What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-tjo with 6 super lemon haze in RDWC-

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
braaavo bro, they coming up really nice n healthy :good: about the stretching, imo they'll need 10 days yet....however, I can't wait to see them flowering :canabis:

never ending peace and love
:joint:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
MY GOD !!!!!!

You have a jungle there tjo i look back your last photos
they are at 7/11 and we are now at 15/11 you make a jungle in
8 days time !!!!!!!
They stretch 50 cm + or my eyes confused me !!!!!
i am amazed !!!

I can tell that you are experienced grower you are talking about your
ph at 4,8 and you are cool if i saw my ph at 4,8 i will be screaming for
help around here.

Keep up the good work my friend.

Give me some info how long do you think i must flush my girls ?
Do you flush with pure phed R/O water ?

60 cm stretch,15 days 12-12 and still continues stretching..
i have made flush with clearex but i dont see any different..
i do it 2 times..and 2 times with pure phed water..do this..is easy
and cleans well.7-10 days i think is ok.

raaaaaaar thats a massive strech aint it... still got like a week of streching left aswell right?
oh ell best of luck dude things are looking great

thanks a lot my friend darko_G..looks like in 1 more week
my plants goes to the roof.. super cropping is my last
word.. hehe
smile.gif

braaavo bro, they coming up really nice n healthy :good: about the stretching, imo they'll need 10 days yet....however, I can't wait to see them flowering :canabis:

never ending peace and love

tenkioy bro!
yea they coming up really nice..i hope stop streching in the next
days..
and i cant wait to see them flowering.. im out of weed and
that makes me unpatience..

darko_G

super cropping seems like an ok idea... isnt the canopy a lil dense for that? i have no idea iv jus tried it on a couple girls for the first time on a couple of branches... i jus mean wouldnt laying them all down basically on top of eachother create airflow problems and light penetration problems? loving the thread btw dude

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Giving them a dose of "Phospoload" will stop all vertical growth on first application. Other bud enhancers / boosters should do the same thing. Your plants are sativa so they might stretch more than you like without the extra phosphorus and potassium.

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
hola amigos:tiphat:

today i change the water..after a few hours my readings are
4,8ph and 1,6 ec..
i thought my ph problem was from the buffers..
what the fuck? my plants looks super good and i dont know where
the ph problem is coming from. any advice???

hydrosun
thanks for the good advice..il keep it for my second slh
grow.. i broke 3 tops..the best! i hope for recover with no hermi signs.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
my guess is either the way you mixed the nutes, or the imbalence of the nutes you are mixing have caused the elements to bind, causing the ph to drop.....just a guess though...i am a dirt guy

the plants do look good

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
joe fresh you just open my mind..:)

the last 2 times i mixing the nutes in the controller..not in the res as always do..
my controller holds 25 litre of water and the amounts of the lutes
i use are
180-120-60-60 any suggestion??
if the nutes mixing in a small container there is a chance for ph dropping?

erwingruber

I mix my nutes i my controler , it holds 10 liters of water , Yesterday i mix over 200 ml of nutes in there , i disconect the water pump so the nutes can mix inside the controler and after that i conect again so the nutes travel to my main res , the ppm meter cannot even read the ppm's inside the controler , as you know i have the opposite problem from you (my ph keeps rising).

Conclusion mixing nutes in your controler is not the problem.

Try this liquid that they sell in aquarium stores to crosscheck again your ph meter it cost only 10 to 15 euros.

darko_G

they do look health though bro... are you jus worried about the final yeild? id probably leave it (unless there are signs of lock out or anything.) im sure uv said but is it ro or tap water.. tap could easily have a buffer in in unknown by yourself its full of shit....fingers crossed for ya dude... either way its coming on real well props to ya

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
my plants lately are not so good...i cant find solution to my problem.
WHY THE PH DROPPING WITH THE PPMS???
IF ANYONE KNOWS FOR SURE, IM ALL EARS.

every day i have add to my solution 10ml ph up..
also i saw signs of lockout..
ec 1,4-1,6
ph 5,5 with a lot of ph up.

ph up can cause nutrient lockout????

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:thank you:

Scrogerman

Veteran
Yeah, it could be your EC, but if that has been going down not up, & your PH is diving down i can virtually garentee its Anerobic bacteria bruv, & my sugestion to use H2o2 is a sound one & you'll get a Boost, h2o2 increases Nute uptake, you will visibly see this growth spurt too, its just very important to Not Overdose on h2o2, 30% h2o2, give 0.25mls per litre of Res solution.

Best of luck Tjo!;)

Please let me know if this settles things & also remember to smell your res? if it smell bad like 'smelly feet' the anerobic bacteria have gained a foot hold, but nothing the h2o2 wont fix ;)

Only Nutes & H2O2, Nothing else at all, expect PH adjustment(+-) never put PH up & Down together at the same time in the same res!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tjo,pH depends a lot on what fertilizer you use.Did you already used the same nutes without problems?

Nutes are composed with elements that can be positively (cations) or negatively (anions) charged.
When they are ''sucked'' by the roots,a ion is released in the rez.It can be H+ (coming from a cation) or OH- (coming from an anion)

The right balance (50-50) between H+ and OH- give a neutral pH 7.
Generally hydroponic nutes are well balanced to leave inalterate pH.

This mean if you're sure about your nutes,that's ok.If not...take it in mind ;)

It's a good idea to smell the rez and take a closer look to the roots.

It's a good idea to check your pH meter ;)

What temps and RH during the day and the night?

Scrogerman

Veteran
We Pilot our Grows by charting & manipulating EC & PH.
Its Basically read like this...

EC Down & PH UP = Too Weak
EC UP & PH Down = Too Strong
Stable=Stable (PH&EC). = Happy Plants!

Charting EC & PH enables the grower to understand the needs of the plant.

So EC down PH Down as a constant tells us what? several possibilities. bacteria being at the head of the problem imo!

Scrogerman

Veteran
if you know the strain & its requirements, if you have grown the same pheno before & this PH/EC issue is unusual. if you have adjusted & lowered EC & your PH still dives down then ill bet its bacteria. First i would reduce EC to see if this fixes the issues. if you reduce EC to say 1.0-1.2 & your PH still dives again, my money is on an Anerobic bacterial issue, this happens! Your EC does seem a little high for RDWC, 1.0-1.2 is as high as i ever go, but there are alot of considerations to take into account there!!
Good luck all!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
scrogerman could have reason.Bacteria is a possibility.
Water temps tjo?try to take a close look to the roots for sure

Scrogerman

Veteran
told me its 21c or 22c, low 70's is v-good, near optimal. if its a High o2 enviroment then bacteria is less of a worry but can happen. H2o2 will fix this up if its not EC, i would reduce EC first & chart that for a few days! could be that!
Cheers Guys! ;)

Just adding plain water back to the res to reduce EC to 1.0 could fix the issue, try it for a few days first. But i see no Tip Burn or Claw'ing so i still say Bacteria is causing PH to Dive.!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hi TJO,
Brother this is a virus - I believe it comes from the Lemon Skunk side of the hybrid mix. How do I know this? Because I just harvested my one virus plant not long ago and it was the only one of two lemon skunks showing the symptom.

picture.php

Fear not I actually found that the virus plant was the FROSTIEST of the bunch so just treat with care and she will perform. She may not be pretty to look at but trust me when I say "GLITTER" at the very end ;). Good luck.

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
Hi TJO,
Brother this is a virus - I believe it comes from the Lemon Skunk side of the hybrid mix. How do I know this? Because I just harvested my one virus plant not long ago and it was the only one of two lemon skunks showing the symptom.

picture.php

Fear not I actually found that the virus plant was the FROSTIEST of the bunch so just treat with care and she will perform. She may not be pretty to look at but trust me when I say "GLITTER" at the very end ;). Good luck.

cool, I noticed this also when looking at other peoples SLH. Everybody seems to get one crinkly one. Heres mine...

picture.php

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
cool, I noticed this also when looking at other peoples SLH. Everybody seems to get one crinkly one. Heres mine...

picture.php

Hi RugerBaby,
Yup that is she ;). For all that have these wrinkly phenos from GHS. CLONE THEM! I'm not playing. Call it retard power if you want but they kick ass.

For those that were offended by the retard comment - I apologize. Feel free to throw rocks at me :).

Latest posts

Latest posts