What's new

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Looks like those stupid freebies Zkittles are hermies. Half my crop :| Not fun. Might try to move em somewhere else on the weekend and still flower them out. Was looking good but then got bamboozled by some arsehole breeder selling crap.
were the supposed to be fem ?

luvaduck

5C98E7A2-BBBE-4661-AED9-2C463CCCE99D.jpeg
Been a while since I contributed.
Pancakes f2 left, Paulos slipper kush centre, bubba on the right and front centre.
Pots outside the tent are Ethiopian, Panama and Colombian, in. no order.
I’m

Brother Nature

Why are we basically growing the same strains :D Like my gelato also, delicate but setting good flowers
Yeah, this particular cut I've got came from a friend and it's the hardest hitting body high I've had in as long as I can remember. I don't tend to find myself overly fond of the newer cookies-based strains, but this one is special. She's crazy loud (sweet, creamy, and dank) when dry and gives me the reddest eyes and most stupefying stone, not go out in public weed. Much better for a lazy night in with lots of munchies, also excellent if you're having any body aches and such. Last run I didn't do her justice, the grow was much too cold, but this one's coming out alright.

Gelato - Day 21
full

The zkittles are two very different girls, 2's not recovered well from some early ph issues, but the other's been super vigorous.

zkittles pheno 2 - day 21
full
Zkittles 1 - day 21
full

StickyBandit

Speaking of cake strains....
I know it's been chopped for about a month now but I really can't overstate how good the Rainbowcake from Phenofinder Seeds is! If you want a keeper this is it!
Excellent strong ~25% THC happy buzz, great aroma, no hangover, lasts well, easy to grow, no hermies, good yields and rock hard nugs. It just ticks all the boxes! Makes everyone an expert grower too
My family have many strains to choose from but prefer this 4-5 x a day :p they don't even want to alternate, and I have some excellent alternative strains in jars and cobbs to choose from
I didn't expect much and just planted as a filler but it's on permanent rotation now
It will be interesting to see if the Golfball can compete. It's been a long time since we had it

RBCake.JPG RBCake1.JPG RBCake2.JPG

Last edited:

rod58

It seems that the older i get the more i have to do ! I've missed growing like the years past but still have a little time for growing my own .. This one i believe is Candy Pie and is on it's second year . Still a way off but from last year i remember was a damn good puff !
DSCN3696.JPG

rod58

And this one .... well ..can't remember ! bought 2 fem seeds from Seedsman and they were advertised as one of the tallest indicas around ..up to 20ft . this one i planted very late and kept in a pot , but the other was in the ground and not planted until early december but is one of the best smokers i've had for years . seems i need to do a bit of research ! no pics though !
DSCN3689.JPG

Brother Nature

Good to see ya Rod, feels like it's been ages. Had a strange experience today that I feel only others on here may relate to. Have a mate I move stuff off to now and then and he popped around today after a while of non-contact. He's a fellow ex-US person as well, though still goes back home to visit a lot so has had a lot of the legal market influence over there. We're sitting and smoking and talking about what he and his misses are into these days, smoke wise. He prefers his indica body highs over the active sativa high's I prefer, so we're hitting up a Red Russian (white russian x PCK) I got as a freebee from a comp on this site. Start talking about it and he grabs his phone to look up the strain on some weed app. I politely explain that this isn't a strain that's going to be listed online as it's not something in the public domain. He then manages to find somethig with the same name, but not the same genetics, and starts judging what we're smoking on that review rather than what we're experiencing. I guess that's where the game is at now, but it's made me feel odd, for me I go off my experience, but it seems that's not good enough any more and people need to have some kind of collective experience. Cool that this is where the industry is at in terms of public consciousness, but still seems weird to me that you can judge a grow like you would an online purchase.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Good to see ya Rod, feels like it's been ages. Had a strange experience today that I feel only others on here may relate to. Have a mate I move stuff off to now and then and he popped around today after a while of non-contact. He's a fellow ex-US person as well, though still goes back home to visit a lot so has had a lot of the legal market influence over there. We're sitting and smoking and talking about what he and his misses are into these days, smoke wise. He prefers his indica body highs over the active sativa high's I prefer, so we're hitting up a Red Russian (white russian x PCK) I got as a freebee from a comp on this site. Start talking about it and he grabs his phone to look up the strain on some weed app. I politely explain that this isn't a strain that's going to be listed online as it's not something in the public domain. He then manages to find somethig with the same name, but not the same genetics, and starts judging what we're smoking on that review rather than what we're experiencing. I guess that's where the game is at now, but it's made me feel odd, for me I go off my experience, but it seems that's not good enough any more and people need to have some kind of collective experience. Cool that this is where the industry is at in terms of public consciousness, but still seems weird to me that you can judge a grow like you would an online purchase.
well he wouldnt make a very good icmag user ,
the bulk of folks here im sure prefer facts and correct lineage to judge with/from ,
in fact we will go into battle over it , hahahaha ..
im not sure how someone could be happy with some fantasy over reality brother ,
but your friend seems to prefer it ,, lol ...

budsnblunts

Veteran
I hear people going off strain descriptions as though its gospel man.. from flowering times to traits of the plants. As if there is some sort of guarantee when you select the strain. As a grower I've learned there are thousands of ways to grow thousands of different things, oh and I also learned that everyone knows more then myself and they also know better. So they are willing to give out all the advice in the world. Sometimes about the strains you have grown and come to know so well.. people are funny aye.

Bunga11

Bit of an update again. Been dry the last 5 days so that’s been good, hopefully the next month or so can stay that way. Decided to start going through and thin bottom half of the patch to open up air flow and had snails hiding in there so help get rid of them too hopefully.
E4E6BC50-8898-43BF-902F-8BFDF4CED8E0.jpeg

Attachments

• DC9200DD-B7AF-4A6A-88D0-277C29D8D9B9.jpeg
    DC9200DD-B7AF-4A6A-88D0-277C29D8D9B9.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 03B52F68-0BDC-4ED9-B21C-D6CD4B859DE8.jpeg
    03B52F68-0BDC-4ED9-B21C-D6CD4B859DE8.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
  • 0C6E5839-63BC-49E9-9E36-EA211875E7F0.png
    0C6E5839-63BC-49E9-9E36-EA211875E7F0.png
    12.7 MB · Views: 37

Bunga11

They are starting to look frosty bunga, how much longer do you want to be able to run them? I'm about to chop a few. View attachment 18826802 View attachment 18826803
Looking really nice mate!!! Think I’m going to start chopping a few this week but there’s some I’d like to go another 2 or 3 weeks weather permitting. I’m actually just excited for next season and some good genetics instead of the hermie bag seed haha

budsnblunts

Veteran
Looking really nice mate!!! Think I’m going to start chopping a few this week but there’s some I’d like to go another 2 or 3 weeks weather permitting. I’m actually just excited for next season and some good genetics instead of the hermie bag seed haha
Man I know that next year feeling bro.. I can't wait either..
Good stuff pumpkin wondering how yours are getting on.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Looks like you could give it a little longer. Is it actually going to seed?