Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Greenleaf Nutrients...

Thread Title Search
-
Greenleaf Nutrients... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2012, 11:42 PM #41
NeWcS

NeWcS will become famous soon enoughNeWcS will become famous soon enough
Are you having issues with Gen hydro or greenleaf? You dropped two company names there...
NeWcS is offline Quote

Old 05-10-2012, 03:24 PM #42
ole-possum

ole-possum is on a distinguished road
I was looking for an alternative to GH Flora. Tried Logic Grow and was disappointed. Went back to GH Flora, tried to adjust pH and remembered why I was looking for an alternative to GH in the first place.
ole-possum is offline Quote

Old 05-11-2012, 02:49 AM #43
NeWcS

Lol. Thats a shame. I had good results with it. And still have some that I plan to use again one day. With that said, Do dry nutes keep longer than liquid? Longer 'shelf life'.
NeWcS is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2012, 08:27 PM #44
Lowman
Keeper of the Bottom Line

Lowman has a spectacular aura aboutLowman has a spectacular aura aboutLowman has a spectacular aura about
I recently switched from flora reg to flora hardwater micro....best move I ever made. This stuff rocks with my water( 0.6EC). That Logic shit from greenleaf was just that.....shit.
Lowman is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2012, 09:13 PM #45
NeWcS

Wow, I am surprised to hear that. I guess I've been lucky thus far. I hope I don't eat those words come my next grow.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:51 PM #46
ole-possum

ole-possum is on a distinguished road
My tap water is averaging around 30 mg/l calcium. Having spent too much time in grow forums I got the bright idea to use half tap water and half RO water. I tried hardwater Flora micro with that. It didn't work out well. You really need a lot of calcium in your water for hardwater Flora to be needed. Using RO water unless you have really bad tap water is a waste of time, energy and money.
ole-possum is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:59 PM #47
Lowman
Keeper of the Bottom Line

Lowman has a spectacular aura aboutLowman has a spectacular aura aboutLowman has a spectacular aura about
One mistake a lot of folks with hard water make....is thinking the calcium and mag in their hard water will be used by the plant. This is a myth. The calcium and mag in your tap water is too large of a molecule which doesn't allow the root system to use it unless you keep using humics and fulvics, which over time will break down the larger molecules to be usable by the plant. I have 0.6EC tap water. I add 2.5ml/G of magical to my feed. I do not calculate the 0.6Ec of my tap into my final EC before feeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole-possum View Post
My tap water is averaging around 30 mg/l calcium. Having spent too much time in grow forums I got the bright idea to use half tap water and half RO water. I tried hardwater Flora micro with that. It didn't work out well. You really need a lot of calcium in your water for hardwater Flora to be needed. Using RO water unless you have really bad tap water is a waste of time, energy and money.
Lowman is offline Quote

Old 01-26-2015, 01:03 AM #48
squarepush3r

squarepush3r will become famous soon enoughsquarepush3r will become famous soon enough
hi all, we have been working on a bit of new marketing for Greenleaf Nutrients using product comparisons with other popular companies in a chart format. I highly respect the posters here so I wanted to run this new comparison by everyone first for honest feedback and opinion and criticism. thank for any feedback!

EDIT: This is for the Aficionado base nutrient product, which is in ballpark of AN Connoisseur but more expensive that some of our other products. We have similar base nutrient (Logic series) without Amino Acid complex that is less expensive more in ballpark with JR Peters Jack's Professional that still contains silica and most of the other benefits.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:14 AM #49
NeWcS

That looks really good (except for the shipping). I guess the logic line on this chart would look the same no? Been thinking about switching back over to logic.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:12 AM #50
squarepush3r

squarepush3r will become famous soon enoughsquarepush3r will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeWcS View Post
That looks really good (except for the shipping). I guess the logic line on this chart would look the same no? Been thinking about switching back over to logic.
correct. The Logic Grow and Logic Bloom are missing the L amino-acids complex, however they include everything else on that chart (including the soluble Silica). The Logic is also less expensive, the 60L size (which is considered bulk) of Logic is $102.41 + $15 ship = $117.41 and it is approximately 33 lbs, so that comes out to approximately $3.55 per lb which is just slightly above JR Peters estimate of $3.36 per lb shipped, however there are a few benefits we think that would justify the slight higher cost.

Also, as we get a higher volume of customers we will be able to lower the price more to hopefully be less expensive than JR eventually to really make the decision a lot easier for people.