What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two guys and a plant... the third tier of my growing life(300w=VEG, 550w=FLWR)

For anyone who doesn't know me I am a avid lover of the Plant that we all gather at this site to talk about. I got smart and started growing my own stuff about a year ago,hempy bucket style. The thread here, Hempy bucket style, documents my first grow and is an evident sign of how little I knew when i started this hobby. I was able to start my own little thing and get a decent harvest UNTIL the roommate wanted no more part of it and I had to relocate my things. So i partnered up with a good associate of mine and I moved all the stuff and setup two new rooms with much more space. The progress can be found here, K.I.S.S. a new way of life!, as you can see i switched to a bit easier KISS way of life! simplicity is key!

So my purpose of this thread is to kind of develop my skill more and share it with whoever likes. I see more progress on my behalf in each thread and it seems my techniques get better and better. SO thus , I have reached the 3rd tier of my career.ENJOY!

so heres what im working with:

Grow Space: VEG- The Bath Tub and a custom table of a bathroom as the nursery and veg spot.
FLOWER-9x5 internal closet.Built a door with panda paper and the stick on zippers.

Medium: 4 parts perlite: 1 part vermiculite, In addition we have just begun to start working with Coco coir . and fiddle with hydro some.

Lights:
Veg- Sunsystem 4 tube 2 foot t5 (96w), (1) Feliz 125w 6500k CFL (1) 32w 6500k CFL, (2) 23w 5000k CFL's = 300 watts
Flower- 150w HPS Sunsystem Grow light & Xtrasun 400w HPS =550w

Ventilation: 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter. 4in intake fan from old freezer. 12in Honeywell fan & Honeywell HEPA filter fan. Co2 in a Bag. the two rooms recirculate air to each other through the intake and filter/fan outake.

Nutes: 7g of Maxibloom/gal & 5ml of Pro-Silicate/gal on a feed-water-feed-water schedule. Occasionaly use some kind of bloom booster (Awesome Blossoms) from week 2-6 of flower. Thats IT. K.I.S.S. buddy!

STRAINS: Snowcap and Sour Diesel. Both are bagseed from some EXTREMELY stable and good genetic stuff. I got lucky, big time!

Hempy Buckets have always seemed the easiest/cheapest way to grow so I continue to use them. I have been using them since I started a year ago. Perlite: vermiculite is what I have used thus far but we plan on trying to switch to coco or possibly use both. I am also voyaging and expermenting with small micro size hydro set ups just to grasp the basics. I just recently converted my homemade aerocloner into a homemade Mom bucket .

Two new recent COCO transfers. Just found these wonderful 1 gallon containers today, I think they will work great!

picture.php

Much more pictures and stuff to come SOON, time for bed!

snowcap and sour d harvest

snowcap and sour d harvest

So in a continuation of my previous thread (in my signature) There were four plants ready to harvest today. these are SOG style plants in a perpetual garden so we are gradually getting larger and larger.
Snowcap and Sour diesel
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

and a closer shot of the SOUR D
picture.php

and the snowcap, kinda blurry sorry.
picture.php

The AEROCLONER MOM BUCKET emerges...

The AEROCLONER MOM BUCKET emerges...

Heres another shot of one of those snowcap girls all cleaned up
picture.php

So I took a step a bit more into the hydro world and last week converted my homemade 10 site aerobucket cloner into a 2 site Mom aerobucket. I put two nice prospects into the net cups 3 days ago. One of these "mums" is about a 6-7 week old clone , its the small tree looking one. and the other is much younger.

INTO THIS

SO these roots have absolutely EXPLODED! im not really sure what to do as far as the feeding regime though. When i always water hempy buckets we always water every other time in order to "flush" the roots out. I have been putting in the same exact mix that I have been giving the hempys. But do i ever need to change it and just put in water? maybe something somebody could chime in. These roots exploded in this maxi and silica mix.
picture.php

picture.php

So yea this "mum" bucket looks like it's going to serve its purpose. Im not really sure on what im doing as far as water regime but in theory I am going to need these mums pumping on all cylinders all the time to crank out as many clones. Without any nute burn!

Last edited:
my "BATHTUB" setup that has seem to gotten me and my P pretty damn far in the past 8 months of our grow. Its not the prettiest place but damn its what we got and what we are working with at the time. If it were my home, of course i would make a veg cab and a nursery cab. but until then... my t5(96w) and 1 32w cfl at work!
picture.php

But now the flower closet is an entire different story here. Nothing much to shame about in here these days. Pumping out some very nice dense nugs , and only getting bigger. Maxibloom at 5-6g /gal and pro-silicate at 5ml/gal. A few watering's of Epsom salt around week 3-4 of flower and some test plants we use a bloom booster on. Temps have remained very nice in here throughout the winter. With the heat running we had to disconnect the direct a/c vent we had running into the room and just make the two rooms a continuous flow of air using the two fans.

The Sour Diesel and Snowcap Test Moms that we put in 6 weeks ago are nearing completion. I was under the assumption when we took Moms, that had been hacked on for 6-8 months and put them into flower, that they would turn into hermies no matter what. But both our babies are holding strong and looks like they are going to be decadent. No male parts anywhere and because I was able to form the plants to create clones they have excellent structures.

Sour Diesel
picture.php

picture.php

SNOWCAP
picture.php

picture.php

Until the next time we meet my friends, Hope everyone stays up and green and remember to do this shit for fun! and medicate!

p.s. sorry for the blurry ass pictures. working on getting this phone camera to work. Smoke on rastas'.

Follow up harvest pics

Follow up harvest pics

Stopped by the grow spot today to pick up my share of the harvest of 4 plants.these guys here.. They have been drying 54 hours now and ready to jar. Out of the 4 plants the 2 sour diesel we got 12g total and the 2 Snowcap's we got 10g total. I know that ain't shit but , amount is increasing each and every harvest. I guess that is the suck ass thing about running a perpetual and trying out so many different style as we do.But things are changing around here, bud is flowing now! Here's a few shots of the bud on day 3 of drying
picture.php

Sour diesel
picture.php

Snowcap- see the hygrometer , the best way to cure. No second guessing yourself. If you dont know about it. Check it out ,HERE!
picture.php

02-12 more pics of veg...

02-12 more pics of veg...

The two plants in the mom aerobucket are growing at an OUTSTANDING rate. I guess this is my first real witness of hydroponics and the incredible growth they bring with them..
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Here's the new 125W cfl bulb i bought with socket for $60. We are doing a small little vert grow in the veg closet around it. Heres a shot with and without the bulb.
picture.php

and withou...
picture.php

overall things were doing quite fine with the addition of the aerobucket and the new 125w CFL. things are good.

These were the two plants we originally intended on making more Moms out of since our other moms were getting pot bound and we flowered them out.. These were gonna be moms but with the addition of our "mom" bucket and the way they are growing there gonna go to flower soon. Topped both of them and 2 days later (here) the just SPREAD..
picture.php
picture.php

a little DIY, shall we

a little DIY, shall we

So since I have started growing i discovered one of the coolest and thrifty things ever...DO-IT-YOURSELF DIY.... Seems like guys on every aspect of our hobby have developed ways to make this stuff for a quarter of the price the stores offer...

so with that said, I have made a DIY aerocloner and A bubbler and they both looked pretty ghetto and first timey. I did away with the aerocloner and as you saw above made a "MUM' bucket. The crappy bubbler i had was allowing algae to grow everywhere and It had to stop. So i decided to incorporate both my cloners into one. Although I have no aero sprayers, just two airstones and two pumps. I incorporated the small blue pool noodles as well as the actuall net cups and neoprene. This small cloner is now capable of taking major amounts of cuts.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I had previously made a drying "trash can" with a big old fan and it was all kinds of crazy. Did a hell of a job on what we were trying to accomplish but i felt like it was drying things too fast. So took the design of a couple different threads and rack , computer fan, and a bin and a bad ass drying rack we got!

picture.php
picture.php

2/20 update..cfl idea? aeroponics?

2/20 update..cfl idea? aeroponics?

well my change over to using coco has seemed to be an adventure to say the least. I definitely didn't wash it thoroughly enough because they burned up the first two days. But the growth, since i caught that and did an ultra flush, has been great. Coco hempy's look like the way to be doing things. I just hope that proves me right.
picture.php

Heres the new cloner filled up and our little nursery area cranking things up.
picture.php

I was wondering if anybody had a better idea to do with this 125W CFL i have hanging vertically. It seems to be boosting some growth but i felt it would work better than a $40 hood. would like an idea if anybody has one

As I talked about before my aerobucket for my mums is absolutely awesome. They are sucking up nutes left and right. I'm having a hard time keeping the PH down at 5.8-6.0 . Every time i check, every 2 days, its up in the 7.0. They are still growing incredibely. We are using the same exact nute as in the hempy buckets. 7g Maxibloom, 5ml Silica and that ph's to 5.8 every time. Our water comes out at 6.0. So when things have been getting to 7 i add a quart of straight water. I'm not really sure how the procedure supposed to go, but they are GROWING and its a learning curve!
picture.php

2/23 snowcap harvest

2/23 snowcap harvest

well here are the three snowcaps we harvested a few days ago. One being a "MOM" plant that had been cloned on for 6 months, then put into flower.
picture.php

Lots of branching helped create excellent bud growth , and i didnt even need a stake or support.
picture.php

The trichome profile of this specific strain is magnificent. I wish i had a macro camera i could take some close ups with but take my word for it.
picture.php
picture.php

And i loaded the trimmed up buds in my newly created DIY drying bin. Everything fit just fine, no need to add the second layer shelf.
picture.php

Exactly 48 hours we left them to dry , leaving the pc fan on for all 48 hours as well. Very nice dry using our new machine. Buds are curing in the jars now. 47g is what i weighed off of those 3 plants. I would guess the mum was a good 28g plant, at least. Very satisfied with our outcome. Is there anyway to try and figure a GPW for perpetual grows? i know ours is in the dirt but we constantly have yields so i wasn't sure?

Re: Two guys and a plant... the third tier of my growing life(300w=VEG, 550w=FLWR)

Off to the garden to reap my rewards. Have some fresh pics up soon. Holy smokes these coco hempys are growing at almost twice the rate of my perlite vermiculite ones
Three Sog type sour diesels. And my big mom bush which is also SD
View attachment 209785
View attachment 209786
View attachment 209787
View attachment 209788

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx JB

Last edited:
Veg Update

Veg Update

So i've been busy with the last couple harvests. We succesfully flowered out both of our Mom specimen plants. We had cut off of them for about 5 months then decided to flower them out and did so with success. We had quite a few small SOG style plants that were taken with them as well , which is our goal. To try and have different size and stages of plant in the flower closet. What i understand as a perpetual grow. Well we moved about 6 more of our veg plants ,that were ready, into flower. They are seen here.
picture.php

Here are a few before and after shots. 2 days difference in the photos but you can see some major growth in the hydro "MOM' bucket and the two Coco hempys in the white square containers.
the 24th here
picture.php

and the 26th 2 days later
picture.php

24th
picture.php

and the 26th
picture.php

Some very good growth for two days.

Take a peek into the garden of weeden! Our Ziploc door that had to be constructed at the beginning to keep the closet air tight. And works wonderful for a light barrier , as there is only a standard closet door there, with a half inch gap at the bottom
picture.php

I had a few concerns on some leaves i just found on plants that had just been put into flower in the last week.I was afraid this was some kind of mold and dreading the ultimate black mold i just wanted to be over careful.any idea?
picture.php
picture.php

And at last finally a shot of my "nursery" or early stages of veg.
picture.php

Everything is poking nubs in the cloner and roots are hitting rezervoirs in the older plants. So in theory everything is goin as planned and for the good.

DIY- a nursery tent? what what

DIY- a nursery tent? what what

Good day all ICmagers . In a freaking awesome mood, because things are going swell with my operation. I got a much needed kick in the butt and some constructive criticism from an associate and it got me in the right mind state. I picked up the scrap wood from my house. Had 4 or 5 long pieces of some kind of furniture boards. 1x2 's i believe. I constructed my frame on top of the table and used the table legs as anchor boards. I bought about $10 worth of panda paper and just made my measurements and stapled away. For the front we used a large piece and only stapled the top so it could be easily folded over when working in the nursery. And allowing a bit of moving air through the whole structure allows us to not have an inline or heavy duty fan , in this tent. Just a small clip on for now.

went from this....
to this...

picture.php
picture.php

Since i put the 150W CFL bulb in vertically it has not done much of anything. This is the bulk of our wattage now and it has only seemed to affect a few plants. What I was not realizing is that the majority of the light was being lost to the gigantic amount of space in the veg room. I am still kind of weary of doing the vertical thing, although it was my idea, just does not seem to be working. But we will see now with the addition of my nursery tent.

aeroponics/dwc a mix up!

aeroponics/dwc a mix up!

So shit is CRANKING in this newly converted cloner to a Mom bucket. It has been exactly four weeks and i have cloned off each plant 2 times for a total of about 10-15 clones.
picture.php

These Things are mini bushes after exactly four weeks.These roots are like spaghetti. technically this is not full aeroponics because there is a reservoir in the bottom so its a DWC/Aero mix. We were planning on keeping these as MOM plants but if we can pull this many clones and get this amount of growth, why not flower them out and just start some new ones.?
picture.php

So this is were i came up with the idea to do an almost exact replica of the aero-bucket except in alot larger container. This will be in the flower room permanently and have Four spots. I used this 15$ container from Lowes. Its 29gal. And from what I saw should have been waterproof. No troubles so far. It works like a charm.I didnt even have to cut out a slot for the power cord. Just kind of jammed the lid on and the cord is thick enough, works great
picture.php

I used the green aero-misters,12 of them (used red ones in bucket) and a 180gph pump. a very easy method explained by rumple i just altered a bit.
picture.php

Once i got it up and running looks as if i may need a stronger pump or less sprayers. It is actually working wonderful, because its not leaking. Just don't know if the streams will be strong enough for massive flower plants. I'm completely new to this so i really don't know what to expect. I assume i may have to put an air stone in the bottom if i'm not getting enough aeration.

well we transferred those month old hydro plants to the new container and 2 days running , no bumps. I also xplanted two of their offspring into the aerobucket they came out of. Perpetual baby! cleaned the two girls up a bit before i flipped. Cleared the lower third of growth and trying to "lollipop"
picture.php

Figuring GPW in a perpetual grow?

Figuring GPW in a perpetual grow?

So what i think im gonna do to try and figure an appropriate GPW, I am going to record all weight that is taken within an 8 week period. All our plants flower for 8 weeks so in 8 weeks The whole room will have been changed out. I started on feb 19 we got 45g off of 3plants. Feb 26- 48g off 5 plants and the recent march 10- 25g off 5 plants. So if i wait til april 19th and record all weight in between hopefully this will give me an accurate number. I don't really care that much but so like to know if we are being efficient. Numbers look good to me so far, for a Rookie :D

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx JB

harvested a small harvest of 3 plaNTS over the weekend. Focusing mainly on our new hydro venture! Things are growing insanely fast. you can check it out in my SIGnature. Anyways, things are goin good in veg. The two larger coco hempys i had are growing very rapidly and will be ready to flip very soon.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The tent i constructed a few weeks ago seems to be trapping the light in better and the plants have certainly perked up. I think we need a better fan in there for circulation though. The small clip on is just not powerful enough.
picture.php

rest of the flower garden...

rest of the flower garden...

so ive been focusing so much on my hydro set ups that i have not been very grateful of what my hempy bucket girls are doing. Growing nice frosty buds. We are gonna use awesome blossoms from here on out, as my last harvest was noticeably different in taste and we used the booster. I think im gonna keep a few hempys around no matter what we do. They help fill in the gaps and small places that the larger tubs and bucket dont.
a overall shot,
picture.php

next 2 pics are everything behind the TUB.
picture.php
picture.php

very happy with our success of the last few weeks! remember theres only a 150HPS and 400hps in flower.
:plant grow:

webecat

Looks pretty good mang. Those bud look really tasty, and that makes me think it might be interesting to try a hempy one of these day.

Bro I would say that they are so easy a caveman could do it. Although people like to jazz it up and make things more complicated than they are, the hempy bucket is about the most basic concept of hydro you're going to get. I like them because of the low maintenance and very cheap costs. as I said before I have never seen anything grow asv fast as what my hydro plants are doing now, so to compare them directly to a hydro grow would be absurd a few shots i took tonight.
View attachment 215244
View attachment 215245

What we have noticed in the last couple weeks since I've started using coco is that Coco definitely works best. We've moved on from the vermiculate perlite mix and found much success with Coco. Watering is required more often with Coco but it allows for an exchange of the reservoir which means freshwater and fresh oxygen for the roots. If you look at my few plants here you can tell the difference between the perlite and the Coco. Coco's producing much greener and stronger plants

sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx JB

Last edited: