What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

K.I.S.S - A new way of life!

So I started growing my own medicine back in march of this year. I succesfully got thru a grow in my closet. Veggin under 150W HPS and Flowered under 400w HPS. Turned out about 200g. Hempy Buckets of course. Well since that grow ive had to change locations (plus) and pick up a partner(minus). So in the course of trying to make both our lives easier and grow some monster ganja plants we switched to K.I.S.S baby. Ive got a couple that are still on Technafloras line of nutes, but once they are done all will be on MaxiBloom.

Medium: 4 parts perlite: 1 part vermiculite

Lights:
Veg- Sunsystem 4 tube 2 foot t5 (96w)& 32w 6500k CFL
Flower- 150w HPS Sunsystem Grow light & 250w HPS Flood light

Grow Space: 9x5 internal closet.Built a door with panda paper and the stick on zippers.

Ventilation: 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter. 12 Honeywell fan. Honeywell HEPA filter fan.

Nutes: 7g of Maxibloom/gal & 7ml of Pro-Silicate/gal on a feed-water-feed-water schedule

Now im already moved over and in the midst of this grow i just wanted to start an actuall thread for my kiss grow. So the first few pics are over the last few weeks.

07/20-Veg- moved over 3 veg plants. (1 grey- SSH,1 Grey and White bucket- White widow X Big Bud) The mother plant is in blue solo.
picture.php

Flower-The new room with only 3 plants that were in flower during the move. only 250w HPS running ( Black pot- Super Silver Haze, Dr.Pepper 2L-Sour Diesel, and Dr. Perky 2L- SnowCap)
picture.php

08-14
Veg-Took 16 clone cuts(rockwool & rapid rooters) and Ten of them made it. Got 3 cuts of snowcap and 3 cuts of sour diesel to keep the strains alive!! the rest were off of the mother plant you see pictured next to them which i believe to be Super Silver haze.
picture.php

Flower- Moved three that were in veg in to flower(2wwXbb, and 1 SSH) . The 2 liters and black pot are in week 4 of flower and they are still getting technaflora "Recipe for Success" .
picture.php

The most recent update.
08-20
Veg- The veg plants are doing great. Two of the Snowcaps, witch we have decided is the best looking and smelling, we xplanted into the 10L buckets from the start as soon as the clones took root. Unfortunately we dont have enough room so the rest had to go in solo cups.Everything in veg is looking great! Mother too!
picture.php

K.I.S.S A new way of life! Cont.

K.I.S.S A new way of life! Cont.

Flower-
A shot of All 6 of our flower delights!
picture.php

Now a closer shot of the buds in flower. Snowcap Sour diesel and SSH....
picture.php

These three are in week 5 of flower now. I did a flush on the roots 2 weeks ago. they are still on technaflora regime while everything else is Maxibloom. I have a real worry about the SSH . I have some serious browning on tips of sugars and nothing like ive seen before as far as nute burn.
picture.php

picture.php

If anybody can help with this i appreciate it.

picture.php

The three in the back are on week 3. look at that SSH on the right... Shes my monster crop from my hempy bucket thread if anbody followed...a real monster.Gone to once a day watering!!
look at the training down there.. on all of them...I give credit to Kodiak and his LST thread. Its the shit!!
A Complete Guide to Topping, Training and Pruning

So yea thats where i stand right now. And everything is rolling to get a continuous production system going. This harvest will be adequate medicine for me and my P

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
keepn an eye on the kiss methods always.... lurkn as well
nice plants u got there!
also seems like u have all the room in the world to expand in there.... check marlo's WoW thread....

8/29 update

8/29 update

thanks for all the positive vibes guys!! I enjoy having the company!

Well things have progressed rapidly in the VEG room. The two Snowcap clones we took (in flower) that we put in the larger buckets vs the solo cup, are exploding. This is another method taken from KODIAK's guide, the MONSTER CROP. I took a clone like this my first time and just watched how she basically trained herself and has turned into one beautiful plant. These guys are looking crazy with the single blade unserrated leaves. I really like this method. easy!
picture.php

Here is Mother and the rest of the clones. I topped and started LST with the four tallest clones. I am using my Solo cup and Dental Floss method like i used in my hempy grow. We are planning on putting Mother here into flower in the next week or two as we have no plans to continue that strain (SSH). We are running out of VEG room and need more space and light. I would have rather xplanted when i topped and started the training, but lack of room we will have to wait. Our intentions on getting bigger plants faster by putting clones into big containers works! all the clones above were taken on the same day. and the two to the farthest left are Snowcap cuts(monstercrop) as well, only in a solo cup.
picture.php

Flower Is rolling along beautiful!! I got a chance to look at trichs on all 3 of my eldest girls and the SourDiesel and Snowcap are looking splendid. They are so freaking dense with trichs, when i look at the snowcap it looks like snowflakes or ice viewed under a scope. I see how they got the name. The Sourdiesel is also looking twice as dense as any plant i produced in my first grow. Expecting them to be dank. Im at like 5% Amber right now the rest are mainly milky, so 10-14 days is what i expect. One more feed and flush we might think of starting. The SSH is still few more weeks off. These 3 are the three in the front. The three in the back are about 4 weeks in and Im thinking of introducing a Bloom booster. Ive got some awesome blossoms from technaflora left so i think i will supplement this with the Maxibloom to try and beef these babies up!! The three in the back again are 2 White Widow X Big Bud and 1 Super Silver Haze(the monster crop i spoke of earlier, in the back right corner!)
picture.php

This update was brief b.c. Im exhausted from work. But i will elaborate more.
Stay up Stoners!

M

MrSterling

Nice shots! For the record, you're growing using the Lucas Formula, "Keep it simple stupid" is more a life principle, a guy over at Lockheed came up with it during the war. Simplicity is often best. This looks to be an interesting grow; your medium is crazy alien to me, so I'm pulling up a chair just to learn how this works. May your lights shine brightly!

hey guys

hey guys

very nice nugs u have there keep up the good work!!!
Thanks very much my friend. I am lacking in the quantity department but we had to do the smaller pots during the Grow Move. But things are rolling on now!!
keepn an eye on the kiss methods always.... lurkn as well
nice plants u got there!
also seems like u have all the room in the world to expand in there.... check marlo's WoW thread....
yes, all the room we need. We do plan on filling up every bit of space in our veg and Flower closet
Go Matty, go. :D Like gtgio said, very nice space. :D
Hey brother B!:jump: how u been man. Glad to see my advisor is watching. I think im ready to take u up on that offer you had months ago. Hope your doing well buddy!
Nice shots! For the record, you're growing using the Lucas Formula, "Keep it simple stupid" is more a life principle, a guy over at Lockheed came up with it during the war. Simplicity is often best. This looks to be an interesting grow; your medium is crazy alien to me, so I'm pulling up a chair just to learn how this works. May your lights shine brightly!
Thanks for clearing that up Sterling. I had researched it a little before i started, and the K.I.S.S way is really the way i wanna grow the rest of my life.I just see it way more practical not giving your plants all that stuff they dont need. What is this "alien" medium you speak of? :abduct:
:smoker:

9-3-12 Update from the KISS fountain. An expansion!!

9-3-12 Update from the KISS fountain. An expansion!!

Well things could not be goin any better. First, for the new additions. My partner kept himself busy saturday by expanding our veg area and making some new bench tables. Now we had never planned on the bath tub and this section of the bathroom becoming our veg closet, but when something works i guess you gotta go with it. A good thing about this spot is that it is on the opposite wall of the flower closet. So the wall(on the right in pic) cuts right between these two rooms. This in turn will be easier to filter and get our old air out. Right now we have a 4in Fan and filter blowing from the flower closet into the Veg bathroom. From there everything is just staying in this room. Gets a little stinky at times, But there is already a Bathroom fan installed we plan on gettin another Carbon filter and fan and using the vent already created from the fan.So our final extraction would be going out the roof.
picture.php

So my P put some well needed tables and more storage room in our Veg area. We plan on running all CFL in here. Heat is an issue. This next pic is a shot underneath the first table. This is our contraption we rigged up for our FRESH air intake into the Flower closet. This covers a a/c vent and runs through the wall(same one that seperates the rooms) into the closet. Before it gets into the closet we have a small 4 in booster fan that was taken out of an old freezer. Obviously getting cold air in is not our problem, this thing works great. Just wanted to document it on the thread even though its not new.
picture.php

So alot of work we got done. 3 new tables and the storage space underneath them is perfect. We added 2 more 23w CFL bulbs above the table. The grow store was closed and all i could find was 5000k at lowes. Different spectrum should be good for them. Any more bulbs i add will be the 32w 65000k CFLs like the one that was over the mother plant(f1). I super cropped that bitch some because she was out of control, and put her in flower. She is a SSH and already at 2ft so i felt it a must to super crop because this strain likes to STRETCH. I also Xplanted the remainder of the clones(snowcap & Sour Diesel) that i took in flower( monster crop). SO the five big buckets in VEG are gonna be monsters.. Alot of progress and alot more room!!
picture.php

FLOWER
picture.php

picture.php

Viewed alot of trich's today and things look amazing. The density of them is just amazing. Im at about 60% MILKY 20% AMBER on the snowcap and sour diesel so i have began to flush them out . They will only get water until harvest. The SSH is only at about 50% milky so im thinking about 10-14 days behind the other guys. I cant wait to get a taste of these 2 new strains. I wanna eat them everytime i go into the room. The smells coming from the Sour Diesel and Snowcap are splendid. The trichs are swollen huge. All pistils have pretty much turned red I am basically just waiting on the colas to fatten and dense up in this last week or 2.

The back row is really starting to put on some bud weight. I can see the silica product working everyday. These are some beefy strong plants.I bumped the silica from 7ml to 4ml per gallon. which still may be too much. They just started week 4 of flower so i am going to supplement them with a bloom booster, since i already have one i dont have to buy. I will use technafloras awesome blossoms with the Maxibloom. I think i have figured it to between 1/4tsp and 1/2tsp per gallon. If anybody has experience using different lines of nutes with different let me kno.

All in all it was a great holiday weekend. Got alot of progress made toward this Continous Production System

i had a couple really shitty leaves just fall of one my plants. Like i barely bumped it and over 10 of them came off they did not look very healthy either. Its kinda hard to see the pale yellow green color but its there.

picture.php

The one in back right (my monster crop) was vegged close to 3 months the other guys in back row were closer to 2 months. AND THE small pots in the front row, which are almost ready for harvest, we're vegged for about 6 weeks after establishing roots on the clones.

I wanted to show vent cap we got. This is where our 4in duct is run in flower closet. This is the opposite side. The air extracting from the closet actually helps cool the veg closet a few degrees.. View attachment 181607

9-6 veggin. Lots of LST at the moment View attachment 181608
2 weeks and we should have some candidates to head into flower as we harvest snowcap sour diesel and ssh in next weeks :D

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

thal

i had a couple really shitty leaves just fall of one my plants. Like i barely bumped it and over 10 of them came off they did not look very healthy either. Its kinda hard to see the pale yellow green color but its there.

View Image

Are you using a silica product? It looks like that would help you.

Those leaves didn't come off because they aren't getting silica though.

Did you see where the leaves came from?

Yea I'm using pro silicate. They came off of the bottom of the plant. I was fearing I might have been giving too much silica I was giving 5-7ml which I was told was too much. Havnt seen any more fall of like that though.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

September 16 update. Harvest time

September 16 update. Harvest time

.A very extensive couple days of work in the grow room. With temperatures outside changing and the a/c not running as it normally would moving lights and fans trying to get optimal temperature and penetration. A lot of LST going down on the clones, moving new girls to flower and most importantly I harvested my 2 2liter plants(grown all the way with technaflora) they were started on my hempy bucket thread.
picture.php

these are my three girls going into flower closet. They are taking the place of the two 2l I just harvested and the ssh I plan to cut in about a week. All three of these are Monster crops. Clones Taken in the second week of flower, with minor LST, they have turned into all leaf and stem. Exactly what I wanted. Two are snowcap clones and 1 sour diesel clone

picture.php

Here's what remain in veg as of now. These are all my ssh f1 cuts. We were least impressed with strain but still gonna grow it. The snowcap and sour diesel are def preferred. So the two in larger buckets are designated mothers, one snowcap one sour diesel
picture.php

picture.php

So here's the three new girls in there spot. Had to add a bench to get an even canopy. It a pain having 4 strains all on different weeks . As of now 3 new are sour diesel and snow cap. And 2 wwXBB AND 1 SSH IN THE back. My main focus is FILLING UP OUR SPACE. still only 400w in flower but I am ready for the next step (below)
picture.php

i need better ventilation or to air cool it. B4 I think of putting it up. Don't have a glass for it either. This week is gonna be another packed week, gotta take numerous clones and get shit rolling. Overall I'm overly impressed with my growing experience I just want to take in more and more info.. Oh yea I'm adding a bag of CO2 next week, time to take off the training wheels.. I will post up my harvest pics later. Smoke on guys....

Snowcap and sour diesel harvest

Snowcap and sour diesel harvest

Well these two guys were started and vegged back at my old location where I had my first grow but finished off here at my perfect garden. These two plants are BAGSEED. But let me say this about this seed. The guy I buy from had to move about a LB of dank bud to find these two seeds. Who knows where his stuff comes from but it always comes with a name and always seems dispensary grade. With that said, I think i have found some good genetics here, and both the seeds came out female. What luck. These guys were grown with technaflora recipe for success. You can get the kit for like 50$ at the grow store and it will carry you well thru a grow, good for starters, like me. I mean look at these things gs. I personally don't like all the mixing and supplements so i'm now doing maxibloom.
picture.php

Snowcap
picture.php

picture.php

Sour Diesel
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the perfect head stash for me and my partner! Should see some profits next harvest

Ps sorry for sideways pics. They will not rotate them. Or i just can't figure it out on my phone

Latest posts

Latest posts