What's new

A Few Warehouse Shots | RB26

DunHav`nFun

Fortune favors the prepared mind......Respect RB....Thanks for your time and efforts to document a new setup.....Looks like you`ve got plenty room for growth.....now.....

My old retired ass ain`t up on these new fangled DE fixtures and how they`re supposed to be mounted up high and fixed , not moveable so my questions are with the 8KW room you`ll be running only 31.25 watts per sq ft , but the 12KW rooms will be @ 37.5.....so....

Just curious as to how less is more these days with the new DE bulbs....I know your lab reports speak for themselves and I was/am curious as to how many watts per sq ft you`ve been running up till now with your GG`s and Banana pride and joy strains....anyways....

Wanted to stop in and show respect for a job well done , and lastly I think what you spoke of earlier about warehouse grows being more commercial quality and lower yielding is derived from not being able to control environment as well as a lot of smaller rooms built inside the warehouse run perpetually for consistent returns and product availability on a regular basis since environment`s more easily controlled in smaller areas regardless if the initial equipment costs more up front because return on investment far outweighs extra equipment costs.....regardless....

Still a lot of folks in medville wearin out big ass warehouse grows and harveyin every 3 months while hopin they got enough product to last till next chop in another 3 months.......Perpetual takes care of all that......aight...

Over here on my bucket waitin for Dans to hand me a bong of that damn glue......:moon:......On wit da show....

Peace.....DHF....:ying:....

Last edited:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Over here on my bucket waitin for Dans to hand me a bong of that damn glue............On wit da show....

Peace.....DHF........

:laughing: puffin & passin your way Fred !!! :smoke out:

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Forgive my ignorance, are you speaking of an older Skyline? Care to elaborate? I too like things that are fast and make noise.

Yeah, circa 1999-2002. Unfortunately they don't meet emissions standards in the USA so you can't import until they pass the 25 year old mark. Well, you can - but if the gov't finds it they'll take it and turn it into a coffee table sized cube. You can grab an R32 now though!

Fortune favors the prepared mind......Respect RB....Thanks for your time and efforts to document a new setup.....Looks like you`ve got plenty room for growth.....now.....

My old retired ass ain`t up on these new fangled DE fixtures and how they`re supposed to be mounted up high and fixed , not moveable so my questions are with the 8KW room you`ll be running only 31.25 watts per sq ft , but the 12KW rooms will be @ 37.5.....so....

Just curious as to how less is more these days with the new DE bulbs....I know your lab reports speak for themselves and I was/am curious as to how many watts per sq ft you`ve been running up till now with your GG`s and Banana pride and joy strains....anyways....

Wanted to stop in and show respect for a job well done , and lastly I think what you spoke of earlier about warehouse grows being more commercial quality and lower yielding is derived from not being able to control environment as well as a lot of smaller rooms built inside the warehouse run perpetually for consistent returns and product availability on a regular basis since environment`s more easily controlled in smaller areas regardless if the initial equipment costs more up front because return on investment far outweighs extra equipment costs.....regardless....

Still a lot of folks in medville wearin out big ass warehouse grows and harveyin every 3 months while hopin they got enough product to last till next chop in another 3 months.......Perpetual takes care of all that......aight...

Over here on my bucket waitin for Dans to hand me a bong of that damn glue......:moon:......On wit da show....

Peace.....DHF......

:laughing: puffin & passin your way Fred !!!

So with the DE fixtures, your watts/square foot calculations are a little off because there's some luxury work/move around space built into the footprint of the room. It is not all exclusively canopy space. So if you are talking canopy watts/sqft then its more in the 40-50 range, which for these new DE is still kind of overkill. But with the controllers I use, you can ramp them by a specific percentage from 50% through 115%, so its gives you a lot of flexibility with specific strains and their light requirements.

Honestly I'm fairly new to DE fixtures as well, but the results speak for themselves. Last run was 1GPW without sacrificing potency or terpene results. I also saved money on electricity since I never turned them above 75%. These next runs I will be using them at 100% and will let everyone know how that effects the results. Maintenance costs are also a big selling point, as the bulbs don't need to be replaced for 2-3 years.

I completely agree about the lack of a controlled environment. That's the number one thing I see people skimping on. In fact I just toured a warehouse with multiple 24 light rooms where the owner thought he was going to air cool everything with zero help from air conditioners. I've seen a huge variety of grows, some as big as 200,000 - 300,000 square feet (indoors). There seems to be a tipping point somewhere around 16-20 light rooms where quality starts to degrade as the size gets larger. It makes sense if you stop and think about it - so while the way I do things is definitely more expensive up front - its yielded the quality and consistency that people have come accustomed to.

