What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pot for Pennies! Southern Oregon 2019

HellaFella420

Veteran
:tiphat:Hi !

What an impressive job in few days ,
you' ll gonna do a great grow :dance013:

I wish you the best and take a seat here ,
eager to see the following .

:tiphat:

I didn't sweat very much luckily! But I have to give all the credit to my lil Sister and her buddy that were willing to cancel their summer plans to buckle down and help me pull this thing off!

Not to mention my landscaping guy, I sent him there on a road trip and he busted his ass in the hot sun for 2x ~16 hours days, it cost me too damn much, lol. But it HAD TO GET DONE NOW!

HellaFella420

Veteran
Very smart to be using amended native soil! When I was advising outdoor growers in the emerald triangle two decades ago, it was hard to convince them to do what you're doing. Not only will you harvest a more connoisseur product, but you'll have considerably less problems with pests than your neighbors.

People often think that 'organic' gardening is somehow more work, but that is just not true. In fact, good practices save huge amounts of needless labor.

I know quite a few growers in your area. My daughter works for someone around there who is not using your kinds of methods. She is my daughter, so she knows better, but it's not her grow. You're going to be very competitive there with your skills. The only person I know who grows that way is up in WA. I'd estimate you'll be pretty much top of the heap in the profit area if all goes well.

Yah! Were in a super old river valley so its already essentially an alluvial loam type soil, just need to break/loosen it up, add some soil structure with rice hulls and then a fertilization package, Steer & Chicken for longer term nutrition and Dr. Earth for a biology upgrade and quick dissolve. My biggest reason was the "Pot for Pennies" vs. blowing a shit-ton of $$ to get everything going. But so far I'm really liking how everything is shaping up!

HellaFella420

Veteran
Hey hey HellaFella ... great to see you back at work. Ive always been amazed by the amount of work you get done. Great of you to share your grow. I cleaned up some of the crazy berry post. Same guy been spamming the site for years. Anyways happy to see you here . Im sure this thread will get lots of attention . You have never failed show us how its done right !! Best of luck old friend :)

Thanks mang, Long time no see!

Been radio silence for a while after the dissolution of a loser partnership and now me finding my way with no one else to rely on but myself!

Been meaning to sit down and make a thread chronicling the the building of a fairly successful business from the ground up! But alas, the time I spend grinding just doesn't make it feasible to devote the energy :(

Hopefully I can keep current with this new endeavor, I'm hoping to document what goes on here for my own posterity and the entertainment of any thread participants!

I tried to read through that wackjob post, but goddam.... I just COULDN't, that shit was alllll over the place, lmao

HellaFella420

Veteran
By golly, That guy is crazier then a National Guard CH-47 Chinook flying low with no running lights at night, while undertaking operations over the "Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave."

OregonBorn

Several issues come to mind about your new farm op in Southern Oregon. One is MITES! They are everywhere now. Russet mites, spider mites and especially broad mites. The other is the amount of free pollen floating around from your neighbors, especially any hemp farmers. That stuff drifts for MILES. Also you are getting things going rather late season.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
if yall fellers need some help, I got nothing going on, I can mix dirt, water , trim, buck , cook ,and a myriad of other awesome thangs !
growem hard !

St. Phatty

Several issues come to mind about your new farm op in Southern Oregon. One is MITES! They are everywhere now. Russet mites, spider mites and especially broad mites. The other is the amount of free pollen floating around from your neighbors, especially any hemp farmers. That stuff drifts for MILES. Also you are getting things going rather late season.

The Grange & Redwood Nursery both sell ladybugs.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
everal issues come to mind about your new farm op in Southern Oregon. One is MITES! They are everywhere now. Russet mites, spider mites and especially broad mites.

HellaFella420's choice to use native soil will go a long ways towards protecting his plants. Imagine a cloud of insects flying overhead. HF's plants will blend in with the other native plants, while next door some plants grown in non native soil will look considerably more attractive. Remember that, just like top predators, insects don't try to take the strongest. They prey on the weakest.

