What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1989 Super Skunk F4

Bud Jones

any one know anything about the SUPER SKUNK F2 cir 87 ??.

ran some a while back did not find what i was looking for but did make a bunch of freebie f3 and then some freebie f4, there out and about but i never really heard any one comment on how they for them.

also have some 90's super skunk from sense seeds, does any one know if NEV actually made those as well ??.

humm ..
I heard round the way that Shemp gave them to you and you gave them to Joe .. I’m doing an open pollination with them and see what I can find ...

q3corn

I'm excited to see what these do! I almost got some of these f4s but decided on a few other options of his. There was a lot of killer stuff to choose from :joint:

Greatdalas

any one know anything about the SUPER SKUNK F2 cir 87 ??.

ran some a while back did not find what i was looking for but did make a bunch of freebie f3 and then some freebie f4, there out and about but i never really heard any one comment on how they for them.

also have some 90's super skunk from sense seeds, does any one know if NEV actually made those as well ??.

humm ..

The 90's sensi super skunk is good

eyes

Veteran
The 90's sensi super skunk is good

For some reason mine hermied. I had high hope but it wasn't in the cards. I drove over the border to get the sensi skunk, and that one was a very good one. Yielded like a champ and great effect. I hear it isnt the same nowadays. The only other one I had that was good was there NL circa 1995 version.

Bud Jones

Here is some Super Skunk day 54
picture.php

noknees

Plant #8 is more vigorous and stinky, same odor the ladies have, but the males are a lot more intense. Keeping my fingers crossed it transfers to flower. First pic is both males. Second pic is my favorite male so far. I’m going to open pollinate these in a mini greenhouse outdoors this coming season. After this flower initial flower run I’m selecting my favorite female and do a “version a” and “version b” with both males to see which passes on the preferred terp and other qualities. I’ve decided I’m going to toss in a gang of other females elites as well, a chuck just for fun. Got Chem d, 91, 4, Leadville diesel, pre98 bubba, Millie sour d, mass super, TK, and a few others I can’t remember off the top of my head. I got a 4x4 breeding area and going to SoG it with 1 gallons and a 2 male in 2 gallons. Should be starting that in 6ish weeks, waiting for 3 clones to arrive safely

your #8 male sure sounds like a stud to me! (i'd call him cal ripken) no way this isn't all going to be awesome. light dep or no?

very best of luck, looking forward to all the shenanigans, esp come summer! :good:

7 days i

7 days i

Are these shots from the F4 seeds you got? If so, how’s the nose on yours? Thank you for sharing.

Here is some Super Skunk day 54 View Image

Another quick update.

I’m 7 days into flower on this room.

About 2 days before flip I pulled out the bottom right plant in the “L”. She was the runt I talked about at the beginning, she took forever to catch up and when she went into the final pot her sisters started filling their new space out quickly while she just lagged behind. So I put in a spare C99 Pineapple plant I had to fill that space. I have cuts of her and I’m going to flower her out outside with that free sunshine Incase she’s a mutant or strange plant. Here’s a pic of her before culling, she sat outta light since I pulled her so she’s stopped producing chlorophyll.
picture.php

The other ladies are just truckin along. The most vigorous lady in veg has been the most vigorous in flower so far. Beautiful lateral branching to fill out available space, takes an amended soil and feeds well. Hope she finishes with some stank terps. Here’s a side pic of her:
picture.php

Some above pics to see how branching is filling the canopy, going to keep pinching em back until day 10-11, let them finish stretching through day 14 then thin out the canopy for the long haul.
picture.php

picture.php

Bud Jones

Are these shots from the F4 seeds you got? If so, how’s the nose on yours? Thank you for sharing.

Another quick update.

I’m 7 days into flower on this room.

About 2 days before flip I pulled out the bottom right plant in the “L”. She was the runt I talked about at the beginning, she took forever to catch up and when she went into the final pot her sisters started filling their new space out quickly while she just lagged behind. So I put in a spare C99 Pineapple plant I had to fill that space. I have cuts of her and I’m going to flower her out outside with that free sunshine Incase she’s a mutant or strange plant. Here’s a pic of her before culling, she sat outta light since I pulled her so she’s stopped producing chlorophyll.
View Image

The other ladies are just truckin along. The most vigorous lady in veg has been the most vigorous in flower so far. Beautiful lateral branching to fill out available space, takes an amended soil and feeds well. Hope she finishes with some stank terps. Here’s a side pic of her:
View Image

Some above pics to see how branching is filling the canopy, going to keep pinching em back until day 10-11, let them finish stretching through day 14 then thin out the canopy for the long haul.
View Image

View Image
Yes they’re from Joe.. I’m now at day 59, they look like they’ll go 65 days ... They’ve got a rotted fruit foul stench with is whiff of skunk And something I can’t put my finger on .. I’ll update pics as I get close to chop .. They’ve got vibrant orange hairs with lime green hues .. I’ve cut off nutes and flushed, I can’t seem to get a fade going on but a lot can happen is 5 or 6 days or so .. Nice plants you’ve got going btw .. Subbed

Sorry for the gap in posts, the last few times I tried to sign in, it wouldn’t allow me then after some reading I found I needed to clear my browser cache and here I am.

The Super Skunk F4 ladies are rolling along, these pics In this update were from this week around day 30ish.

An overview canopy shot:
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

This lady is the most vigorous, stretch wise, and possess the strongest nose, so far. The nose is an old school funk, a pungent funk, not skunk yet, but a sharp acrid stench. Forgot to get a close up of a cola top for this one. Can’t wait til harvest to see if the vigor equals more yield or more fiber:

2nd Seed Plant. This gal is the stack queen of the 3, but the lightest in terpenes. It has a nice smell but just not as pungent as the others yet. We’ll see how she develops by the end,

Seed Plant #3 this is the most oily plant to the touch of these, this one is more like plant 2 In morphology, but with slightly less nodes in the stacking phase. Nose on this girl is alil more modern with light almost Tennis ball/acrid like smell. This one is growing on me slowly.

A canopy shot with the rest of the room, closest row in image are the ‘89 Super Skunk F4s:

kidkody

Prepping For Flower

Prepping For Flower

Just wanted to do another update as I prep for flowering these 89 Super Skunk F4s.

Up potted the four Super Skunk ladies into 7 gallon pots in one of my flower spaces. The four ladies are the 3 on the left and the one bottom center in an “L” shape.
picture.php

In veg these ladies have an acrid smell, not quite skunk yet but definitely a pungent, foul smell. In veg the lady below, #2 I believe, is the most vigorous and smelly to the touch of the lot, we’ll see if/how that transfers over to the flower side of things.
picture.php

On the male side of things, the 2 I have are pretty uniform in outward appearance, the primary difference is once again in vigor and stench. Plant #8 is more vigorous and stinky, same odor the ladies have, but the males are a lot more intense. Keeping my fingers crossed it transfers to flower. First pic is both males. Second pic is my favorite male so far.
picture.php

picture.php

I’m going to open pollinate these in a mini greenhouse outdoors this coming season. After this flower initial flower run I’m selecting my favorite female and do a “version a” and “version b” with both males to see which passes on the preferred terp and other qualities. I’ve decided I’m going to toss in a gang of other females elites as well, a chuck just for fun. Got Chem d, 91, 4, Leadville diesel, pre98 bubba, Millie sour d, mass super, TK, and a few others I can’t remember off the top of my head. I got a 4x4 breeding area and going to SoG it with 1 gallons and a 2 male in 2 gallons. Should be starting that in 6ish weeks, waiting for 3 clones to arrive safely ??

Oh yeah, lastly, this is the backstory on these seeds, hoping they hold true to this and produce what I used to see back in the day.
picture.php
Hey. Hope I’m not to late for the party. How did the greenhouse breeding go?
What’s the Leadville Diesel like?
Back in the day my friend found a bag seed in some “Leadville Love” bud and hit it to the NM NL#1. He called it 7th & F. It’s gone now.
He thinks the LL bud was some sort of AK cross.
Have any insight?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
''Super skunk was developed as a Skunk1 hybrid, so you already know to expect pungent aromas and intense effects. It was bred by David Watson, also known as Sam the Skunkman, and the Sacred Seeds team. He brought the stain over to Sensi Seeds, and the rest is history.''

Try Sensi's regs..

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
''Super skunk was developed as a Skunk1 hybrid, so you already know to expect pungent aromas and intense effects. It was bred by David Watson, also known as Sam the Skunkman, and the Sacred Seeds team. He brought the stain over to Sensi Seeds, and the rest is history.''

Try Sensi's regs..
Superskunk is a big cross (great memories with this strain) but it was never worked by Sam, skunk was it...

Edit: I realized later that it was a Sensiseeds quote ;)

goingrey

Superskunk is a big cross (great memories with this strain) but it was never worked by Sam, skunk was it...

Edit: I realized later that it was a Sensiseeds quote ;)
It's on the Sensi Seeds website but just in a blog post by some guy from LA.

Super Skunk is by Nevil is it not? Here's what he said about it:
Nevil@MNS said:
Super Skunk or what ever it's called theses days, was prime breeding stock. This will be in a lot of the new varieties today. I once did an analysis on sales statistics. Mine and Sensi's. Super Skunk is the number one variety sold by volume of seeds. NL5xHzC was the number one income producing variety. SS was cheaper.

It was AfgT (ML) that put some super into the skunk. SK1 had bud structure and caylyx to leaf ratio. The best thing about SK1 is the lack of leaf in the bud. Pull off a few fan leaves and your done. The trouble is, most skunks are bland and uninspiring. They are also the first plants in your grow room to show problems. I often used to use one as a canary in the mine. Spider mites love 'em. But SK1 is unparalleled for improving bud structure.

iTarzan

So a guy starts a thread because somebody had the same strain thread and never finished the thread and then he doesn't finish this thread.

Bad job Dreaded Farmer. Your Super Skunk breeding project thread sucks. LOL!

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
It's on the Sensi Seeds website but just in a blog post by some guy from LA.

Super Skunk is by Nevil is it not? Here's what he said about it:
Nevile was young man and he didnt breed much and thats the fact,he didnt have time to breed..again you are using qotes from other forums.

I belive more this guy from LA than this Neville from MR.Nice.... haze A and C are just Phenos described by Sensi's Jack Herer...grow it and you will see....go on Mr.Nice forum and qote us from icmag.....

Searching knowledge in Mr.nice forum is funny.

Nevile started his seed bank when he was around with Sam not before it....
Sam is the breeder,later owner of few cannabis companies...and guy that stands behind 200 mil pounds big resrch on cannabis financed by British goverment.

I dont get it,if all of you smoke that good cannabis how can you have such stuborn mind....shure you need another dealer or grow some good stuff.

Funny boiz....

P.s. why will sensi lie about their lineage publicaly ? ,if its not truth it can be easily sued in cort and Sam can take money from them.

Give me more Mr.Nice qotes.....🤣🤣🤣🤣

Please more grows and less qotes...
More expirence less stories.

Like people say cheese is sk1....hahah

Older dutch heads will shurley say shiva was nickname of nl x skunk that was smell like cheese...
But now will come someone with mighty qote from Neville and Mr.Nice....🙃🙃

Now I get it why man like Tom Hill act like that....in this forums..

Still waiting seed lineage that have all haze traits and quality, its ready in max of 84 days when you know how to grow...that is real breeding not some funny clowns selling seeds that need 130+ days and you still get what I harvested at day 65....

Its time to grow up Boiz...

Last edited:

goingrey

Nevile was young man and he didnt breed much and thats the fact,he didnt have time to breed..again you are using qotes from other forums.

I belive more this guy from LA than this Neville from MR.Nice.... haze A and C are just Phenos described by Sensi's Jack Herer...grow it and you will see....go on Mr.Nice forum and qote us from icmag.....

Searching knowledge in Mr.nice forum is funny.

Nevile started his seed bank when he was around with Sam not before it....
Sam is the breeder,later owner of few cannabis companies...and guy that stands behind 200 mil pounds big resrch on cannabis financed by British goverment.

I dont get it,if all of you smoke that good cannabis how can you have such stuborn mind....shure you need another dealer or grow some good stuff.

Funny boiz....

P.s. why will sensi lie about their lineage publicaly ? ,if its not truth it can be easily sued in cort and Sam can take money from them.

Give me more Mr.Nice qotes.....🤣🤣🤣🤣
If Sam says he bred Super Skunk I will believe it. @Sam_Skunkman did you?

If Sensi includes it in their official description I might believe it.

But if freelance writer, video producer, and media consultant Danté Jordan, aka Buzz Lightskin, aka Hike Tyson, aka Teddy Penthegrass just casually mentions this with no source in a blog post called "11 Best Indica Strains", even if commissioned by Sensi, I'm inclined to believe it may be incorrect.

Since when has Nevil being behind Super Skunk even been questioned? Even earlier in this thread it's said that the F1's were made by Nevil.

33-year-old Nevil after selling his company to Ben Dronkers surely would have had the time to hit an Afghan clone (AfgT, a "Maple Leaf" from Jim Ortega) with some Skunk #1 (Sam) pollen. Wasn't it actually his job? The thing he was busy with...

The reason people use MNS forums for info about Nevil's work is that it is the one and only place where he posted publicly. Why is that so funny?

Latest posts

Latest posts