What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pharmgold VaporHawg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Attachments

• thumbnail_20160527_171343.jpg
    thumbnail_20160527_171343.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 18

pnw bb

at the moment im running two mk4(10" collection) with 4 trs
as fall looms closer im planning on expanding and could see this as being feasible considering droppping 4k on 4 pumps and then running 8 pumps total could be replaced by 1?

does this still require aftercooling? or would a jacketed tank surfice?
i currently use coils and the idea of that seems inefficient
my idea is to switch to a jacketed tank and hook up to a cryo circ.

would that handle the heat exchange load of this pump?

also this would make a good piece of equip to have under ones belt as they transition from medical to rec.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A VaporHawg will easily run two 10" pots.

The VaporHawg requires a heat exchanger to remove the heat of compression, to return the butane to a liquid again. We use a counterflow heat exchanger and a Thermo Fisher Merlin 150 -15C chiller.

BigJohnny

It is very expensive to install and operate a system to temper the air to operator comfort levels year around, when you are exhausting at the rate of 100 cfm/sq.ft. of booth face area.

what exactly is booth face area? is that different from normal square footage somehow?

NugarifiK

I was about to pull the trigger on a VaporHawg for a small lab that has limited space for a compressor but now the $10k VaporHawg is $20kish after the M150 and exchanger? Damn.

I love the VaporHawg size and concept but now its cheaper to go with a compressor, Haskel, and all the accessory items.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was about to pull the trigger on a VaporHawg for a small lab that has limited space for a compressor but now the $10k VaporHawg is $20kish after the M150 and exchanger? Damn.

I love the VaporHawg size and concept but now its cheaper to go with a compressor, Haskel, and all the accessory items.

The Haskel also uses the same heat exchanger and chiller.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what exactly is booth face area? is that different from normal square footage somehow?

It is the area of the end of the room. Height X width.

Another way to visualize exhausting a room is to look at how fast the air must be moving, to convey what ever it is that you are trying move.

Look at the room as a column of air, height X width, lying on its side and moving from the back of the booth, to the exhaust in the front at a high enough velocity to convey any leaked LPG with it.

Table 4-1 in Industrial Ventilation, 17th edition, says that it takes between 100 and 200 feet per minute velocity to reliably convey a vapor released at low velocity into moderately still air.

Envision that column of air on its side moving at a velocity of 100 feet per minute, which is actually only 1.1 miles per hour.

Breakover

Swim had some minor - very minor - issues with his early edition vaporhawg. PharmGold is sending someone all the way across the country to fix/update/upgrade his hawg, no charge.

Top notch service! Swim is in love with PharmGold right about now.

dono

That's SO 90's. I'm not sure 3rd person/SWIM talk ever got anyone out of trouble even in the 90's.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Swim had some minor - very minor - issues with his early edition vaporhawg. PharmGold is sending someone all the way across the country to fix/update/upgrade his hawg, no charge.

Top notch service! Swim is in love with PharmGold right about now.

Pharmgold changed the way the pump and motor are mounted, so that things vibrated and moved around less when things got in a bind.

Instead of (8) individual vibration dampening mounts on the motor and pump, they are now mounted rigidly to a 1/4" stainless plate, and the plate is vibration mounted to the frame.

It also allows them to set the whole motor pump assembly on a surface plate, and adjust shaft alignments with a dial indicator.

Pharmgold products are designed to be the gold standard in the commercial botanical oil extraction market, so their policy is to supply a premium product and to develop a long term relationship with their customers, rather than rely on one time sales.

They sell other equipment and services that will sooner or later no doubt look attractive to satisfied customers.

Flying an engineer across the country both ways to install upgrades is an example of how seriously they take their gold standard market strategy.

hobb3s93

Can you provide a link to the heat exchanger you guys use? i didn't see one on pharmagold

also do you guys have any clients using the hawg with a px1?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you provide a link to the heat exchanger you guys use? i didn't see one on pharmagold

also do you guys have any clients using the hawg with a px1?

We have ours built to order and you can get details at sales@pharmgold.com.

Sorry, I don't know what all the VaporHawg is on now, but I'll bet Catherine in sales does.

HG23

Breakover has one and seems pretty happy with it.

Would you care to elaborate on your comment? Open ended criticism doesn't carry much weight for me personally.

GW, I'm still interested in the dimensions of the Hawg if you have that info handy, I can't find it on the Pharmgold site or the promo email I received.

Breakover

has anyone actually used one yet? I havent heard good things so far

The VH we have is the best pump we've had so far.

We run it on a mkV modded clone.

We've had tons of Appions, a couple TRS21s, a few caresavers, and a cmep-ol.

The only one I'd recommend to another person is the VaporHawg. Hands down it is the fastest and most reliable pump we've had over the last 4 years of doing this. It's a bit oversized for our application bi that just means it runs less.

Sidco_Cat

The dimensions are 41" x 17" x 20" (W x D x H)

Breakover has one and seems pretty happy with it.

Would you care to elaborate on your comment? Open ended criticism doesn't carry much weight for me personally.

GW, I'm still interested in the dimensions of the Hawg if you have that info handy, I can't find it on the Pharmgold site or the promo email I received.

Here you go!