EvergreenState

When you are done bring that shit back east. I'm out here for work in Pa. and Ohio and it's drier than a frickin' desert. You could sell out in a day. After living in Washington for 8 years I'd forgotten how miserable the pot scene is back here. It's the fuckin' stone age.
Even the liquor world is barbaric. I went to a bar/restaurant this past Sunday in Ohio and the waitress asked me what I wanted to drink so I ordered a martini. She said we don't serve liquor on Sunday. I sat there kind of stunned and I said but this is a bar. She said we can't serve liquor on Sunday. I asked why not? She said it's the state law and we don't have the type of permit that allows us to sell on Sunday. I just shook my head and said, that's fuckin crazy it's a damn bar. Can't smoke pot, can't drink liquor on Sunday's in a bar. I'm going to be barkin at the moon within a month.

Dankwolf

When you are done bring that shit back east. I'm out here for work in Pa. and Ohio and it's drier than a frickin' desert. You could sell out in a day. After living in Washington for 8 years I'd forgotten how miserable the pot scene is back here. It's the fuckin' stone age.
Even the liquor world is barbaric. I went to a bar/restaurant this past Sunday in Ohio and the waitress asked me what I wanted to drink so I ordered a martini. She said we don't serve liquor on Sunday. I sat there kind of stunned and I said but this is a bar. She said we can't serve liquor on Sunday. I asked why not? She said it's the state law and we don't have the type of permit that allows us to sell on Sunday. I just shook my head and said, that's fuckin crazy it's a damn bar. Can't smoke pot, can't drink liquor on Sunday's in a bar. I'm going to be barkin at the moon within a month.

Thats crazy . I trough a 55 gallon bag of smoke in the fire pit not to long ago . I am pretty sure the bag was the valueable part lol .

Oregon market sucks . I have fully given up on even breaking even .

HellaFella420

Veteran

Yep, yep, and yep!

Luckily I brought my own mites with me :biggrin: J/K

Bugs are a fixture in this industry, just gotta plan for the inevitable. I have a very high-pressure low-volume foliar fog machine with a 100' hose that works very well for breathing fire on bugs.

Supposedly the hemp farms in the valley are all using clones, not feminized seeds. So hopefully pollen danger will be minimized, but with all the extractors I know we can always do a soil-to-oil crop if that's the case, not ideal but a backup plan nonetheless.

Lats start yep, only took possession of the parcel July 1st. Doing what I can given the circumstances..

HellaFella420

Veteran
Thats crazy . I trough a 55 gallon bag of smoke in the fire pit not to long ago . I am pretty sure the bag was the valueable part lol .

Oregon market sucks . I have fully given up on even breaking even .

Lets get together then! With all the abatement letters Humboldt is sending out and the fucking National Guard ripping down Trinity and Mendocino, gonna be a desert down here this season...

Even my regulars right now are saying they will take anything I can get my hands on! It's not the old days yet but just offed a buddies indoor for 22 yesterday

HellaFella420

Veteran
Yep, yep, and yep!

Luckily I brought my own mites with me :biggrin: J/K

Bugs are a fixture in this industry, just gotta plan for the inevitable. I have a very high-pressure low-volume foliar fog machine with a 100' hose that works very well for breathing fire on bugs.

Supposedly the hemp farms in the valley are all using clones, not feminized seeds. So hopefully pollen danger will be minimized, but with all the extractors I know we can always do a soil-to-oil crop if that's the case, not ideal but a backup plan nonetheless.

Lats start yep, only took possession of the parcel July 1st. Doing what I can given the circumstances..

Weird, I didn't " " that instance of "hemp" the forum did that automagically?

OregonBorn

The Grange & Redwood Nursery both sell ladybugs.

They will not eradicate mites. They will dine and then leave after the food is gone. Then the eggs hatch and you have a new brood of mites. Especially broad mites. You need to spray, spray and then spray. Then spray again.

Latest posts

Latest posts