What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Few Warehouse Shots | RB26

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Impressive space RB...good luck with it. I hope to see you fill the whole thing soon!

guanito

Hihi
Looks good, but why are you using lumber?
Steel studs would be easier, cheaper, etc.. no?
It just looks like too much work for me.
Where I live we are prohibited from using lumber for fire code reasons.
It's also easy to carry a stack of them at once. Easy to handle, Easy to cut, whatever.
Thanks.

...and plywood too! that's a definite no-no

q3corn

Hihi
Looks good, but why are you using lumber?
Steel studs would be easier, cheaper, etc.. no?
It just looks like too much work for me.
Where I live we are prohibited from using lumber for fire code reasons.
It's also easy to carry a stack of them at once. Easy to handle, Easy to cut, whatever.
Thanks.

...and plywood too! that's a definite no-no

http://www.reavesbuildings.com/why-wood

"While it sounds hard to believe, it’s absolutely true. Wood retains its structural strength at temperatures higher than 2000°F, while steel loses 80 percent of its strength at 1000°F. As it’s melting during a fire, steel bends and twists. According to many firefighters, it is extremely difficult and dangerous for them to stop a fire in a steel building and for people to escape. Firefighters often use the term running time, which is the amount of time they have to get everyone out of the building before the steel is too dangerous to work on."

Sluicebox

Nice! Sub'd. Those high wall rooms scream Gavita's. Hoping you show your systems to us, environmental etc. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

i,m with everyone else , awesome . can't wait

Last edited:
So there seems to be a lot of misconception about growing in warehouses. Mainly that if you grow on a large scale (which is relative), quality will suffer. Hopefully I can dispel some of those myths and answer a few questions in the process. Thanks for following.

View Image

Rudy_Hard-Clap128-small.gif

zeet

Veteran
http://www.reavesbuildings.com/why-wood

"While it sounds hard to believe, it’s absolutely true. Wood retains its structural strength at temperatures higher than 2000°F, while steel loses 80 percent of its strength at 1000°F. As it’s melting during a fire, steel bends and twists. According to many firefighters, it is extremely difficult and dangerous for them to stop a fire in a steel building and for people to escape. Firefighters often use the term running time, which is the amount of time they have to get everyone out of the building before the steel is too dangerous to work on."
This is also the reason fire fighters traditionally use wooden ladders.

Latest posts

Latest posts