What's new

A Few Warehouse Shots | RB26

Sluicebox

Yea, couldn't agree more about the environmental factors. Thats definitely the biggest difference between how I do things. So there are a couple ways I mitigate CO/RH spikes at lights out. First, the fixtures ramp from 100% down to 50% over the last hour of the flowering cycle each day. This really helps lower the "shock" of turning all the lights off at once.

Secondly, each room actually does has an emergency 12" exhaust hooked up to a HEPA filter. The exhaust fan is linked to the controller, which has temperature and humidity stages. So if the RH was to rise over 70% at lights out for example, the exhaust would kick on for about 5 minutes to lower that. Other than that, there is no air exchange at all. So I guess the rooms are sort of a hybrid design between sealed/exchanged, but definitely lean more towards being completely sealed.

Emergency 12" exhaust is an excellent idea. Green Air Products has something that may work. From the looks of your build though, certain that you built your own better. I just had a 12" hose pop off my fan, room quickly hit 97F before I knew about it.

Those are some serious sub panels for an 8 or even 12 light room.

I love that sunrise, sunset feature on the Gavita master controllers. Curious if your running any of the Gavita Plasma in there as well?
I can't wait to see this one kick off. When I contacted Gavita Holland for my light plan they told me I'd need an insane amount of their fixtures in a 15x30 room. Including 1:1 DE to Plasma.

I'm no expert on PAR by any means nor am I knocking what you're doing. I thought personally that a light plan such as your's would be just fine with the DE's. I passed for the moment and went with BB vert.

Thanks again for sharing with us.

stucrew

So these rooms are sealed, each getting a 4-ton packaged Lennox units. The 12 light rooms will get 5-ton units. There is very minimal ducting on the room's interior. Just a large main grate sitting directly below the packaged unit and a cold air return on the opposite side of the room. Starting AC installs tomorrow so I'll try and grab some pictures.

Are you saying that your air exchange is only the cool air blowing in and cold air returning to a/c ?

guanito

Very tidy work RB.
I like that you're using BX cable - that part will get you past NYC code.
Not a big fan of drilling through joists but that ceiling is not a floor so I guess it's alright.
that's my $.02.
Looks great!
Learning a lot
Carry on!
++

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo RB, thanks for sharing, it's great to learn from the heads that know their shit.
Glad I found this build out!

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your input. What are the new LED fixtures that you are speaking of?

I'm not even certain they've got a brand name yet or not - they arrived the other day so I will double check.

Emergency 12" exhaust is an excellent idea. Green Air Products has something that may work. From the looks of your build though, certain that you built your own better. I just had a 12" hose pop off my fan, room quickly hit 97F before I knew about it.

Those are some serious sub panels for an 8 or even 12 light room.

I love that sunrise, sunset feature on the Gavita master controllers. Curious if your running any of the Gavita Plasma in there as well?
I can't wait to see this one kick off. When I contacted Gavita Holland for my light plan they told me I'd need an insane amount of their fixtures in a 15x30 room. Including 1:1 DE to Plasma.

I'm no expert on PAR by any means nor am I knocking what you're doing. I thought personally that a light plan such as your's would be just fine with the DE's. I passed for the moment and went with BB vert.

Thanks again for sharing with us.

There are three individual temperature failsafes built into each room, so I'm not worried about thing getting too hot at all. The exhaust is really just for humidity.

Those panels are not sub panels for the rooms. They are 480V and 240V main feeds connected to a 112KVA step-down transformer. The AC's are direct 480V packaged Lennox units so they feed right into the first panel. The power is then stepped down to the second panel (240V) which feeds individual subs @ 125A each for every room.

I am not running any plasmas. For a 15x30 room I'd probably use around (20) 1KW fixtures, give or take a few depending on if its all canopy or if there are isles. These 8 and 12 light rooms turn out 18 or 26 lbs respectively, every 90 days so yes, they work very well.

So these rooms are sealed, each getting a 4-ton packaged Lennox units. The 12 light rooms will get 5-ton units. There is very minimal ducting on the room's interior. Just a large main grate sitting directly below the packaged unit and a cold air return on the opposite side of the room. Starting AC installs tomorrow so I'll try and grab some pictures.

Are you saying that your air exchange is only the cool air blowing in and cold air returning to a/c ?

Yes, the rooms are sealed. There is no intake or exhaust besides an emergency to take out excess humidity.

Very tidy work RB.
I like that you're using BX cable - that part will get you past NYC code.
Not a big fan of drilling through joists but that ceiling is not a floor so I guess it's alright.
that's my $.02.
Looks great!
Learning a lot
Carry on!
++

Yo RB, thanks for sharing, it's great to learn from the heads that know their shit.
Glad I found this build out!

Thanks!

Last edited:

RB26

Vendor
Veteran

Wire pulled and power will be online tomorrow. Set the pads for the AC's and cut the spaces for registers and cold air return.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

guanito

looking sexy now.
electrical setup is outrageous.
can't wait to see the plumbing!
++

you doing anything w/240v, or is this all 120v?
the a/c's?

Tks!

Sluicebox

8KW rooms are 16x16 and 12KW rooms are 16x20.

So are those 4 rows of 2 lights in the 8K and 4 rows of 3 in the 12k? 4'x6' foot print each? 10' ceilings? Could you comment on the penetration of the canopy that you have observed running these? Wicked light plan, hats off to ya. 8k veg and 12k flower?

rjrom90

Hi RB26, very exciting to see such a high quality build and a fellow GT-R enthusiast!

Would it be possible for you to give us typical cost per square foot of these rooms including a/c and electrical?

I've been looking into pre-built rooms and came across pharmpods.com which are around $137.50 per sq/ft including a/c and electrical. Do you think the extra cost could be justified by the fact that they are ETL listed and vertically stackable?