t even notice that till you pointed it out.lol. I kept the clear globes on I can’t imagine the clear globes restrict that much light 🤔

the globes you speak of are diffusers. i never put mine back on, ive seen light meter tests done with feit 100w 5000k w and without diffusers......THERES a signifigant differance!

I digress ive been bit bythose cattleprods lmao hornets hurt way more, im an arborist i know hornets

PCBuds

I've used that too.

I gave it to my cat when she had worms then put a layer on top of my soil to kill bugs.

I don't want to use it now because I don't want to kill my soil mites.
They've got an entire dead root system to eat. Lol

I feed them molasses too, to keep them and the springtails happy.

E

ESTERCHASER

im always in need of a reminder to stay away from the light!

lmao!
diom earth is truly a gift

PCBuds

..my experiance with bales of anything sold at a store is if its not stored in a pristine environment it will attract bugs to the bale!

And the bales were probably originally packaged with all kinds of living organisms.

They don't list those ingredients on the package. Lol

ScrogMonster

Veteran
picture.php

Delicious Black Sugar Rose and Barney’s Farm Peyote Cookies seedlings coming along nicely.
picture.php

Bottom Row group shot. BG BG Tangelo
picture.php

Top Row group shot. BG GG GG
picture.php

Tangelo is goin so hard. I love how neatly this strain stands so pretty.
picture.php

ScrogMonster

Veteran

PCBuds

Hey buds I think I missed the posts where you waterproofed that SIL... or did you? Haha. You crazy animal. If you did what’d You do it with? Silicone?

No, I never did get it waterproof and sealed up.

I did manage to get my fluorescent tube cleaned out but then broke it and realized this is frickin dangerous. Lol

So just now I tried to search for those protective tubes to cover fluorescent tubes but this is all I could come up with...

That's kind of steep for two feet of tubing so I'm going to surf through my local Walmart tomorrow and look for something that comes in a tall and skinny glass or plastic jar. Lol

Ideas are welcome.

PCBuds

I just realized that my local LCBO has lots of fancy bottles that might fit an LED strip.

Then I get to drink all that fancy booze so I can refill it with distilled water... Lol

E

ESTERCHASER

and just think of the light refraction with liquor bottles!
I went fuken nuts with those survival blankets that refract light , basicly they look like big pliable alum foil blankets. Ive actually got like a case of them and i use the stuff to line my walls in veg and flower

E

ESTERCHASER

you and argos pictures

you and argos pictures

View Image

Delicious Black Sugar Rose and Barney’s Farm Peyote Cookies seedlings coming along nicely.
View Image

Bottom Row group shot. BG BG Tangelo
View Image

Top Row group shot. BG GG GG
View Image

Tangelo is goin so hard. I love how neatly this strain stands so pretty.
View Image

Honestly, could those plants be any happier? i doubt it! well done gents! I wanna try that tangelo my bruve!

PCBuds

and just think of the light refraction with liquor bottles!
I went fuken nuts with those survival blankets that refract light , basicly they look like big pliable alum foil blankets. Ive actually got like a case of them and i use the stuff to line my walls in veg and flower

Apparently, a mirror is only 65% reflective and flat white can be over 90% reflective.

Silver reflective material can reflect and concentrate light on certain spots and burn your plant.

I use Panda film. It reflects smoothly and doesn't cost too much.

You can wipe it down easily, its easy to work with and doesn't conduct electricity.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I just realized that my local LCBO has lots of fancy bottles that might fit an LED strip.

Then I get to drink all that fancy booze so I can refill it with distilled water... Lol

yo
apparently behind most flat screen monitors, theres a fresnel lens. They use it to increase the backlight effect, or something. Maybe you could play around with that material if your looking for diy chip covers. I got the idea from this utube guy here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JrqH2oOTK4

Hookahhead

Thanks for sharing that chrono, now my wheels are spinning haha. I especially like end where he showed the brighter panel with multiple LED strips.

Latest posts

Latest posts