What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Designing our SFMHD

I think this is sort of in the realm of on-topic..

Can anybody elaborate on the important differences between the Neos machine and a reduced pressure steam distillation?

I'm a little unclear on what temperature the hydrodiffusion occurs at in the Neos that makes it so special. I've read that a reduced pressure (vacuum) steam distillation can boil at around 150 degrees F.

Wouldn't boiling at 150F preserve the cannabinoids?

Thanks for any insight. I'm fascinated by this too.

Cheers

Rickys bong

Veteran
I don't think that's gonna work UNREG, It's going to boil at high temp and has no control over pressure or temp.

RB

I didn't have time to try any other variations, but I ordered it and used it a few hours ago.
I put a decent ounce of dried buds in there, nuked it for 6 minutes and absolutely nothing distinguishable as oil was in the water! I used the the separating flask and everything but it literally is water. Not even a scent or a tint. I let it sit and condense before opening the door and followed all their instructions.

I didn't smell much herb coming out of the microwave either, so I'm a bit puzzled as to why. It would seem that it needs to be nuked longer but the ice core is gone after 6 minutes, so perhaps letting it condense for a few minutes and giving it another go with another core would help.

I'm not too concerned about it and I'll be trying a few more things before moving on to oranges etc. Perhaps fresher, damp herb would work better with the internal water content. Mine was pretty dry. Either way, preliminary tests don't look promising whatsoever. At least from a production standpoint.

Sorry guys.

Daub Marley

Keep adding moisture to the herbs until it works. Your going to end up with a hydrosol, but you can separate the oil and water with additional heat. Don't give up!

MEMED

Ok so I just want to bump this cus Im gon start posting pix when I get some time of the ethos im resurrecting. Im now either looking for a way to jump the smartchip login requirement on the program that interfaces with the microwave or use a program called 232analyzer as a workaround. I have an .ini file with alot of the info I need for the analyzer programs so...

I ran the easywave program in demo for fun today for abit... Cool stuff, it has things like microwave programs you can save and recall. Ramp settings, turntable settings, torque settings, rotor controls, magnetic spin bar speed control, pressure, temp, power sensor. It was all there.

All I would need to do for sfhd is stick a clevenger in there. Prolly even just an air condenser. Im quite confident all I would need todo to utilize gravity is flip this bitch upside down like the patent... I dont need a camera. The microwave has a feature that it can shut down @ a certain pressure.

Im getting excited. I might consider jammin my heidolph thru this betty.

MEMED

Thanks b to utube. I brushed up on my debugging skills. Im gonna give it a good crack in the morrow.