Thanks for the questions :tiphat:

just saw the first pic on IG. gotta hop on this show.

This looks like where all the cool kids are hanging out!

killing it rb26....

BOSS MOVES, SALUTE, WE STAND WITH YOU MY FRIEND< SUCCESS IS A MUST.... BLESSINGS....

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see this unfold.

Thank you :tiphat:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whats your plans for AC & ventilation ? each room , or a big lung room ?

I know ..... wait & see ya impatient SOB !:biggrin:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Forgive my ignorance, are you speaking of an older Skyline? Care to elaborate? I too like things that are fast and make noise.

Yeah, circa 1999-2002. Unfortunately they don't meet emissions standards in the USA so you can't import until they pass the 25 year old mark. Well, you can - but if the gov't finds it they'll take it and turn it into a coffee table sized cube. You can grab an R32 now though!

What are you guys talking about? Care to enlighten me?

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Whats your plans for AC & ventilation ? each room , or a big lung room ?

I know ..... wait & see ya impatient SOB !:biggrin:

So these rooms are sealed, each getting a 4-ton packaged Lennox units. The 12 light rooms will get 5-ton units. There is very minimal ducting on the room's interior. Just a large main grate sitting directly below the packaged unit and a cold air return on the opposite side of the room. Starting AC installs tomorrow so I'll try and grab some pictures.

What are you guys talking about? Care to enlighten me?

Yeah ^^^ :tiphat:

Wow. Freaking awesome start to things. Hasn't heard the de bulbs last longer somehow. That seems strange. Good luck with the build, can't wait to see more!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
So these rooms are sealed, each getting a 4-ton packaged Lennox units. The 12 light rooms will get 5-ton units. There is very minimal ducting on the room's interior. Just a large main grate sitting directly below the packaged unit and a cold air return on the opposite side of the room. Starting AC installs tomorrow so I'll try and grab some pictures.

What are your thoughts on LED technology as it stands now for commercial applications? Black Dog LED put together a case study using SE and DE HPS lighting against their LEDs and really broke it down numbers wise on ROI, and cooling savings. I went through and read all the material last night and was really interested in the whole write up. https://commercialgrowlights.com/ What are your thoughts?

DunHav`nFun

The biggest and most beneficial reasons for running smaller more easily environmentally controlled rooms is pest management first and foremost cuz if caught they can be isolated instead of losing 200000 sq ft of nugs to broadmites /root aphids etc....

Back in the day when Cali went wild wild west , all my left coast old heads that were on point to go legal as caregivers went straight warehouse megawattage big plant grows , and until I talked em into running perpetual in monocropped smaller fliprooms they were used to the fact that a certain percentage of the crop and I mean EVERY crop would be lost to critters , powdery mildew and botyritis /greymold budrot.....that said...

Once total environmental control was implemented with air exchange twice per minute using leftover warehouse space outside all the rooms as lung area, they introduced CO2 with tanks on controllers along with bigass central a/c units and commercial dehueys and pumped in perfect environment and sucked out used air to be remixed and reused constantly , and ALL limiting factors causing crop loss went away completely.....now....

The number 2 critical factor with bigger rooms and more plants is dumping all excess RH and CO2 the plants didn`t use during lights on when the lights go out....what they came up with when running sealed rooms instead of air exchange twice per minute was to openly exhaust during lights out due to the huge spikes in CO2 levels and RH....regardless....

You most likely won`t/don`t have this problem so much in CO with remarkably low RH readings yr round , but constant air movement above and below the plants 24/7 is a big plus during late bloomage to prevent airborn nasties from taking hold....just putting it out there for the folks to read RB....not trying to tell you what to do by any means....especially since you agree on environment first and foremost .....btw....

How do you ramp up RH in veg and through end of stretch to maintain that 70-75 percentile for optimal growth ....aight....nuff outta my old ass today , I`m absolutely in awe of how clean and laboratory like shit looks like up till now...attention to detail shines thru.....again .....Respect....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
What are your thoughts on LED technology as it stands now for commercial applications? Black Dog LED put together a case study using SE and DE HPS lighting against their LEDs and really broke it down numbers wise on ROI, and cooling savings. I went through and read all the material last night and was really interested in the whole write up. https://commercialgrowlights.com/ What are your thoughts?

LED's have been on my radar for a while. Most of the readily available hydro shop models are garbage. I've heard mixed reviews about the BD brand but the consensus is that they're better than average. That study is missing a lot of key information though, like their actual yield numbers and more importantly, what the yields of the DE fixtures were prior to testing the BD. Not to mention they claim the fixture will outperform a 1KW DE Gavita, yet go on to use 12 LED's for every 10 Gavitas.

The main issue I'm seeing with the current high end LED's is not the yields, but the overall quality of the final product. I've been seeing 2.5lbs/light with LED's but the bud structure is so tight and dense it literally feels like a rock. It also has the tendency to make different strains look exactly the same, which is a problem as well.

Anyway in one of the rooms, I'll be testing out some new, very promising LED fixtures. They'll be going head to head with the DE Gavitas so it'll be interesting. If they succeed in terms of yield, overall quality, and potency/terpene results, then I will certainly start using more of them. Right now I'm on the fence as to whether I think they'll pan out, but we'll see.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
The biggest and most beneficial reasons for running smaller more easily environmentally controlled rooms is pest management first and foremost cuz if caught they can be isolated instead of losing 200000 sq ft of nugs to broadmites /root aphids etc....

Back in the day when Cali went wild wild west , all my left coast old heads that were on point to go legal as caregivers went straight warehouse megawattage big plant grows , and until I talked em into running perpetual in monocropped smaller fliprooms they were used to the fact that a certain percentage of the crop and I mean EVERY crop would be lost to critters , powdery mildew and botyritis /greymold budrot.....that said...

Once total environmental control was implemented with air exchange twice per minute using leftover warehouse space outside all the rooms as lung area, they introduced CO2 with tanks on controllers along with bigass central a/c units and commercial dehueys and pumped in perfect environment and sucked out used air to be remixed and reused constantly , and ALL limiting factors causing crop loss went away completely.....now....

The number 2 critical factor with bigger rooms and more plants is dumping all excess RH and CO2 the plants didn`t use during lights on when the lights go out....what they came up with when running sealed rooms instead of air exchange twice per minute was to openly exhaust during lights out due to the huge spikes in CO2 levels and RH....regardless....

You most likely won`t/don`t have this problem so much in CO with remarkably low RH readings yr round , but constant air movement above and below the plants 24/7 is a big plus during late bloomage to prevent airborn nasties from taking hold....just putting it out there for the folks to read RB....not trying to tell you what to do by any means....especially since you agree on environment first and foremost .....btw....

How do you ramp up RH in veg and through end of stretch to maintain that 70-75 percentile for optimal growth ....aight....nuff outta my old ass today , I`m absolutely in awe of how clean and laboratory like shit looks like up till now...attention to detail shines thru.....again .....Respect....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

Yea, couldn't agree more about the environmental factors. Thats definitely the biggest difference between how I do things. So there are a couple ways I mitigate CO/RH spikes at lights out. First, the fixtures ramp from 100% down to 50% over the last hour of the flowering cycle each day. This really helps lower the "shock" of turning all the lights off at once.

Secondly, each room actually does has an emergency 12" exhaust hooked up to a HEPA filter. The exhaust fan is linked to the controller, which has temperature and humidity stages. So if the RH was to rise over 70% at lights out for example, the exhaust would kick on for about 5 minutes to lower that. Other than that, there is no air exchange at all. So I guess the rooms are sort of a hybrid design between sealed/exchanged, but definitely lean more towards being completely sealed.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
LED's have been on my radar for a while. Most of the readily available hydro shop models are garbage. I've heard mixed reviews about the BD brand but the consensus is that they're better than average. That study is missing a lot of key information though, like their actual yield numbers and more importantly, what the yields of the DE fixtures were prior to testing the BD. Not to mention they claim the fixture will outperform a 1KW DE Gavita, yet go on to use 12 LED's for every 10 Gavitas.

The main issue I'm seeing with the current high end LED's is not the yields, but the overall quality of the final product. I've been seeing 2.5lbs/light with LED's but the bud structure is so tight and dense it literally feels like a rock. It also has the tendency to make different strains look exactly the same, which is a problem as well.

Anyway in one of the rooms, I'll be testing out some new, very promising LED fixtures. They'll be going head to head with the DE Gavitas so it'll be interesting. If they succeed in terms of yield, overall quality, and potency/terpene results, then I will certainly start using more of them. Right now I'm on the fence as to whether I think they'll pan out, but we'll see.

Thanks for your input. What are the new LED fixtures that you are speaking of?

Latest posts

Latest posts