Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Smartest way to run 3 plants in a 4x4 tent

Thread Title Search
Smartest way to run 3 plants in a 4x4 tent Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2020, 04:30 AM #1
nice fella

nice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nice
Smartest way to run 3 plants in a 4x4 tent

I've settled on a ROI E680 light in my 4x4 tent.

I can only run 6 plants in my state, so 3 at a time in the 4x4 flower tent. I will be using 10 gallon smart pots w/ coco.

What is the best way to maximize yield from said three plants in terms of positioning? Should i SCROG?

Thank you!
nice fella is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2020, 07:22 AM #2
MoS

MoS has a spectacular aura aboutMoS has a spectacular aura aboutMoS has a spectacular aura about
That what definitely be a good approach to it.

Fill out the screen and fim them several times over eg.
MoS is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2020, 08:07 PM #4
nice fella

nice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nicenice fella is just really nice
Thanks guys! Does matter if its

X
X
X

vs
X X

X

etc?

Old 06-25-2020, 08:25 PM #5
Mountainkush

Mountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud of
Just like to add that 10 gallon pots of coco is just a waste of coco and is unnecessary for such small indoor plants.

Are you hand watering?

Even 3 gallon smart pots would only have to be watered once a day.

Can’t help with the scrog, I grow too many different strains that finish at different times and would be a pain to harvest.
Mountainkush is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2020, 12:38 AM #6
indagroove

indagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainkush View Post
Just like to add that 10 gallon pots of coco is just a waste of coco and is unnecessary for such small indoor plants.
Agreed.

Maybe break the law and just grow 8 plants at a time instead. What is the penalty in your state for being over limit? Might be worth the risk. Doubt and judge would give a search warrant for 8 plants instead of 6 anyway.
indagroove is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2020, 03:03 AM #7
nice fella

Thanks guys. I am new and was told to get 10 gallon pots because only 3 plants with the equivalent of 1000 watts would need the room.

I can purchase 3 gallon pots no problem. Sucks I was given bad information!

Old 06-26-2020, 03:46 PM #8
Mountainkush

Mountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud ofMountainkush has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice fella View Post
Thanks guys. I am new and was told to get 10 gallon pots because only 3 plants with the equivalent of 1000 watts would need the room.

I can purchase 3 gallon pots no problem. Sucks I was given bad information!

I’m not an expert but I can give you some advice if you give me a little more info on your plans for feeding/watering, pure coco or mixed with perlite..
I don’t mind helping out.
Are you new to growing or just new to growing in coco?
I started out using 3 gallon fabric pots of coco watered once a day and now use 2 gallon hard sided pots watered multiple times a day. And plan to drop down to 1.5 gallon in future. All depends on how you want to water them. You can grow a huge plant in a small pot of coco as long as you water/feed correctly.

Also, the “growing in coco coir” sub forum under marijuana growing has lots of great info.
Mountainkush is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2020, 08:23 PM #9
nice fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainkush View Post
I’m not an expert but I can give you some advice if you give me a little more info on your plans for feeding/watering, pure coco or mixed with perlite..
I don’t mind helping out.
Are you new to growing or just new to growing in coco?
I started out using 3 gallon fabric pots of coco watered once a day and now use 2 gallon hard sided pots watered multiple times a day. And plan to drop down to 1.5 gallon in future. All depends on how you want to water them. You can grow a huge plant in a small pot of coco as long as you water/feed correctly.

Also, the “growing in coco coir” sub forum under marijuana growing has lots of great info.

Thank you, that's very nice of you. I'm brand new to growing. Read a few stickies on here, bought some beans and went for it!

I'm not sure if I'm going to add perlite or not. What do you think? I don't mind watering more than once a day, and I'm new to gardening in general so I worry about over/under watering.

I'm general general hydroponics basic nutrients fwiw.

Also: yesterday I put the hygrometer in the basement (where the tent is) and we're at about 68%F and 80 percent humidity down there...yikes.

Should I go ahead and buy the dehumidifier now? I assume I'll need it?

Old 06-26-2020, 10:06 PM #10
indagroove

indagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud ofindagroove has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice fella View Post
Thank you, that's very nice of you. I'm brand new to growing. Read a few stickies on here, bought some beans and went for it!

I'm not sure if I'm going to add perlite or not. What do you think? I don't mind watering more than once a day, and I'm new to gardening in general so I worry about over/under watering.

I'm general general hydroponics basic nutrients fwiw.

Also: yesterday I put the hygrometer in the basement (where the tent is) and we're at about 68%F and 80 percent humidity down there...yikes.

Should I go ahead and buy the dehumidifier now? I assume I'll need it?
I always use perlite with my coco; @ approx 2 parts coco to 1 part perlite. I've tried straight coco before, but I found that the perlite adds extra oxygen and drainage to the root zone, which plants really like.

Personally I use 2 gal square pots with several holes drilled into the side walls for extra aeration, then drip those 3x during the lights on cycle, with approx 10% runoff into a catch basic, then wet vac out the catch basin when it fills up.

Dehumidifier is needed if you live in a humid area to avoid mold issues.

This is what I got right now @ 4 weeks flowering cycle, coco/perlite, drip, drain to waste, under quality LED lighting:

indagroove is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.