What's new

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Lost a few bludsnblunts, not sure how many I pulled. Gonna get something out of it. Weather sucks now, all I want is two weeks of sun, but doesn't look like I will get much at all. We will find out. Going to seed that purple punch I pictured earlier though. Cross it with my blue dream, next grow I'll self the best candidate and back cross it to my blue dream.

Attachments

• PXL_20230403_054709602.jpg
    PXL_20230403_054709602.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 38

Bunga11

Looks like you could give it a little longer. Is it actually going to seed?
Yeah there’s about 6 plants there all up I think, but one of them has started going to seed so will probably chop it before rain on Friday. The others all look like they’ve got a while to go. I’d definitely do it differently next season as far as separating plants to know what’s what a bit better lol

Bunga11

Lost a few bludsnblunts, not sure how many I pulled. Gonna get something out of it. Weather sucks now, all I want is two weeks of sun, but doesn't look like I will get much at all. We will find out. Going to seed that purple punch I pictured earlier though. Cross it with my blue dream, next grow I'll self the best candidate and back cross it to my blue dream.
And bit of an embarrassing question but will all female flower eventually go to seed because it’s an annual or is it always from a pollination?

Pumpkin

Veteran
Always from pollinating. There are no embarrassing questions! Without male pollen hitting a female pistils there can be no baby/seed. male pollen can come from a sneaky hermi or male, but no balls, no pollen, no seed. If you have anymore questions just ask man. There is no question too stupid, as we all had to learn this and didn't know at some point.

The longer you leave a plant past ripe, the more likely they might throw a few bananas (male pods hidden in the buds) as a last ditch effort, but a strong female will not regardless. It's not something to worry about though, as normally it is too little too late. The female is normally past menapause by then.

Last edited:

Bunga11

Always from pollinating. There are no embarrassing questions! Without male pollen hitting a female pistils there can be no baby/seed. male pollen can come from a sneaky hermi or male, but no balls, no pollen, no seed. If you have anymore questions just ask man. There is no question too stupid, as we all had to learn this and didn't know at some point.

The longer you leave a plant past ripe, the more likely they might throw a few bananas (male pods hidden in the buds) as a last ditch effort, but a strong female will not regardless. It's not something to worry about though, as normally it is too little too late. The female is normally past menapause by then.
Ok thanks mate really appreciate that. I’ve always ended up with a few seeds in my stuff I’ve grown over the years but makes sense now. Vicious cycle really, find seeds in buds and plant them again and you’re just helping that hermie go on and on for ever. Just wish I’d worked all this out years ago haha

Pumpkin

Veteran
For me, I deliberately turned a known strong female (the seed I normally grow) to produce male flowers using the STS method. I will transport that pollen to my selected female to deliberately pollinate. As I know they are both originally true breeding females, the seeds from this cross will be also all female.

Your seed from your hermies you need to throw out and not share. If the Hermie pollinated another Hermie, all offspring will be Hermie, if your Hermie pollinated a true breeding female half the offspring will be Hermie (this might be a simplification, but good enough). Never grow them again as you will just breed in the trait. Unless you like being horribly disappointed.

Last edited:

Pumpkin

Veteran
If you are unsure about when to harvest or other questions, just post a picture. Looks too soon from what I have seen so far.

Bunga11

For me, I deliberately turned a known strong female (the seed I normally grow) to a male using the STS method. I will transport that pollen to my selected female to deliberately pollinate. As I know they are both originally true breeding females, the seeds from this cross will be also all female.

Your seed from your hermies you need to throw out and not share. If the Hermie pollinated another Hermie, all offspring will be Hermie, if your Hermie pollinated a true breeding female half the offspring will be Hermie (this might be a simplification, but good enough). Never grow them again as you will just breed in the trait. Unless you like being horribly disappointed.
Yeah ok that all makes sense thanks mate, that was the plan to get rid of all the seed that I have. Big plans for next year for the same little patch but see how it turns out. I’ve got some of Walleys Z stuff that I’m really looking forward to trying. It’s going good in the tent but keen to have a go outdoors.

Some Z99 and Chem D in the tent

Attachments

• 346E6CE3-09D2-4C80-99C7-B947151A3287.jpeg
    346E6CE3-09D2-4C80-99C7-B947151A3287.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 39

Pumpkin

Veteran
Yeah, this particular cut I've got came from a friend and it's the hardest hitting body high I've had in as long as I can remember. I don't tend to find myself overly fond of the newer cookies-based strains, but this one is special. She's crazy loud (sweet, creamy, and dank) when dry and gives me the reddest eyes and most stupefying stone, not go out in public weed. Much better for a lazy night in with lots of munchies, also excellent if you're having any body aches and such. Last run I didn't do her justice, the grow was much too cold, but this one's coming out alright.

Gelato - Day 21
full

The zkittles are two very different girls, 2's not recovered well from some early ph issues, but the other's been super vigorous.

zkittles pheno 2 - day 21
full
Zkittles 1 - day 21
full
We are at about the same stage, will share my zkittles and gelato photos to compare. My zkittles looks similar but my gelato is different

Bunga11

If you are unsure about when to harvest or other questions, just post a picture. Looks too soon from what I have seen so far.
Yeah no worries thanks, might take some pics in the morning, just not sure weather to risk it going to seed any more

Pumpkin

Veteran
Some STS results, full of balls, but not dropping much pollen yet. I got it in a tent to try to prevent it spreading pollen, and a cage for possums
PXL_20230403_013901557.jpg

Pumpkin

Veteran
Yeah no worries thanks, might take some pics in the morning, just not sure weather to risk it going to seed any more
Would you rather tiny seeds you can't remove, or mature seeds that are easy to find? When you squeeze the buds do they feel full of seed? If I had only a few seeds in it, I'd probs just wait.

Bunga11

Would you rather tiny seeds you can't remove, or mature seeds that are easy to find? When you squeeze the buds do they feel full of seed? If I had only a few seeds in it, I'd probs just wait.
Year definitely easy to find seeds I think lol. It’s at a few different stages I think but took a pic of a bit of a sample one i trimmed tonight

Attachments

• 4B4420B7-B3EC-43A3-8ADC-2457EAF9301A.jpeg
    4B4420B7-B3EC-43A3-8ADC-2457EAF9301A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41

rod58

Good to see ya Rod, feels like it's been ages. Had a strange experience today that I feel only others on here may relate to. Have a mate I move stuff off to now and then and he popped around today after a while of non-contact. He's a fellow ex-US person as well, though still goes back home to visit a lot so has had a lot of the legal market influence over there. We're sitting and smoking and talking about what he and his misses are into these days, smoke wise. He prefers his indica body highs over the active sativa high's I prefer, so we're hitting up a Red Russian (white russian x PCK) I got as a freebee from a comp on this site. Start talking about it and he grabs his phone to look up the strain on some weed app. I politely explain that this isn't a strain that's going to be listed online as it's not something in the public domain. He then manages to find somethig with the same name, but not the same genetics, and starts judging what we're smoking on that review rather than what we're experiencing. I guess that's where the game is at now, but it's made me feel odd, for me I go off my experience, but it seems that's not good enough any more and people need to have some kind of collective experience. Cool that this is where the industry is at in terms of public consciousness, but still seems weird to me that you can judge a grow like you would an online purchase.
hahaha , that's because it has been ages brother !! a lots been going on here and its taken a while to . well , get my shit together . i'm a bit sorry i left my old place where it was very remote to here where i'm living right on the edge of 400,000 hectares of national park and for every grower there's 10 out looking to rip ya !! hard to get my head around that one .. but ..
raining again and the mould , which i've never experienced before , is rampant so i think i'll just pick the late stuff and cut my losses

Brother Nature

It has been a terrible season for most in this part of the world, really feel for the outdoor guys. Shit about the rippers, I'm always more worried about those types than the cops for the most part, cops are at least predictable.

Nice ones pumpkin, I was pretty unimpressed with the zkittles for most of the grow, sort of looked at it as a trendy strain for people who review weed on leafly. But, they've really stacked and become frosty as in the last week or so, smells are very nice too. I have no clue if the gelato is a real representation of it, just what that cut has been called, either way I really enjoy it so hopefully I do her justice this time.

SHO774

Some STS results, full of balls, but not dropping much pollen yet. I got it in a tent to try to prevent it spreading pollen, and a cage for possums
View attachment 18826843
This was my first try using sts, only got roughly 10 seeds off each, I sprayed the whole plant though, i assume i was a bit heavy on the spray and there was a lack of pistils to catch pollen? gonna try again and just spray half the plant and keep an unsprayed plant next to it just in case? Keen on a reasonably large supply of seed if I ever lose the cuttings and not sure if people usually just spray one plant or not.

Pumpkin

Veteran
This was my first try using sts, only got roughly 10 seeds off each, I sprayed the whole plant though, i assume i was a bit heavy on the spray and there was a lack of pistils to catch pollen? gonna try again and just spray half the plant and keep an unsprayed plant next to it just in case? Keen on a reasonably large supply of seed if I ever lose the cuttings and not sure if people usually just spray one plant or not.
Yeah, you can just spray one branch if you want. It tends to be very effective and you get next to no female flowers if you get the dosage right and spray the whole plant. I'm trying to transplant the pollen to other plants and i don't want this plant to self anyway, so it's not an issue for me. My problem is it's taking forever to drop viable pollen, so i might lose my window to pollinate my favourites if it doesn't get a move on.

Last edited:

Pumpkin

Veteran
Speaking of cake strains....
I know it's been chopped for about a month now but I really can't overstate how good the Rainbowcake from Phenofinder Seeds is! If you want a keeper this is it!
Excellent strong ~25% THC happy buzz, great aroma, no hangover, lasts well, easy to grow, no hermies, good yields and rock hard nugs. It just ticks all the boxes! Makes everyone an expert grower too
My family have many strains to choose from but prefer this 4-5 x a day :p they don't even want to alternate, and I have some excellent alternative strains in jars and cobbs to choose from
I didn't expect much and just planted as a filler but it's on permanent rotation now
It will be interesting to see if the Golfball can compete. It's been a long time since we had it

View attachment 18823424 View attachment 18823425 View attachment 18823426
I'm going to have to order some of this!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts