Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Greenleaf Nutrients...

Thread Title Search
-
Greenleaf Nutrients... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2012, 06:08 AM #31
squarepush3r

squarepush3r will become famous soon enoughsquarepush3r will become famous soon enough
I wonder where BioMaster went, I though he decided to stop posting in this thread, but maybe it appears he was behind the scenes in contact with Advanced Nutrients legal department?

Advanced Nutrients(AN) today filed a claim for C&D and threaten legal action against Greenleaf Nutrients(GN). The basis of their claim is that GN is "passing off their products" as AN, however this is not true as can be clearly seen on the main homepage of GN website.

https://greenleafnutrients.com/

On the third paragraph down on the homepage, it clearly states all products are our own products, and mention of any other brands or names is simply for comparative purposes. The FCC allows comparative advertising on the basis that the customer can compare product, however "passing off" or fooling the customer into thinking they are buying a different product is prohibited.

https://www.ftc.gov/bcp/policystmt/ad-compare.htm

It is clear all GN has done is used comparative advertising, as none of their products have the same name, they simply state on some pages "this product is similar to another product ______." Thus, there is no intent of confusion or anyway someone could think they are actually buying an AN product. Further, it is also stated that our products ship as a dry powder product, and AN's products sell as liquid formulas typically in 1 Liter liquid containers or larger.

Regardless of this, AN is falsely claiming that GN is trying to counterfeit products and pass off fake products, and thus attempting to shut down GN website and will use legal action. This is simply an act of bullying by a multimillion dollar company against a very small company to scare them into shutting down their site and forcing their domain host to delete their website and remove their account.

So, I will let ya folks know how it turns out, but we definitely don't plan to let ourselves by bullied around just caus were small =p

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:33 AM #32
Lowman
Keeper of the Bottom Line

Lowman has a spectacular aura aboutLowman has a spectacular aura aboutLowman has a spectacular aura about
Maybe they want to shut you down cause they don't want people that try your products to think their stuff is anything like yours. It would be an embarrassment for them.
Lowman is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2012, 04:03 AM #33
squarepush3r

squarepush3r will become famous soon enoughsquarepush3r will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowman View Post
Maybe they want to shut you down cause they don't want people that try your products to think their stuff is anything like yours. It would be an embarrassment for them.
Lowman, the B-Alive product raises PPM approximately ~250 when used at instructed dosages given. There are also ~500 servings per 1 Liter order size. We test our products in house, we have it mathematically computed, and 3rd party measurement verified this. Any dramatic deviation from this reading is simply your own error in measurement or dosage. Now I apologize if the instructions were written poorly or not clear that you didn't understand it at first or anything like that, but we even tried to resolve the issue with you on customer support. You mixed incorrectly and refused advice on correct dosage after having questions about it, there's not much I can say to you.

I will send out a free product to someone on this forum to independently verify actual PPM values and post here. For you really to hold a grudge still based on your own mistake is really rather unbelievable to me!

Old 04-20-2012, 04:50 PM #34
Lowman
Keeper of the Bottom Line

Lowman has a spectacular aura aboutLowman has a spectacular aura aboutLowman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarepush3r View Post
Lowman, the B-Alive product raises PPM approximately ~250 when used at instructed dosages given. There are also ~500 servings per 1 Liter order size. We test our products in house, we have it mathematically computed, and 3rd party measurement verified this. Any dramatic deviation from this reading is simply your own error in measurement or dosage. Now I apologize if the instructions were written poorly or not clear that you didn't understand it at first or anything like that, but we even tried to resolve the issue with you on customer support. You mixed incorrectly and refused advice on correct dosage after having questions about it, there's not much I can say to you.

I will send out a free product to someone on this forum to independently verify actual PPM values and post here. For you really to hold a grudge still based on your own mistake is really rather unbelievable to me!
Bullshit!!! I did not measure wrong! You did not try and resolve it online either. You kept saying the same thing over and over again....instead of answering the questions and concerns I had. I am not dyslexic or have bad eyesight which you have tried to point out earlier.

You sir are a complete phoney tryin to cash in on the nutrient market with bogus crap.

Have a great 420. I can only hope your bogus website is shut down very soon so no one else gets duped...like I did.
Lowman is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 PM #35
squarepush3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowman View Post
Bullshit!!! I did not measure wrong! You did not try and resolve it online either. You kept saying the same thing over and over again....instead of answering the questions and concerns I had. I am not dyslexic or have bad eyesight which you have tried to point out earlier.

You sir are a complete phoney tryin to cash in on the nutrient market with bogus crap.

Have a great 420. I can only hope your bogus website is shut down very soon so no one else gets duped...like I did.
hi Lowman

I am not trying to make you mad or rile anyone up, but the dosage is .5 grams powder per Liter which is stated on the label and instruction. I tested this in the morning, and yesterday, also we have computer simulations which estimate ppm by formulations, and using at the correct dosage gives approx 200-250 ppm. There are 500 servings per 1 Liter size. All the tests and calculations also verify the range of 200-250 ppm.

I encourage you to remeasure right now and double check as you stated you still have some left over. The instructions can be seen right here again.
https://greenleafnutrients.com/PDF/BAlive.pdf
Again, this should be an easy matter to resolve, and I said I will send anyone experienced on this forum a free order to independently verify.

Also you may be surprised, but we don't profit very much from the nutrient market. In fact every other company I can surely say profit much more on a % basis and a whole number basis. Being fairly small now means we can't buy huge bulk orders of ingredients so we pay a bit more for materials than major brands.

EDIT: Also, Lowman, the last thing we want is for people to think we are taking their money being greedy. Please as I mentioned earlier we would love to give you a refund, we have full refund policy even shipping, email customer service privately for your money back and keep whatever product you have.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 PM #36
ole-possum

ole-possum is on a distinguished road
I have been looking for a nute thread with some sense in it all over the www and this looks like the first one I've found.

Been growing hydro for over 20 years now and the first thing I will tell you is I DON'T know what I am doing. I have used Dyna Grow, NSR Greeleaves, GH Flora and now Greenleaf Logic Grow.

I found Greenleaf Logic Grow on ebay a couple of months ago when I was looking for a reasonable price on cal/mag. I am not into additives and I don't know if the cal/mag is of any value. Theoretically a decent fertilizer has everything needed in it and when combined with tap water you don't need cal/mag or anything else. I have run into trouble the last few grows when I shifted the light time. I was switching from grow fert to bloom fert too early and/or not calibrating my pH meter often enough and always ending up with a lot of brown leaves. I wanted the cal/mag just in case calcium was a problem. I think my problems stemmed from operator error rather than nute deficiencies. If you don't have the pH right the nutes are useless.

Greenleaf cal/mag is dry and packed in a moisture proof envelope which is good. I haven't mixed it up yet so I don't know if it is any good and I really have no way of knowing short of repeating the same conditions over again with and without the cal/mag. I never seem to use the same set of nutes all the way through.

Along with the cal/mag was a sample of Greenleaf Logic Grow. It was sealed in a moisture proof envelope which was good. Moisture is a problem with nutes. As far as I can tell most of the dry formula nutes have a problem with the calcium nitrate that is used. If it gets hydrated it will cause problems with the other salts and so is usually kept separate necessitating a two part dry mix. GH makes a three part nute because of problems with potassium precipitating out I believe. Point here is that you can't mix everything up in one lump sum unless you can keep it dry and good luck with that as air has moisture in it.

I figured I would try the Greenleaf Logic Grow and see what happened. Did my usual routine of starting clones in my NFT set up. I didn't like the color of the Logic Grow but that is a minor complaint. One problem with the Logic Grow is that the various ingredients have a different size and shape to them. When you are scooping the material from the source you can get too much of the little stuff and not enough of the big stuff or vise versa.

I measured very carefully, both by volume and by weight. After mixing I diluted the solution a little as has been my practice. After two weeks my clones had not taken off the way they usually do. After three weeks I noticed I was about a week behind in the growth I expected. I gave up on the Logic Grow and went back to GH. In two days the clones all but leaped out of the gutter as they took off. I was very disappointed in the Logic Grow and would not use it again. I will pay for shipping water across the country before I try Logic Grow again.

The next dry nute I am going to try is Cropking Hydro-Gro. Check out Cropking yourself online. They appear to do nothing but hydroponics. They seem to sell to commercial growers so I am making the assumption they know what they are doing or they would not be around. Their Hydro-Gro is a two-part dry mix. As I stated before you apparently can't let the calcium nitrate get any moisture with the other chemicals.

I do have to say the nutes for cannabis are a lot of hype. I think the commercial growers must chuckle at the amateurs growing cannabis with all their additives and the RO water. I tried the RO water route and will say it is needless and can cause problems because you are removing micro nutrients from the water that are needed.

Fertilizer for cannabis is so full of hype and all these threads are full of shills that are pushing a product.

Greenleaf Logic Grow is a nice idea but they have a lot of work to do on their formula.
ole-possum is offline Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 12:27 AM #37
dramamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole-possum View Post
I have been looking for a nute thread with some sense in it all over the www and this looks like the first one I've found.
My advice...keep looking.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:41 PM #38
jammie
ganjatologist

jammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBioMaster View Post
That kinda sucks lowman, but your right, live and learn. Ive wasted a few bucks for sure in the past and it kinda taste bad..... If your looking for a really good affordable nutrient line check out Blue Planet Nutrients. Shoot the guy Corey an email and he will hook you up bro, with some quality nutrients. I think he will send you samples to try even possibly. This dude knows his stuff for sure. We tried his 2 part and 3 part with a pk booster and the stuff rocks and is super cheap.
i'm demo'ing blue planets organic line called farmers pride. not bad stuff. a couple of my bigger growing casey jones are showing some nitro deficiency. they recommend feeding with everyother watering and i think some plants need nutes with every watering. i think their offerring a deal if you do a grow thread
jammie is offline Quote

Old 05-09-2012, 05:54 AM #39
NeWcS

NeWcS will become famous soon enoughNeWcS will become famous soon enough
I did a grow with their logic grow in veg. In 12/12 With another off brand from eBay called QuickGrow bud with greenleafs blooming powder. I dont have one bad thing to say about any of the three products.

I just ordered GL's 1 part lucas formula and will be runningit on my next grow.

**EDIT** I also love the fact they ship your stuff to you for free and their prices are great.
NeWcS is offline Quote

Old 05-09-2012, 06:41 PM #40
ole-possum

ole-possum is on a distinguished road
I was just reminded of why I don't like the General Hydroponics Flora series. My solution tends to go to a low pH. When I try to add pH Up (potassium carbonate and potassium silicate) to the solution the the potassium precipitates out. I have to raise the pH with sodium hydroxide.

My plants are over one week behind. I think because I used Greenleaf Logic Grow.
ole-possum is offline Quote