What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colors of Infinity

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright! Looks like a full plate. Just what I like.

Everything is looking great man.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Breeding, with Good Vibes

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So the next step with Good Vibes is making parrallel family lines or versions of the same cross that the good vibes cut came from (Sativa Hashplant x Kush), using different individuals from the same parental family lines... then eventually begin interweaving the different versions focusing on isolating the Good Vibes expressions at each mating.

That's where I wanted to get your guy's help... only certain expressions are going to make it in to the GV gene pool so the cross's aren't going to carry the good vibes tag until they have been selected through and worked to a point... So I need help thinking of a codename that the crosses can be grown under, that we will all know is the line responsible for good vibes while the line is not good vibes its self as a whole.

So please guys (and any gals out there) brainstorm some codenames for the Good Vibes R&D crosses... if I get enough submissions Ill pick a few finalists and start a poll. And pending aproval from IC i'll send in some (juicy) prize packs for whoever comes up with the winning codename, maybe some prize packs for runner ups too... along with some testers and server fund gear once their all ready.

thanks in advance,
Peace

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
:woohoo:

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

So the next step with Good Vibes is making parrallel family lines or versions of the same cross that the good vibes cut came from (Sativa Hashplant x Kush), using different individuals from the same parental family lines... then eventually begin interweaving the different versions focusing on isolating the Good Vibes expressions at each mating.

That's where I wanted to get your guy's help... only certain expressions are going to make it in to the GV gene pool so the cross's aren't going to carry the good vibes tag until they have been selected through and worked to a point... So I need help thinking of a codename that the crosses can be grown under, that we will all know is the line responsible for good vibes while the line is not good vibes its self as a whole.

So please guys (and any gals out there) brainstorm some codenames for the Good Vibes R&D crosses... if I get enough submissions Ill pick a few finalists and start a poll. And pending aproval from IC i'll send in some (juicy) prize packs for whoever comes up with the winning codename, maybe some prize packs for runner ups too... along with some testers and server fund gear once their all ready.

thanks in advance,
Peace

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep....that's how stabilization is done. Isolating traits via family lines - stabilizing those traits independently and then Ix...stabilizing for two...Ix...stabilizing for three...Ix...Working out the latent expressions and recessive traits before adding the next new trait to the equation.

Someone gets it and sees the big picture... ;)

It'll be nice to see the development of a truly new STRAIN...vs a cross...

Good vibes...(pun intended) :respect:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Yep....that's how stabilization is done. Isolating traits via family lines - stabilizing those traits independently and then Ix...stabilizing for two...Ix...stabilizing for three...Ix...Working out the latent expressions and recessive traits before adding that the next new trait to the equation.

Someone gets it and sees the big picture... ;)

It'll be nice to see the development of a truly new STRAIN...vs a cross...

dank.Frank

:thinking:, That's why I am so glad Infi is back............lot's to be learned here. While breeding is something I want to do at some point...still picking up the basics and much to learn.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Names get confusing for me - I label mine by number and trait set. Within those set isolated lines - are different phenotypes...so those get letters a, b, c, d...

parent generation x parent generation - high yield iso - plant a#

parent generation x parent generation - resin iso - plant b#

dank.Frank

SourDank

Veteran

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

thanks in advance,
Peace
She really is one sexy gal you got there brother, can't wait to see her spawn come to life. As for a code name, will have to ponder that for a bit lol

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys,

my tabitha are coming along nicely, slowly but nicely, with some nice smells and some resin finally developing... I'll have a full update with pics and all that tomorrow.

She really is one sexy gal you got there brother, can't wait to see her spawn come to life. As for a code name, will have to ponder that for a bit lol

thanks man, your interest in the Good Vibes has been noted for sure ;)

ghostmade

Veteran
Sweet pics.
Tranquil vibes
Chilled vibes

Those are my 2 yiur welcome just tell me where to claim my prize:biggrin:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tabitha v1.1
Pure Tropical NLD x (Pure Tropical NLD x Sativa Dom Hybrid)

Group Structure Shot - you can see the tall lanky pheno on the right is completely out of frame because of her height.
picture.php

Lanky Equatorial Expression - 5 weeks flowering
picture.php

picture.php

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tabitha v1.1

There is another, strange and in some ways difficult expression... it is a strange combination of traits... they are identical to their equatorial mother in terms of plant sturcture (the stalk and branching patterns) and their leaf shapes but they are among the shortest phenotypes at the same time (which is weird)... then, after a full 5 weeks flowering they still look like vegging plants and only now have they begun to show sex and make preflowers... luckily they are small so it wont be a big deal to leave them in the corner of the room to finish should they take 6+ months to mature.

Wild Type NLD Leaf Detail - I know I am not the only one out there that enjoys seeing this dual serration trait... which these phenos are the only two who readily express this, I dont know that it is linked to any floral traits but I have noticed correlations between that and really potent sativa influenced effects.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tabitha v1.1

This phenotype (3 plants of this pheno) expresses a much sturdier frame with closer internodes, tighter flowers and faster maturation... at first I would say these look the most promising but they are also maturing faster

So... the slower ones could conceivably catch up in terms of resin and terp production and end being a higher quality/unique specimen when they eventually finish...
but at this point IDK, it seems to me like lots of other people would have culled the crazy lanky and long flowering plants as soon as they were spotted in favor for the heavier yielding, stonger smelling, faster plants... but I can't do that for the thought of having possibly missed out on something special due to being short sighted. So I risk spending 6+ months growing a plant that may end up yielding a 1/2 ounce of some schwaggy bushweed in order to find something special, LOL

anyways, now that I have ranted a little about what I think of the different expressions... here are some stucture and bud shots of the short pheno...

Short Pheno Plants - 5 weeks flowering
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tabitha v1.1

More Short Pheno Buds 5 weeks flowering
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

------------------------------------

The Nose

The smells are not super loud yet but they are really nice... and consist of sweet cocoa, a super sweet artificial flower smell and hand lotion combination, sweet fruity/melon and a touch sweet musty haze.

If the resin starts to flow here soon and these terps continue to get stronger and more complex then there are guaranteed winners to be found in this line IMO.

Breeding with Tabitha
I already collected pollen from the two non herm males, to make some F2's and a bunch of crosses to add some high quality REAL NLD traits back into alot of these watered down homogenized clones and crosses out there, I figure Tabitha can add alot of the venerable NLD triats to some of the Sat dom cuts out there while bumping up the yield and shortening the flowering time of Tabitha via hybridization... for those that might want some crazy sativas but without the hastle that the pure stuff brings to the garden.

That's it for the week 5 update, I'll get another update on Tabitha in another week or two... and more on the Punta Rosa, Ancient OG, Alaskan Ice and Phi Mystery once they go into flowering.

Thanks for checking out my shit,
Peace

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GIVE US MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what do you think I am, a machine? :biggrin:

other than some vegging plants there really isn't much... though I am working on a project outside the garden that I will be able to talk more about in another week or so probably.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tabitha is looking real good bro. Good job.

Im very excited to see how these do for you and what you do with it after.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Corpse I appreciate it... I myself cant wait to sample some and confirm it's potential.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hey Infini.. lovely work bro..

That leaf trait is also exhibited on the real exodus cheese cut. It's one of the hall marks and identifying factors. I think it's rather cool...