What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I saw a Russian guy on Youtube build a wireless gun and could connect to his wifi up to 5k. lol

You can build a link up to 50km for about $300 relatively easy depending on orography. For <30km, for about $150 or less.

Is also cheap in terms of hardware to deploy your own outdoors wireless infrastructure, so that you can have remote sensors, valves or cameras linked over a wide outdoors area, anything you guys need just ask. On such remote locations should be a bless to deploy, as radio spectrum should be spotless!

MountainBudz said:
I too have this problem where I am located. I have no service period, always on WiFi at home and spotty service in the mountains and very rarely will I ever pick a bar up lol... People don't realize how rural and non-technological the Appalachia truly is. We are definitely in a world of our own, about 20 years or so behind everyone else in the world. But I wouldn't trade it for nothing. I love guerilla growing and it is the only thing that makes me feel right and free inside. Its all I know. We can't get cable where I am, can't get DSL, can't get shit. Lol.

Wow... that's my same exact goal, going rural and owning my small piece of land, like Tycho or you MountainBudz, glad you achieved it!

Tychomonolyth said:
A buddy just bought a hobby farm so I gave him 10 plants as a home warming gift. We dug 3x3 holes and mixed up some soil for them. We planted them behind a 100 year old chicken coop (20x40) with south-east exposure, exactly where the manure pile used to be. You can dig a foot deep with your hands. 5 are offset enough to give them sun from sunup to sundown with zero shade. It's gonna be fun watching them max out in that spot.

That's really nice Tycho :yes: :tiphat: I also love the plant and want it to spread!

They are going to explode in that soil!!! Perfect placement!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That was very considerate of you Tycho. I love your passion for the plant. We are one of a kind in heart, of the same blood. We bleed green and we keep giving. I know the past few years have been hard for me, tons of personal issues had taken hold and chained me down. I broke free finally and have moved on, I am paying all my debts and returning a shit ton of favors every day.

Wow... that's my same exact goal, going rural and owning my small piece of land, like Tycho or you MountainBudz, glad you achieved it!

That's really nice Tycho :yes: :tiphat: I also love the plant and want it to spread!

They are going to explode in that soil!!! Perfect placement!

About 10 years ago I moved to the city with the kids after a divorce. That lasted one year then it was back to the country. Kids were ecstatic. Apart from my son setting fire to the ditch, it's been all good. lol

He's a childhood friend (50 years). One call and he's there no matter what. He's never grown a blade of grass, but he can move 100 pounds with one phone call. And fuck the war on drugs. Grow Lots! It should be a war on addictions like they have in Portugal. I know a couple people who were bent on opiods and kicked it with weed. I think it's criminal how the pharma establishment kept this miracle drug out of our and researchers hands.

Last edited:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I used to be extremely paranoid. I still done the guerilla game even so. I think the reason I was so paranoid when I first started growing for a few years is because most of my guerilla plots I had to be on the highway in a vehicle to access... Carrying huge amounts of plants. Over time I have worked hard and I have earned a new home and over a hundred acres of my own. Point is, I'm not on the road anymore having to drive... I can access almost any part of my county from my backyard via ATV or foot, a vehicle isn't required anymore. Although I have a couple plots outside of the county I am not constantly on the road anymore. I have been thru traffic stops while hauling plants, ran out of gas, been passed by the popo while their lights was on with a SUV full of one foot clones... However that night they were in route somewhere other than me.

The only thing anymore that gives me the rush is being out working my plots during the day when the Blackhawks pop up overhead. Sometimes you can't even hear them coming until they are so close you have to decide instantly where to take cover and hide. Some folks got busted a couple counties over last year by the KSP. They were out watering their crops in the broad daylight, mid day (which is the worse time when you have fly overs)... The chopper spotted them in the "patch" and seen the 4 wheelers. They got busted red handed with a large number of plants.

I do investigate the local and federal KY cannabis suppression programs. I know they don't put the birds in the air until between 8 and 9 am. I am always out those hours and start heading back around 9 or 10 the very lastest. Then they head back to base around 3 or 4. They have several birds at the post which all fly out around the state to designated areas. Then at the end of the day you sometimes see them flying formation back to their post. Then certain parts of the years you have more than the black Hawks. You have a lot of private contracted helis and planes as well. Also ground units and if they they are flying somewhere inaccessible by land (as they call the ground unit in when they spot patches) then they rappel down one by one and chop it up, throw it in a tarp, wrap it up and bundle it then pull it back into the chopper and away they go. If it is a large plot, they will sometimes set up surveillance cameras and even go as far as camping on the plot.

So basically I avoid them by working early morning, late evening and after dark. I have a very fucked up schedule and a lot of people think I am crazy staying up till 7am, but little do they know what kind of extreme work and hard ass labor I am going thru. Better they not know, for sure ;).

Paranoia will destroy your will to grow if you are a guerilla grower. I learned this the hard way. Anyone that needs any help getting past something or an issue with this devestating issue please feel free to PM me and I will go more in depth about this, how it screwed me up for more than 4 years and how now I have learned not to give a shit and pumping out plants like a fuckin conveyer belt at a 3 shift factory day and night.

:tiphat:

Yea I've been gone 15+ yrs from these Mtns . I'd got used to the big city way of living, around Chicago I never done anything but small outdoor stuff and large indoor grows while living there. It's hard getting used to no cell phone signal and feeling like you've came back in time 25yrs. I do use my compass on my iPhone in the Mtns . I was pretty young when I used to grow in these Mtns . I don't have a atv and my back and foot are in very bad shape I've gotta walk to do what I'm gonna do guerilla style/and some late nite car ride to a old bottom in a holler im putting some stuff. I've got some plots very close to home I'm putting some large containers for some fem plants. I'm very concerned about helicopters, I have some fear of thieves or snitches that see your shit and call the law. I'm not gonna put more than one plant every 10-20ft or so In my container area. I might put some around the edges in 5-10gal pots I can move if needed. Right now I'm dealing with small plants/seedlings trying to get them outside and keep the rain from washing them off:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok guys I've got a nice spot to put a few guerilla plants BUT....there's a pole light pretty close to this plot. It's a pole light from the electric company so it's a good bright ass one. I could pile some brush up on the side the light would shine towards.... I know the answer but do you guys think I could get a plant to flower around this light??? I know there's a lot of factors that you need to see to determine but it's a very easy place to plant. If it wasn't so easy to put a few plants here I'd prolly back out. I'm considering piling the brush up and going on the hillside at nite to see exactly the amount of lite that would shine on the plants.....maybe I can move the plants a lil farther away from the lite??? It's on a hillside and there's only so much I can do, it gets pretty steep the farther away from the lite so....maybe give it a try ??????

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
^ I have seen plants fail to flower due to road lights.

Yea I'm not sure how far away from the light exposure I can get the plants. I'm gonna have to go to the plot after dark to see how much lite is there. I might have to scratch this area/plot off and find another

green404

Yea I'm not sure how far away from the light exposure I can get the plants. I'm gonna have to go to the plot after dark to see how much lite is there. I might have to scratch this area/plot off and find another

Not sure how far.
I know of a couple of people here in Colorado that finally could grow in their yard legally. Only to find out the street lights made it so they can't get flowers. Painful..

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Not sure how far.
I know of a couple of people here in Colorado that finally could grow in their yard legally. Only to find out the street lights made it so they can't get flowers. Painful..

Yea I didn't realize how bright that SOB was until I was thinking of putting some plants behind a brush pile. I've got more spots I'm probably gonna x this spot off.

'Boogieman'

Might sound crazy, shoot the lights out they might fix it but after awhile they give up. Blame the neighbor kids they will believe it I dont even grow in my yard but after a few blasts now my backyard is finally dark at night.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Reminds me of Ecuador. Sitting on the deck watching the sun go down on the ocean. It's almost like someone flipping a switch. Blink... and it's lights out. It's a little disconcerting the first time you see the sun go down that fast.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Ah.... Finally got the first warm summer rain. Living in Canada, the first summer rains are usually cold as shit and the garden tenses up and it takes a week for the plants to recover. It's early but it was a warm rain with hot sunny periods. Plants should start hauling ass now.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Lol it's so hot and muggy in these old dense hills, we got a lil cool air today around 80 and down in the 50 in the nites this week. Bbbbrrrr lol , all joking aside when it gets down in the 50s at night it's kinda cool especially last nite and early this morning. Where it's so hot and humid during the day any cool air feels good. We've got these pop up showers almost every day....I've been having to cover my small plants to keep them from getting over watered

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well my plants are just a few wks old from seeds....but I use America Pride, Marine Cuisine, worm castings in my transplant mix. I couldn't get nothing started indoors/ young kids and things. And then I started to germ seeds and everything was too old. So after I got seeds I'm behind the 8 ball now. I've got about 50ish plants/seedlings 2-3wks old I just brought outside. I was able to start my seeds indoors under a fluro. But I couldn't start back in Feb, Mar like I wanted . But I use Fox Farm 3 part nutrients when it drys out and things need watered. But I supplement the soil pretty good. I use Mykos too, a lil Epsom salt, and fresh river sand that should have some N. If my buddy still has his horse I'll get some manure to put in my large containers when I do my next transplant

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Nice. Fresh manure can be really hot for young ones though. You're still good at this point with 2-3 weeks in your climate. By July 1 they'll rock the manure. They're very tasty to critters at that age. Do you cage? I don't and lost 10 plants clean cut so far (In my head I'm counting 10k. lol). I'm going out with hedge trimmers in the morning and caging the three I have in an experimental spot. Mykos is a must for me.

Last edited:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I've got everything caged up. I don't have manure mixed into anything at the moment. I might add some when I transplant again in a few wks. I've got a good starter mix at the moment that won't be to hot. I'm not really sure if he's got any manure or not.... I may not use it I'm still debating. But yea I've got cages around everything I'm afraid a coon or possum might get into them. I pray I've got it locked down. I'm going get some moth balls and any kind of animal repellent I can find at walmart to spread around. I pee'd around the area and got rocks hold my cages down. It's a full-time job

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Now that everything's in the field, I feel dejected and unneeded. Does anyone else go through that? lol

Sure, I visit and bring along a care package, but it just ain't the same when they leave HQ.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Now that everything's in the field, I feel dejected and unneeded. Does anyone else go through that? lol

Sure, I visit and bring along a care package, but it just ain't the same when they leave HQ.

Old friend I need you to come south and help a old grower out. I've about killed myself this week lol....my back is killing me, I've got a bad leg I almost lost a few yrs back and it's hard. I've been away from the outdoor growing and got used to the indoor stuff. But it would be tough if I was 10yrs younger. These Mtns are rough on a man I'll tell ya. It's gonna be so rewarding to get a few nice plants this fall.....hopefully !!!:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Old friend I need you to come south and help a old grower out. I've about killed myself this week lol....my back is killing me, I've got a bad leg I almost lost a few yrs back and it's hard. I've been away from the outdoor growing and got used to the indoor stuff. But it would be tough if I was 10yrs younger. These Mtns are rough on a man I'll tell ya. It's gonna be so rewarding to get a few nice plants this fall.....hopefully !!!:tiphat:
lol. I can imagine. No really big hills here so I'm lucky.

I'm 60 and was blessed with good genes. Still, I woke up three months ago and as I was getting out of bed I heard and felt a "PoP" in my shoulder. I was worried it wouldn't get better in time for planting season because I couldn't lift a cup of coffee for a month. It's good now, but only because growing outdoor is like going to the gym. But the outdoor is my church so I don't need motivation to get out.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽

Once things get bigger, you will have your hands full if you want them full. There is still plenty to do up till harvest and then the trimming time comes in. It usually takes me around a month and a half plus to get my trimming done. That's just between me and one other person. We have a giant humidor we store the bud in and work on it as we go. Never had an issue with anything in a lot of years time.

Or you could be like me and just keep popping seeds weekly and planting all the way up till around the first week of August. I keep myself dropping plants in holes constantly. The big ones i put out first are very well taken care of. Then after all my main large trees are sit out I keep putting plants out until I run out of seed or clones. Then i take more cuttings and keep pushing. I don't even have my cuts taken off my mother yet. I need to do that tonight and get them started to root within the next few days. I like putting my clones out around the end of June.

:tiphat: