What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica x Kali China feminized

Chi13

ICMag Donor
These will be harvested in the next few days. It was a pretty easy grow apart from the plants flying too close to the sun (tops got bleached by LED), and a magnesium deficiency I didn't get on top of. Organic indoor grow under LED. They smell divine.
ZamKC1.jpg
ZamKC2.jpg

terroirist

Hi @terroirist since your plant is still young and small and we are heading end of July, i would provide a feeding rich in nitrogen to help her get the biggest size possible before flowering starts.

The use of liquid fertilizers to boost growth and flower production is always a good thing, even when growing in the ground in a good soil. You will be able to correct better and faster any deficiency with liquid fertilizers than with late soil amends.
Hi Dubi,

Thanks for the tip and follow-up :) You read my mind actually that s exactly what I ve been thinking about those last few days and yesterday I decided to raise the feeding doses (I had not yet read your post !).

So I decided to feed her liquid weekly instead of bi-weekly and to raise the doses by 50 % until the end of the stretch (if I did 1 every 2 weeks before, now I would do 0.75 every week).
So I started today and I totally screwed it ! I was in a hurry and I overdosed it like crazy 😓 :
  • I was planning 3 ml / week for 4 weeks.
  • I dosed 20 ml today ( so fuck it, that s a lot of N, more than she will need maybe ? But here is that Nitro boost baby !!).
  • 20 ml is 0.6 g of N.
The fertiliser is organic, N is fish and beetroot + phosphate + K oxyde.

Is it fine ? It should boost her, right ?:hotbounce:devilish:... What do you guys think ? Is it enough ?

terroirist

Hi guys,

A little update on the lady :love:.
I was away for 5 days and I had given her that overfeeding before leaving but well she did not seem to mind...
She is moving along, growing smoothly. The yield is taking shape, I would need 2 more vegetative weeks and I should have decent laterals.
I don t want it to go over 1-1,5 meter high for stealth reasons anyway...
Upper laterals grow 3,5 cm / day, the lower ones rather 1,5 cm but they are soon going to pierce through the fan leaves, I hope it will boost them...
From tomorrow I ll be away for 12 days so today i ll set up a Blumat to provide enough water.

Have a good day guys.

Attachments

• 20230731_203930.jpg
    20230731_203930.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • 20230731_203713.jpg
    20230731_203713.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
  • 20230731_203622.jpg
    20230731_203622.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • 20230731_163232.jpg
    20230731_163232.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 60

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She looks great, progressing daily apace with excellent branching and super healthy color. She is definitely enjoying your feeding and outdoor conditions @terroirist :) Glad you feel excited about her, thanks for the update!

Congrats on your Z x KC harvest @Chi13 you deserve nothing but divine flowers ;)
Please, keep us updated with a smoke report!

terroirist

Hi guys,

One last update before I leave for about 10 days to the mountains.

I set up a Blumat system. The tank is 20 liters. It should do the trick for 10 days. Hopefully she won t be slowed down for her last vegetative push...

I did 2 biodynamic sprays over the last week and I just wanted to introduce you guys to this method which is esoteric so not so widely practiced but it exists and I love it so I ll just explain briefly ;)

Biodynamics focuses on revitalising / vitalising soils and plants.
It respects agronomy, it s certified organic. So it respects everything an organic farmer does, plus it adds an energetic, spiritual twist to it.
We think there are energies to be channelled properly, earth and cosmic energies mainly.
To channel them we use 2 main treatments :
  • The 500 : to revitalise the soil. It s cow manure put into a cow horn for 6 month underground ( trippy I know...).
  • The 501 : to enhance photosynthesis and link the plant to the cosmos ( o_O). It s micronised quartz put into a cow horn and underground too.

Both are dynamised/ stirred for 1 hour.

We also follow as much as possible a planetary calendar avoiding bad days...

So that s mainly it, I like spirituality so it has always spoken to me. To me it s a key to improving my link to the plants and to the earth, it s a trip !
It does not replace agronomy, good agronomy is essential, it only adds up to it, giving a plus I think.

Well, see you mid-August guys.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 20230802_122031.jpg
    20230802_122031.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
  • 20230802_102321.jpg
    20230802_102321.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • 20230802_102312.jpg
    20230802_102312.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • 20230802_102302.jpg
    20230802_102302.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • 20230802_121951.jpg
    20230802_121951.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • 20230802_114337.jpg
    20230802_114337.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
  • 20230802_114328.jpg
    20230802_114328.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
  • 20230802_114230.jpg
    20230802_114230.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I harvested mine about 8 days after my last post and pics.

I am hesitant about saying anything about a variety that I haven't cured properly, but I have to say that I have vaped some on about four occasions and this variety excites me. To call it a hash plant is kind of accurate but this is much more. The first time I vaped I had some amazing insights into a problem I had, an epiphany of sorts. This stuff just makes everything feel right. No negative feelings whatsoever. It is stimulating and energetic, yet deeply relaxing as well. One of the best indica/sativa hybrids I've had. It is pretty much perfect so far. I am moving into edibles and can't wait to try this as an edible.

It really makes me want to try Zamaldelica and Kali China separately to see what each brings to this fantastic cross. Thanks Dubi, amazing work.

terroirist

Hi guys,

A little update. After 10 days away I found them fine, I am happy although I wish they had grown a little more... But still happy !

I suspect they start lacking light, the exposure is not optimum and it will only get worse...

Attachments

• 20230813_103701.jpg
    20230813_103701.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59

terroirist

Hi again,

URGENT HELP NEEDED !!

I have decided to move her. It really sucks but that spot won t do it until end of October.
I should have planted her where I will move her tonight but for stealth reasons I tried the other spot, big mistake...
So anyway, I will move her tonight.

She is in soil, deeply rooted... not in a pot... It will be a big shock to her but it s the only way to harvest something...

So guys I need your advice before tonight if possible. I ll give my plan and give me your opinion or tips to transplant succesfully a soil rooted plant.

My plan :

• Take as big a rootball as possible.
  • Keep her well watered.
  • Shade her the first week during hot days.
  • I ll use trichoderma and mychhoriza to prevent root disease.
  • No fertilizer before I see new growth ??
  • Hormones ??
  • Additives ??

Any advice would be really appreciated ;)

Cheers.

Koondense

Veteran
I think you'll be fine with your plan.
Avoid root damage but there will be some, so trichoderma and mycos will help for sure. Maybe first watering add some rhizotonic/root juice...if you have some, otherwise not necessary.
Prep the soil good and transplant without excessive stress. Maybe apply some mulch for cooling the soil and you're good.
All the best

terroirist

I think you'll be fine with your plan.
Avoid root damage but there will be some, so trichoderma and mycos will help for sure. Maybe first watering add some rhizotonic/root juice...if you have some, otherwise not necessary.
Prep the soil good and transplant without excessive stress. Maybe apply some mulch for cooling the soil and you're good.
All the best
Thanks Koondense. I appreciate your help ;) I ll do my best.

I should do the transplant tomorrow evening 🙏

Cheers.

terroirist

Well guys,

After hesitating a lot, I have decided not to transplant her.

I have observed the sun curve over the last 2 days and I think I should have at least a little sun each afternoon until the end of October. The decrease will be gradual so I bet on the plants adapting their yield to light intensity. The yield will decrease but they should ripen fully I think.

Last time I cut roots like that was with a PanamaHaze to transplant her from a rectangular 20 l to a circular 40 l pot and I had verticilum and lost her, so I ll be cautious and cross my fingers !!

Thanks again for the help.

Cheers.

Consolidated

@terroirist Could you explain what the verticilum is ? I'm assuming some sort of root problem, but I've never heard of that before... I ask because I also have a clone with damage to the roots after transplanting .....

terroirist

@terroirist Could you explain what the verticilum is ? I'm assuming some sort of root problem, but I've never heard of that before... I ask because I also have a clone with damage to the roots after transplanting .....
Hi,

First of all I am no expert on this topic but as I had to fight it, I studied this bastard a litlle... I ll speak from memory, it dates back to 2017...

Well it is an harmful mushroom that attacks the roots and uses it as a pathway to contaminate the plant. It acts like Fusarium, both can attack cannabis. It is a generalist, it attacks hundreds of plants ! It destroys the plant from within, it s ugly, the xylem turns black. It goes up from the roots to the upper shoot and turns everything black and dead. Eventually your plant is black and dead from top to bottom, really ugly.

So the point is preventing the mushroom to penetrate the roots. Afterwards, it is chemical treatment only and I am not sure if it works well.

Prevention is key :
Trichoderma and mychorriza can reduce infection by 50 % (many studies available on researchgate).
Water properly, avoid soggy medium.
Use healthy medium.

I had trouble with forest soil. I had used pure forest soil in my pots ( I was careless...)... When I cut the roots to transplant it was open bar for the disease... I had another plant with the same soil but not transplanted and it went ill but much less and i could harvest.
The next year I used forest soil again but with tricho and mychortiza and all went fine...

I think it s more a disesase of living natural soils than of commercial soils. You may invite it when you use natural soil in your grows...

Hope it helps, cheers.

terroirist

Do you guys know who those little bastards are ?
I am open-minded with strangers but there are limits not to cross...!

Attachments

• 20230815_204441.jpg
    20230815_204441.jpg
    848.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230815_092530.jpg
    20230815_092530.jpg
    895.4 KB · Views: 83

terroirist

looks like the second nymph stage of Halyomorpha halys
Hi friend,

Thanks for the info. Well before I read your post I had not found anything on them, I could not name them but I saw that they were sucking the leaves so I decided to eradicate...

I did it manually, they were easy to capture and crush. They were 3 mm long and there were around 10 of them. It seems to be over.

They did not have time to settle down.

Flowering is starting but she is still stretching, everything is awesome ;)

Cheers.

terroirist

Hey friends,

Everything is going smoothly. Growth is beyond my expectations !!
She really wants to get big and I won t blame her.
Temps are really high lately, yesterday and today around 35°C but she does not seem to block herself, I did water copiously !!
She really likes that soil...

I am very happy with that stretch and at the same time surprised, I did not expect such branching for that strain, is that common with Z x KC ?

Thanks Dubi for creating such a beast... Do you see a specific pheno now ?

Cheers guys.

Attachments

• 20230819_170716.jpg
    20230819_170716.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
  • 20230819_170433.jpg
    20230819_170433.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
  • 20230819_130042.jpg
    20230819_130042.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230819_130640.jpg
    20230819_130640.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 20230819_130258.jpg
    20230819_130258.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 55
  • 20230819_104734.jpg
    20230819_104734.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 65

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Finally getting to sample some 3 month cured ZxKC. All I can say is the first thing I did was order another pack of these. This really is that delicious of a strain that it is going to become a continuous plant in my garden. A+++ dubi!👍
A5E71F94-C3DD-464F-843B-36FE9DB71F1E.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts