What's new

Official Results: 2008 IC Mag 420 Growers & Breeders Cup

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Sideshow-Bob said:
I thought that at first too... but is she that good? :chin: :wink:
Yeah, his mom is the plant that the grapefruit pheno leans toward...
Is she that good?
'That good" is pretty subjective, but imho the real chemdog properly grown could not have been beaten by that cut... So either soma has germed enough of his nycd seeds to have found an elite-er elite than the chem.. or he grew his mother exceptionally well, and the chem was not so well done.. or GHS did not have the real Chem, or found a good plant from seed that was from their chem line they are working on... as far as I can figure...
Not having been there and smoked the submitted samples, I can't really say as to the individual entries... That's why I'd like to see the score sheets...

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Grat3fulh3ad said:
Yeah, his mom is the plant that the grapefruit pheno leans toward...
Is she that good?
'That good" is pretty subjective, but imho the real chemdog properly grown could not have been beaten by that cut... So either soma has germed enough of his nycd seeds to have found an elite-er elite than the chem.. or he grew his mother exceptionally well, and the chem was not so well done.. or GHS did not have the real Chem, or found a good plant from seed that was from their chem line they are working on... as far as I can figure...
Not having been there and smoked the submitted samples, I can't really say as to the individual entries... That's why I'd like to see the score sheets...

Hmm i don't know the chemdog so no idea about that... i just know that the grapefruitpheno of nyc diesel (or even better: original diesel) is the best tasting herb i know... i love the sweet-gf-taste that stays in the mouth for minutes after the exhale...

but this isn't anything new... nyc diesel was entered a few times in different cups - and did not always win, that's why i thought this one must have been an especially good gf-pheno :wink:

anyways... looking forward to next year :joint: i gotta make it then :D

greetz

btw: does chemdog actually taste good? i thought it was like the chemical-fuelish part of part of sour-D , which is by far not the best what cannabis has to offer in aromas, in my humble opinion :wink:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
See you gotta do your best like GHS did when you have to listen people whine and bash your business for years...all they did for years was SHIT. Now things are changing I see...but still, last year that wet bubble was amateurish bullshit.

word

Its the real deal ChemD cut. I have it as well as many others. It needs to be passed around and fuck the horders. Its not that great BTW.

Rez states "Nice work sending it to them, douchebag" But yet was willing to sell to them as well? come on man!!! Rez you need the "Cheese Project" to be your next.

A cup is for all to share and sample each others goods, why does it get so competitive

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
For the record,Raskals cut is the top dog!!!
But I'm not getting involved...
But that cut is the fire hands down!!!

Take care all................................CC

R

Rood Spook

Get yourself a cooler...lay yourself low...

Its the same ol story same old song and dance my friends!!

Congratulations to ALL the winners,no bitterness here H3ad and I have quit the full life thank you......

JLP

Veteran
Right on guys,glad it turned out so good for everyone.

Congrats to Soma and Rez.

I didn't have enough weight to enter this year but I've got a whole year to get my act together for '09.

JLP

G

OK, since we broached the subject. I just love NYCD, and SOMA is an excellent grower, but there is absolutely no way that real Chemdog (or OG Kush for that matter) would lose to NYCD.

The buzz of Chem and OGK is so amazingly narcotic, and happy. No one in their right mind would be able to even think of another strain, while there was any Chem or OGK left in the sack. People go to unbelievably extreme lengths to get their hands on it. And if they cannot get it, they say sometimes say that they "Have" it, anyways. Trust me on this.

I assume that this would apply even more so to certain seed dealers, where money is concerned.

I am well aware that our Amerikan Code of Conduct does NOT allow us to have logical discourse without anger issues, vulgarity, and pure hostility coming to the fore, but: Chem and Rez are not the SOLE owners - the whole world over - the next galaxy, too, of the CHEMDOG Cut.

There is almost never complete sole proprietorship of a clone-only. Unless you made and you kept it...

With all due respect, and I mean that, there were others, way back when, who had the real Chem. Trust me on this, too.

I am sure you know the drill, REZ..... No one (almost ever) offers anything for elite cuts... They just Want it. Of course they do. Who wouldn't...?

The Icarus Complex hits the Seed Breeders... Pandemic expected....

E

ElectroSticky

icmag # 1 !!!

icmag # 1 !!!

:wave:

CONGRATS to all involved on that great event.... :jump:
Hope to see y'all there someday,,,, :muahaha:

:joint:

:ying:

Last edited:

tornado

REZDOG said:
Red,my friend,I like you,but please,RELAX.
Soma's a good friend of mine,there's never been a stress between us,ever.
ghs will always be chasing Reservoir's coat-tails,I don't give a phuck how much cake arjay banks,or how many awards sit in glass cases,that isn't how I keep score.
I've already made Chemdog seedlines available, with more Authentic Chemdog due before year's end. I didn't enter the Chemdog Clone to rep it,because I don't need to,the results already speak loud & clear for themselves.
I hope that's easy to understand.
Anybody can succeed in any business if you have a solid business plan and buckets of money,but innovating takes a special skill-set. arjay's a great businessman,but lacks innovation.

One Love,y'all! :smile:

you thinks soma enter something he grow it from seed. get a break man, ghs has clone to make chem dog and you is mad for it. the theory of authentic is also funny... are you official info point encyclopedie for cannabis genetic on the forum? soma enter his best plant he cut it from a clone plant. "arjay's a great businessman,but lacks innovation."
arjan i think it time you start grow weed on moon for be more innovation! :wave:
big rez you not go to get you prize.

congradulation for breeder of the year prize, stop pretend you knows everythink!

talk about innnovation and i asking everyone what is enter in the cup shanti ba ba? seems he always has reason for not enter any cup anywhere. :muahaha:

you all should pick a book by Tom Friedman 'The World Is Flat'
great read
Combine the cali clone revolution with a flat world and yes, heirloom genetics are worldwide at the drop of a hat.
NO one can stop the momentum, many will be thrilled, some will be angry, but in the end all of us will win because these lines spread and new keepers are found.

If a person is doing sound, reputable business, treats his/her customers right and provides outstanding service, then it doesn't matter who has what.

Everyone can have access to the same things, but the outcome will always be different, and we will truly see who has the skills, personality, and ethic to succeed and prosper in the end.

G

ograskal said:
I personally Never gave them anything.....Whatever Bubba they have is not from my Stock....~ogr

you send em to me i'll make sure they all get them :headbange

Pablo78

Congratulations to the Winner´s of these Event. It was a great experiance for me to meet the "goodfather´s" of Growing.

Please, can somebody tell me, what number for what strain it stay´s ???

I could not enjoy the Final of this Event.

Thx

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Fo real....LMAO......
Classic!

Only saying once,,,,you better have something badass for the sativa entry next year!!Would love to see a real sativa classification instaed of allowing Sour Diesel and the like of the Chen line into the sativa catagory..They are not sativas or even close....3 catagories would solve this properly...
Sativa.....up to 25%INDICA
Indica.....up to 25% sativa
Indi/Sativa.....anything beyond the 25% cutoff

This would give a fair shake to true sativas such as Zamal this year....
We all know what sativa looks like and we all know that the Sours/Chems/Kushes do not belong in a sativa catagory..

I realize this is the way the cups have been run for some time now but it doesn't make it right...
The IC cup could be the first to step up and have a true sativa class to be judged...

Just a thought.........................CC

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Capt. Crip said:
......Good ideas...
I 2nd that idea. Break them up into better defined catagories. WOW, Greenhouse won big That is a big surprise to me. I thought they were more hype than substance, well it appears that they have the goods and will sell them to you. :headbange

icysurfer said:
....The buzz of Chem and OGK is so amazingly narcotic, and happy. No one in their right mind would be able to even think of another strain,

Well a blind panel of judges thought different..... :muahaha: