What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have 70K to buy a car

buy a 93 rx7 (10k), send the engine out to get rebuilt and ported(6k), buy a big ass single turbo kit (8k), and make it look nice with suspension, paint, etc (8k), what youre left with is a 4-500hp beast capable of embarrassing some VERY expensive cars, considering it only weighs 2700lbs and revs past 8k rpm

hazydreams

if you want a race car, the zo6 cant be beat. find one used with a couple k miles on it for under 70k. i got to drive one and i thought GM was irresponsible for selling these to podiatrist doctors in their late 40s. that car weighs in at around 3100 pounds and is pumping out 505 hp. its sickeningly fast. stops on a dime. and for the limited time i got to drive it i got to experience zero to 135mph and it was astonishing the amount of power. i have owned a 1000cc sport bike and its stupid fast as well, but the feeling of the corvette surging down the road knowing it weighs 3000 pounds and it just kept on accelerating like a fucking cruise missile. you will not spend your dollars better else where. i promise.

Bunz

Another vote for the ZO6

DSC_0413.jpg

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
interesting post in light of the other thread on how to retire early
first thing, back burner the 70k car and stash the cash
that ought to be a good start in the retirement plan

smartest reply yet.

..or buy silver.

-cap

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I hope you all realize you're encouraging 15 yr olds to come on the boards and post their ludicrous threads by answering this wingnut as if he were serious or even had 2 nickels to rub together, he hasn't come back to reply because his folks probably took his 'net' privileges away after catching him whippin' his skippy into his sisters panty drawer.......

in his OP here he claims that English is not his primary language and yet every single post I read of his seems to be grammatically flawless.

whats the score, not only are you a bullshit artist you're a lousy one at that.

Blaze215

lowkey because big gangster drug dealers dont drive subarus...30mpg for those long drives across northern california..
subaru-legacy.jpg
Yep, that's the one.

Then I would take what is left of the $70k and use a portion of it on a down payment for a rental and what's left to capitalize on the volatility in the market.

N

ninja bud

70k on a car is just a ridiculous waste of money. Cars were invented to eat your money. 70k car this year, next year the value will be less than half that. A car dealer told me b4 to always go for a used car because as soon as you leave the forecourt in you new bus youve just lost 10 grand.

jd4083

Veteran
buy a 93 rx7 (10k), send the engine out to get rebuilt and ported(6k), buy a big ass single turbo kit (8k), and make it look nice with suspension, paint, etc (8k), what youre left with is a 4-500hp beast capable of embarrassing some VERY expensive cars, considering it only weighs 2700lbs and revs past 8k rpm

....and at the end, its still an Rx7 :laughing:

N

Nondual

I hope you all realize you're encouraging 15 yr olds to come on the boards and post their ludicrous threads by answering this wingnut as if he were serious or even had 2 nickels to rub together
Heck I never took him seriously. I'm just glad Krunch posted that pic of his ride. I remember him talking about it like over a year ago and didn't realize it was a twin turbo. Those things are a beast when dialed in properly but with 2 turbos? Yikes!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
70k on a car is just a ridiculous waste of money. Cars were invented to eat your money. 70k car this year, next year the value will be less than half that. A car dealer told me b4 to always go for a used car because as soon as you leave the forecourt in you new bus youve just lost 10 grand.

true...and meanwhile if you buy 3 used cars with 70k the total value of those cars probably wouldnt lose as much as 1 new car...

my dad's friend bought the new M3 in 2009 he paid over 70k for it. now its book is 45k. 25k over 2 years he was paying over 1000 a month to drive that thing. not to mention insurance...

70k buy a nice car for half that and put the rest on a down payment for a rental property, and then when its paid off use the rental income as a car payment...

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
get a keia and put he rest in gold grams you will be able to get what ever car you want in two years or less your gold will double mabe tripple along with the price of crude oil when isreal attacks iran

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Hmmmmmm. I say take some of that $$$ and buy some seeds.That would be an investment for your future.The last thing I would blow that kind of $$ on is a vehicle.Who the F*^k actually feels the NEED to drive in a 70,000 vehicle??Did I miss something??? Am I still on ICMAG???

NOKUY

Veteran
an old rugged atv, a skidoo, and a backwoods cabin in alaska...what was the question again???

do-paint-camo-atv_-800x800.jpg

cabin1.jpg

SKI-DOO.jpg