What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Designing our SFMHD

MEMED

This thread will be to discuss some next level stuff. It seems a new dawn is upon us. Lets talk of a way to realize this technology together. Respect to Krunchbubble for the brain fart!

MEMED

One company, that has at least one patent, makes this machine. What id like to figure out is whats it comprised of and how can we replicate it in the spirit of open source, or @ least for us behind closed doors, snicker! Is this exciting to anyone but me?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You might elaborate on what a SFMHD is.

MEMED

Solvent free microwave hydrodiffusion sir. The clear equipment one ups the tek by adding gravity. Microwave Hydrodiffusion and Gravity.

Last edited:
seems like IN-situ water is a necessity, wondering how that would work if the starting material is commercial grade hash oil. Sounds like fresh material would be best in this machine.

MEMED

theres enough moisture left in cooh i think..?

good input reg, lets get this thread moving!

Ok... who is going to be the first one to cut a hole in the bottom of their microwave? Haha. I was looking for pricing but had no luck finding anything. How about you, MEMED? You have definitely sparked my curiosity.

It seems like a rough prototype could be made fairly cheaply... Tell if I'm wrong but the two main pieces would be an adjustable wattage microwave and a condensing apparatus. I don't know what other big pieces to the puzzle I could be missing. I know I sound like I'm oversimplifying but it seems like less of an undertaking than some of the other things I've seen built by the great minds around here.

HG23

I wonder what temperature the water has to be heated to before the hydrodiffusion starts to take place.

If you search for a book called Microwave-assisted Extraction for Bioactive Compounds: Theory and Practice By Farid Chemat, Giancarlo Cravott, there is a nice little section explaining the process a little bit. It even uses the Milestone NEOS-GR as the exemplary piece of equipment and gives a few specs.

This is really cool!

HG23

This process seems similar to, or another method of, implying steam distillation. Would we still run into the issues GW talked about with extracting the diterpene cannabinoids?

jdee

What is the advantage of this method vs using distilled mystery oil free solvent that has been fully purged?

jdee

Curious about yield % relative to other extraction methods

800px-Pilot_microwave.jpg

MEMED

jdee, u see the potential for this now right? I jst noticed your post before about advantages over a processed concrete. I think in the right hands, this tek is next level. I feel its current implementation in the industry is lacking. From what im reading, the possibilities for continued innovation for us are there. Revolutionary?

Breakover

Drove by a yard sale today and they had a microwave and a dorm sized refrigerator for sale.

Gave me all sorts of ideas...

I think the sensible first step is to buy one of those home units from oilextech and do some tests on wet and dry trim/buds and BHO and see what we get.