What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how long can hashish be stored for?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
so if I made some hashish and need to store it for a long time how long can it be stored for and what would be the best way to store it.
like in a jar or a bag or whatever.
thanks.

I have some in an airtight jar in the freezer that 1yr, no freezer burn yet and smokes great. Same elements are bad for hash as weed - heat, light, o2 (however I would imagine the outer crust of the hash should protect it against o2 to some extent since it would prevent oxidization of the hash inside the ball)

wardyleb

hash can be stored for a long time if done correctly. As long as its in a cool (colder the better), dry dark place in an airtight container (don't use plastic or Tupperware, glass is good)

Heat, light and air will all degrade cannabis products. THe THC will degrade to CBN at a rate of about 50% a year if kept at room temp, so like i say, cooler the better.

Hope this helps

wardy

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
i throw mine in glass jars, vacuum seal em and throw em in a freezer.

minimize degradation and you can keep stuff from losing its punch for a really long time. in the neighborhood of many years.

I got this data from Marijuana Chemistry by M.Starks pages 13- 15

37* Celsius ~20% THC loss, 22* Celsius 6.9% THC loss, 4* Celsius 5.4% THC loss, -18*celsius 3.8% THC loss.

It also mentions about how light degenerates faster than dark:- 36% in light versus 13% in dark for test material.

You could experiment with the nitrogen you get for sealing wine and store in the freezer

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Why store it?

Why don´t you smoke it!!!!

Aqua Lab Tech

cured hash is way better than fresh isn t it ?

or at least dry sieve ! some imported hash definetly gets some amazing flavours from the curing !

a good hash has to be cured to really reveal itself. fresh hash is very good too but different. but i think you know more about it than i do!

++

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol I cant smoke as much hash as I make so I need to store it for me and others that I gift it to.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Why store it?

Aqua Lab Tech

a lot of people in traditional hash making/smoking countries don't consider it to be ready to be smoked for a least 6 months mate... in India for example they believe smoking hash less than a year old will make you mad ;)

edit - I don't buy it either, I smoke mine whenever I feel like, but I prefer the older stuff for flavour and effect (I continue to glass cure for upto 3 months after extraction)

for storage I go with the others that its best kept in the fridge or freezer, I wrap mine in cellophane and put it in a jar :)

Stan G.

Why store it?

Aqua Lab Tech
You could say that again. I pressed a half pound brick of my heads, thought I would have hash for "forever". Two months later down to about an ounce. I had a 99 plant count, now got a 75 plant count, I will probably run out next run. Storage is for pansies or some body from Morocco, or the like.:tiphat:

Stan G.

a lot of people in traditional hash making/smoking countries don't consider it to be ready to be smoked for a least 6 months mate... in India for example they believe smoking hash less than a year old will make you mad ;)

edit - I don't buy it either, I smoke mine whenever I feel like, but I prefer the older stuff for flavour and effect (I continue to glass cure for upto 3 months after extraction)

for storage I go with the others that its best kept in the fridge or freezer, I wrap mine in cellophane and put it in a jar :)
Aging does have it's benefits, but sometimes i like to go a little mad.

Latest posts

Latest posts