What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have 70K to buy a car

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Or this.

2010_Ford_F-150_SVT_Raptor.jpg

N

Nondual

get an 86 Turbo Buick and SMASH ON JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING mentioned and have $55k left over.....
Krunch has got good taste. Those cars are awesome. I used to drive my friends modded '87 every now and then and oh my. The looks remind me of Darth Vader for some reason.

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
That "Turbo Buick", is called a Grand National.

And a 13.8 1/4 isn't really that fast. They also cost about 20-30k for one in good condition. Really more of a collector's item, than a daily driver.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Yeah, I remember when Nascar's top series was called Grand National. If I'm not mistaken, Late Model Sportsman was the Bush series and they actually ran V6s instead of V8s. I don't think they did it but one or two seasons. Something about gas being expensive or in short supply. Wasn't too long ago they had tire restrictions and teams were forced to run tires longer.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
That "Turbo Buick", is called a Grand National.

And a 13.8 1/4 isn't really that fast. They also cost about 20-30k for one in good condition. Really more of a collector's item, than a daily driver.

"Buick didn't like the fact that GM wanted the Corvette to be the "flag-ship" car of the company but they didn't want to get in trouble with rating the GN too much higher than the Corvette. The 86 Corvette was rated at 230 horsepower so Buick countered with 235 hp. They didn't want to go any higher because of the fact of them getting in trouble for making a car being so much more powerful than the Vette so they kept it at a minimum."

same with the 13.8 in the 1/4 mile.....

actual hp and 1/4 times are WAY different.....

with a simple boost controller and some street slicks, your in the very low 12's very easily, with a stock drivetrain.....

MY TWIN TURBO Turbo Buick.....

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Oh my gosh I forgot that
rolleyes.gif
and the plain Jane version is commonly referred to as a T-Type.

No the T-Type was made in 83, when there was no Grand National. The T-Type did not have a turbo.

In 84 they went back to the Grand National name, and started to use the turbo.

In 87 Buick introduced the fastest of the Grand Nationals, the GNX.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
or I would take 70k and buy 3 cars.

04 E55 AMG for 22k
08 Range Rover SC for 33k
00 Lexus SC 300 for 15k (Built into a sleeper with 700-800 rwhp)

Thats what i would do too...buying a car for 70k its going to be worth 40-50 next year. brand new is the easiest way to piss away money...but hey if you are doing that good here are some cars in that price range i like
2011-bmw-5-series-photos-162-e1313290631922.jpg

bmw 5 series
2011-Lexus-LX-570-1.jpg

lexus lx570
2010_ny_2011_mercedes_e_350_wagon_images_002.jpg

mercedes e series

i would get a new BMW m3 or m5. or the new E-class from mercedes. but those are flashy cars so not really smart to be driving around humbolt in. range rovers, escalades, big ass 3500 dodge rams, everytime i see one up in norcal i assume they are in the game somehow...

What i would do with 70k

2009 BMW 335xi coupe awd - 35k at my friends dealership..for the luxury ride weekend driver..
e92coupeimage.jpg

2005 GMC Sierra 4x4 -20k beat around truck for hauling the boat, etc
sierra.jpg

2006 Subaru legacy GT -15k AWD smuggler/getaway car. deck it out with geograbbers for rally racing the offroad trails up in norcal. lowkey because big gangster drug dealers dont drive subarus...30mpg for those long drives across northern california..
subaru-legacy.jpg

Last edited:

MJBadger

Veteran
Wait....

You have no idea what you want, and came to icmag to decide your next 70k car????

Are you fucking serious?

Never a truer word was said . Find someone local to give you some good advice or find a car that you like & take a test drive .

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i got a slightly used 89 honda hatch back for ya... even trade... -=]

ajc0k

I'd pick up a used E46 m3.. Throw some pss9 coilovers, some BBS LM's, or HRE's and full exhaust with S & X pipes.. Shit, you could buy a HPF turbo kit for it and have 500+ rwhp and still have 50k left saved and you've got yourself a dream track car for taking corners that'll destroy most cars on the road. Don't get an Audi, i hate
the feel personally.. Way too heavy for a track car, my dad has an s5. I had an old s4 too. E46 m3 FTW

autowerke_turbo_1.jpg

autowerke_turbo_3.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts