What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dirty corner bar

M

Mr. Sparkle

I back up my previous comment Non "looking tasty", ill be following your next round ;)

non

Veteran
oh shiieet, the next project has to wait some time as some apartment complex renovation will happening during summer. see you later.

non

Veteran
yea it is. starting from seed the beginning is always so slow and boring, but surely picking up soonish.

Last edited:

non

Veteran
thanks. just some generic local potting soil mixed with perlite and about 60-70% of it reused. just water now and some biobizz stuff later.

Tri_Cho_Me

thanks. just some generic local potting soil mixed with perlite and about 60-70% of it reused. just water now and some biobizz stuff later.

Interesting! I've always heard reusing your soil is bad. Have you had good luck doing this?

I am planning to go no-till after my current supply of Fox Farms is gone.

Tri_Cho_Me

M

Mr. Sparkle

Interesting! I've always heard reusing your soil is bad. Have you had good luck doing this?

I am planning to go no-till after my current supply of Fox Farms is gone.

Tri_Cho_Me

Nothing bad about reusing soil, its what the environment does around us and has been for millions of years.

But saying that the issues that sometimes arise are high salt concentrations from people over feeding if using chemical and or some organic fertilizers, and or the material breaks down over time and needs to be replenished as say if you had a nice chunky airy soil in three runs or so it will get broken down somewhat and you will notice its more dense and or hold water longer cause of smaller particles, so depending on how you grow typically all you need to do is either mix in fresh amendments, and or mix in some new soil from time to time, when things would get low.

It all depends on how you want to keep your media of choice, ive been reusing my soil and soiless mixes for years

non

Veteran
^what Mr.Sparkle said regarding reusing soil.

topped, i'll start training at some point. gonna veg whole month since the stretch is moderate with leds. or been so far with strains that got reputation for that.

as long as you put "back" what went out, and replace (trow in garden) after it becomes dust its fine

i have a big crate in the shed, where i dump my soil in, mix in compost, some fungi to eat the stuff up and just leave it for few months

non

Veteran
possible quadrifoliate or just tightly packed stems?

Last edited: