What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Thanks for the photo, Doc. Those shishkabobs (sp?) look great, too! Bacon wrapped artichoke hearts, damn! I love grilling out, the food tastes so much better. I actually grill all winter, I have to shovel it out all the time, worth it. I found that if I wait all winter, I get a bit rusty.
Uncle- I think if you are allowed to make bold, outrageous, unfounded claims, someone should be able to call Bravo Sierra. Good for you, don't take any guff from these fucking swine!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the photo, Doc. Those shishkabobs (sp?) look great, too! Bacon wrapped artichoke hearts, damn! I love grilling out, the food tastes so much better. I actually grill all winter, I have to shovel it out all the time, worth it. I found that if I wait all winter, I get a bit rusty.
Uncle- I think if you are allowed to make bold, outrageous, unfounded claims, someone should be able to call Bravo Sierra. Good for you, don't take any guff from these fucking swine!

i know,i'm even getting nasty pm's...really made my morning,pretty damn funny

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Pfffff, they're that mad that their wild theories don't hold water? Just let them live in their fantasy world, where they get 5gpw off a single diode. It has to be nice there without all this lame reality. You must've woke them from their wet dream, I'd be pissed too, lol!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dunno what happened this morning but only one person showed for the ride which was too bad as it was pretty nice out today...cool and cloudy which was a nice change from last week...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Jestocost

What's your shifter/derailleur make, Unc?

I was a bike tech for a couple years. Never instinctive at it like some guys are but was decent. Your rig looks pretty clean/functional. A good thing.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
dunno what happened this morning but only one person showed for the ride which was too bad as it was pretty nice out today...cool and cloudy which was a nice change from last week...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

You must have been doxed for your comments on the LED thread. All your yuppy half hour donut eating coffee drinking people dont want to be seen with you.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Pfffff, they're that mad that their wild theories don't hold water? Just let them live in their fantasy world, where they get 5gpw off a single diode. It has to be nice there without all this lame reality. You must've woke them from their wet dream, I'd be pissed too, lol!

That last LED run I did was 1.46 or 1.49 GPW. It was a crappy run for me. But it was 4050 diodes. Just over 2600 grams.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I was a bike tech for a couple years. Never instinctive at it like some guys are but was decent. Your rig looks pretty clean/functional. A good thing.

it's SRAM eagle gx 12 speed with a sun race cassette which was only like 300 bucks for the whole thing....the only place i went cheap on this bike...it's a titanium frame salsa timberjack,120mm pike up front,industry 9 hubs laced to wtb rims,race face crank with absolute black 30 tooth oval chainring,i also have a stainless steel 32 tooth wolftooth oval on the CAMO system. brakes are trp spykes with paul components love levers,and hope floating rotors. and a paul boxcar stem,thompson elite setback seatpost,ergon saddle and grips...

and i have a salsa firestarter carbon fork for it and a set of 27.5 x 3 wheels on hope pro4 hubs and wtb rims...

yup,it's a long distance cross country desert rig,mechanical brakes for easy field service,no weight weinie stuff to break at the wrong time...
awesome bike,worth every penny,and there were a lot of pennies...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You must have been doxed for your comments on the LED thread. All your yuppy half hour donut eating coffee drinking people dont want to be seen with you.

they really aren't ever seen with me as i'm always trailing way behind them...

That last LED run I did was 1.46 or 1.49 GPW. It was a crappy run for me. But it was 4050 diodes. Just over 2600 grams.

View Image View Image

i just need to get an average of 2.4 oz per plant off my first led run to hit 1gpw which i never do with regular lights...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
i just need to get an average of 2.4 oz per plant off my first led run to hit 1gpw which i never do with regular lights...
The whole GPW thing is BS. There is no way I can use that to compare to anyone elses grow but mine. It really should be KPG instead. If you could compare your kilowatts used in the whole grow from veg to finish then it would be a better comparison.

So in essence what I posted above really has no meaning to anyone but me. You put your plants into flower when they are smaller than I do so yeah mine will yield more. They are bigger with more roots and foliage.

That is why in my 13 week scrog thread I posted all my power usage from start to finish. I cant remember what my usage was. I think the cost for everything except the cloning was about $10 per ounce. This included grow media, nutes, power ect.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
even more meaningless for me as this is the first run where i was doing the pH thing and a fresh water day once a week so really no comparison at all

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran

I agree. He knows what he's doing, and loves tearing them down and switching out parts between bikes. I still think he should open a shop some day if the weed market follows suit with Cali's price down turn.

I just got back from the Farmer's market. I must have got 20lbs of assorted tomatoes, cukes, potatoes, and squash. Ive got to get out the sauce mill and make spaghetti sauce to store for winter, with lots of fresh oregano, basil, and mushrooms. Its well worth the work.

Im going to get out and fertilize the plants in a bit. Ive had 55 gallon barrel bubbling for 4 days with Bu's blend, alfalfa, azomite, Epsom, calcium, molasses, activated char and fish emulsion.

I hope you are having a great day!
I am! My ex wife texted me this morning :biggrin:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:bigeye: man i must have really struck a nerve with the hydro-grow led (insert proper gender pronoun here)...

still getting rude pm's

all i did was ask for proof of the claims (insert proper gender pronoun here) made in an open forum that their lights could "beat the crap" out of a gavita or produce 2 to 4 times the yield of any other light...

:chin: hmmm,i'm detecting a faint whiff of bullshit...:biggrin:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:woohoo:hell yeah! usa usa usa! way to go womens world cup soccer team!

that was a good little nappy,time for some chores...gonna watch some world cup cross country mountain bike racing in a bit...yesterdays downhill race was insane...but in the cross country american kate courtney has been tearing it up this season after her stunning world championship win last year...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

they really aren't ever seen with me as i'm always trailing way behind them...

Yeah should have figured that they dont want to be seen with you. I mean just because you cant get 4 times what a Gavita does and all that.

When you start going for weight and not quality maybe they will accept you.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but probably not since i don't dress up in their riding kit so i'm not part of their shave legged biker gang...plus none of them smoke pot so who wants to ride with them anyway?:joint:

alrighty,getting hungry again already...think i will try and finish the game of civ6 i started the other day...time to build some nukes and fuck some shit up!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
but probably not since i don't dress up in their riding kit so i'm not part of their shave legged biker gang...plus none of them smoke pot so who wants to ride with them anyway?:joint:

alrighty,getting hungry again already...think i will try and finish the game of civ6 i started the other day...time to build some nukes and fuck some shit up!

:jawdrop:WTF is wrong with them?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: i mean what's the point of riding out into the middle of the desert if you don't get high?

it's always nice being up early for the sunday rides,really nice to be out riding along the ditchbanks at a super mellow pace even if it was super buggy in a few spots...the ditches were full to the top,lots of critters out,there was a bunch of turkeys but they ran off when i stopped...

just waiting for lights on...then trying to stay up late enough i'm not up at 4-5am for no reason...

Latest posts

Latest posts