What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BAG SEED TEST GROW

stevr59

HEY GUYS I AM DOING A TEST RUN IN COCO WITH A MEXCIAN BAG SEED TO GET MY FEET WET HERE FEEL FREE TO TO TELL ME IF I AM SCERWING UP OR NOT OR ADD ANY HELP FULL TIPS AS I TEST RUN THIS. OK HERE THE RUN DOWN ON WHAT I AM DOING
ONE MEXICAN BAG SEEDS OF GOOD POTENCIES
CONTAINER IS A 6 OZ DIXIE CUP AND WILL LATER GO INTO A FLOGER COFFEECAN
PET STORE BRAND COCO FLUKERS REPIT BED
NUTES ARE FLORANOVA GROW
TAP WATER
PPM FOR STARTERS 240
PH 5.8
MAY PLACE OUT SIDE SINCE MY GROW BOX IS IN USE AT THIS TIME WITH A HYRDO GROW. HERE WHAT I DID I SOAKED THE BRINK FOR 2 HOURS IN WARM WATER THEN PLANted IT IN THE CONTAINERS AND FLUSHED IT THE FIRST RISE I HAD A PPM OF 295 AND RAN ABOUT 5 GALLON OR SO OF TAB WATER TILL I GOT IT DOWN TO 90 PPM THEN LET IT DRY FOR 2 DAYS THEN I PRE SOAK IT YESTERDAY WITH THE NUTE MIX AND THIS MOURNING I PLACED THE JIFFY PELLET
WITH IT TAP ROOT POKING OUT AND PLACED IN THE COCO. AND I GUESS TOMMORO I WILL FLOOD IT TILL I GET ABOUT 10% DRANEGES. I WILL POST PICS ON A WEEKLY BASIS
WEEK 1

week 2

week 3

week 4

Last edited:

Dalton

Hey what's up steve. looking good man:)
my only suggestion would be to start them out in somthing smaller. Like a beer cup or one of those little styrofoam cups. Other then that man it looks like your off to a good start. Good luck

stevr59

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT, BUT WHY WOULD IT BE BETTER TO PUT THEM IN BEER CUPS OF WHICH I HAD ONE READY WITH COCO, IN FACT I WILL TRY THAT AS SOON AS MY CLONES ROOT I GOT ANOUGH COCO LEFT TO FILL 4 6 OZ DIXIE CUPS, HELL IF IT WOULD BETTER IN THE DIXIE CUP I CAN STILL PULL IT OUT JUST PUT IN THE 1/2 GALLON THIS AFTER NOON

Dalton

hey steve, the plants just seem to like a gradual step-up in pot sizes. I don't have a scientific reason for this. I have heard others say this and I have noticed it myself. the growth will just be more vigorous. There's nothing wrong with how you have it. They just go quicker the other way. Good luck

stevr59

thanks man i was just reading that a few threads back so i am going to re pot it wile i got time and i was reading in that same thread they have been using plain tab water till the first true leafs appear so tomorrow i will feed em lightly plain tab water and see how she works out.

G

the plain tap water is a good idea, remember it's coco and has no nutes, so they will need mild nutes soon tho.

This is a 3 month old clone, rooted in a rapid rooter, veg'd, and now in flower in the same folgers pot in coco. She's now 43 inches from the top of the soil to the top of her tallest bud. Make sure you drill a lot of holes in the bottom for drainage. She'll finish in this same pot

184641inchestoptobottom.jpg

What you're maybe not keeping in mind is with that folgers tub, you may very well not have to transplant,you can go start to finish in the same pot. However, also be advised if you decide a transplant IS necessary, those folgers tubs can be a pain in the ass to deal with, I have been cutting them down 2 sides sometimes to remove a plant as stress-free as possible

Last edited:

stevr59

NOW THATS A SWEET BABY THERE. BUT I JUST PUT IT INTO THE DIXIE CUP TILL IT GET MORE ROOTS THEN TO THE FLOGERS CAN WHERE IT WILL STAY I CAN SEE WHERE IT WOULD BE A PAIN TO TRANSPLANT OUT OF. JUST TESTING IT FOR NOW ONCE I SEE THAT IT WORKS WELL I WILL GET SOME BETTER POT. OH AND I DID DRILL A LOT OF HOLES IN IT AND GOT THE BOTTOM LINED WITH SOME HYRDON

stevr59

ok she been in the Dixie cup for 4 days now and all the leafs are still bite green do i still keep watering with plain tab water? or should i start giving it a lil nutes at this point the coco was starting to get dry so i flooded it today with plain tab water till i had a lil runoff so far the baby leafs are still nice and green so i take it i keep on giving it plain tab for a bit longer but not sure.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Nice beginning man, as long the seedling is still a seedling with only the baby leaves showing, you do not need to water every day till run off. that only becomes needed when the plant is a bit bigger, with more roots. for the moment just give a dribble of water every 2 days, some rhizotonic or other root stimulator would be good. and very soon you should add a tiny amount of nutes too and then slowly work your way up with the nutes.

check out mojo's thread, for a lot of tips and info:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=48054

stevr59

today is th first week in coco and it looks to me like its stretching a lot. i keep it out side in full sun all day then bring it in at nite under 80 watts of flos. been feeding tab water just anouth to keep the coco moist, yesterday i gave it a lite does of flornova grow at 290 ppm an a ph of 5.8. now is it normal for a Mexican seed to do this or should i start giving it more nutes now.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
is it normal for a Mexican seed to do what? stretch? how much? can't say much without a pic of the plant in question. but don't worry if it stretches a bit, some strains do that. with full sunlight, it shouldn't be a problem.

stevr59

lol the pic is at the top of the page i am trying to keep all pics in once place, but it looks healthy could just be the strain, been a long time since i grew bag seeds but i will re post the pic here

stevr59

now its in its third week of growth let me know what you guys think the pic is in th first post. i am still feeding once to twice a day of 240 ppm 5.8 floranova grow nutes. lighting is 13hrs and 30 mins of full sun and 10 hrs of 80 watts flos if you look at the pics you will see the roots are growing good imo. now when should i transplant her to a 1/2 gallon pot?

stevr59

well its now wk 4 and it still going good just transplanted it this week to a 1/2 gallon pot let me know what yo guys think i posted a new pic above.

stevr59

well its now week 5 and all seems to be going well. i am watering twice a day with gh floranova grow and gh floraeious at 800 ppm 5.8 ph, and in full sun for 13 hours a day. got a new pic at the top of the page. let me know what you guy think am i using to high of a ppm or is 800 fine. and how the plant looking to you for a 5 week old ?

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I cannot see the pics in this thread....but that week 5 shot most recently uploaded to your gallery looks great :yes:

Don't worry...if you burn your plants in coco...you'll find out real fast :D The one pic in the gallery I looked at looks good to me

Latest posts

Latest posts