Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

Thread Title Search
GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2017, 03:37 AM #1
Gr33nSanta

Gr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud of
GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

Hello everyone, I will use this space to help me keep track of stuff. This is not a thread where I will discuss yields, or my setup. I am a small scale advanced pollen chucker.

My main goals in pollen chucking are to find interesting rare cannabinoid profiles, great terpenes and great resin producers through pheno hunting.

I have 2 main categories, medicinal (high CBD varieties) and recreational (high THC varieties). I try to use the space in my flower room half recre and half medi.

I uploaded a few random pics, eventually I will use this thread to keep track of my crosses and post pictures of the cream of the crop.

If you are into CBDs, THCVs, THC, rosin, organics, LEDs, beneficial insects... this should be a good place to learn.

BTW, Ive started growing in 2011 and Ive been growing perpetual ever since without ever having to start over. It has been years since I have sprayed, I control pests strictly with beneficial insects.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0037.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	397848 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0047.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	397849 Click image for larger version

Name:	PA250076.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	397850 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0229-2.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	397851 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	397852

Last edited by Gr33nSanta; 04-14-2017 at 04:40 AM..
Gr33nSanta is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:04 PM #2
Gr33nSanta

Gr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud ofGr33nSanta has much to be proud of
the random spacebomb male I used is no good I think, second plant, from a different a different cross, Spacebomb X DragonFruit, Spacebomb X (BCD X CBC) , both hermied, at about 2 weeks flowering I could find balls while cleaning the lowers. I am going to slow down growing those seeds if I catch another one seeds will go in the trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3xOOJFn2mM
@50min ish subcool explains why breeding with males is important
@1hour4min he explains the origins of Jack the ripper which is in a lot of my strains.

Not much new, I have not popped beans for a while, I am dying to create though... I m trying to resist the urge to pop more beans I created in 2016 because I got an order coming from Breeder Retail, and from Seedsman. Got some old skunk#1 from Sam and also Sleestack x Sk1 and stuff from Chimera.

From Seedsman website I ordered the new CBD powerhouse Candida CD1

I need a new powerhouse, this week Ive let some of my keepers go, down to 7 keepers, but I m on the hunt to replace some..

(Pennywise X Senora Ampero) X Blue City Diesel me
Blueberry muffin pheno, running for the second time right now but I think it was around 60 days to maturity. If they come out like the first one did before revegging, it is the nicest plant I have ever grown. I have some 2 weeks in flower so should smell like blueberries in the room in about a month.

CBD Therapy from cbdcrew
Ive ran her a few times already, I love love this strain, I do think I have a pheno that has a certain amount of THC because it does get you high, and what a pleasant high. Because I am harvesting for higher CBD and lower THC, I harvest it earlier now, day 48, and by then she makes beautiful rosin, produce well squishing flowers. The first time I took it to day 60. This plant is super precious to me at least until I find better in the Candida line, but the therapy is likely to be in the garden for a long time and to be included in pollen chucks in the coming months.

Memory Loss from Archive seeds
My favorite plant in 2016, so great, great yield, great smell, great resin, the haze is very much present. I only grew one female and found this beauty. I take her down at day 67.

Chupacabra
I am not sure how long this one will stay in the garden, she is low yielding. I grew 2 females and chose the most resinous, both had the smell people refer to as the strawberry flavor though I am not getting it. The main reason I keep her around is her potential to be high in THCV and I also used a random male chupacabra in some lines that are also likely high in THCV. (jack the ripper, blue city diesel)

CBDQ7 Skylotus X (BCD X ( Pennywise X Senora Ampero)
This one was pretty much ready at day 56, straight purple for the upper colas an lime green underneath. Really stinky in the jar, I am gonna try to get it tested but so far I keep her around because it seems so strong, not sure if its CBD strong but its like a punch in the face followed by clear head high that seems to last for hours.

Chupacabra X (Pennywise X Senora Ampero) X Blue City Diesel #1
I have high hopes for this cross so I cloned the #1, only growing 2 females right now. This is my cross that could very well be high in THCV and CBDV

More Cowbell #4 Bodhi
I am looking forward to that one, I grew 2 females so far that I didnt keep but probably should have. So Ive cloned the #4 in case she is special, she just went in flowering. The first 2 I grew were identical, dense dense nugs, pepper and hashy smells.

in case some of you hang around, I always write the male first in a cross, so Pennywise Male X Senora Ampero Female, I think this is stantard. I may have access to a lab so all things CBD THCV are about to get way more interesting, I am also on the hunt for a few more high THC varieties as well but for now Memory Loss hits it.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:18 PM #3
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nSanta View Post
in case some of you hang around, I always write the male first in a cross, so Pennywise Male X Senora Ampero Female, I think this is stantard. I may have access to a lab so all things CBD THCV are about to get way more interesting, I am also on the hunt for a few more high THC varieties as well but for now Memory Loss hits it.
Female first x male second is standard botanical protocol.

When making non selfed fem seeds, the pollen donor is listed second as well.

Sounds like you've got a few interesting projects.
For CBD varieties you can set up a test at home that will detect the presence of CBD. However, you cannot quantify the amount.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288029
MJPassion is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:34 PM #4
Gr33nSanta

oh shit, I think it was years ago I read male first and now my whole seed collection is backward lol

I am disappointed at some of my latest creations, means I have to create new pheno hunting opportunities. I have not harvested any pollen for well over 4 months.

Looks like I couldnt wait for my seed order, dropped some beans in the water yesterday, Space Pussy F3s, TinyBomb? x Dr. Grinspoon, and a couple others.

Clone king has 36 slots I have it filled with like 12 different plants lol or more

woops, my new silly hilly billy soil mix is not right ... all this damn snow, I had to improvise lol. More Cowbell from Bodhi, I hope she bounces back!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_DSC0129.jpg
Views:	1756
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	399534 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0135.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	399535 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0133.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	399536 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0146.jpg
Views:	1823
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	399537 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0131.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	399538

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:44 PM #5
Gr33nSanta

Some pics of (((Senora Ampero X Pennywise ) X BCD) X Skylotus) #1

I dont think I will grow it again, not even sure if I have a copy in the veg room anymore, I am a little bit disorganized hence this journal...

And the last picture is a CBDQ#2 . got rid of the clone as well, she did much better this time. CBDQ line is almost identical to the strain above except the female (Senora Ampero X Pennywise ) X BCD) was a different one, insane resin production and a high that felt high cbd.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_DSC0136.jpg
Views:	1643
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	399539 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0139.jpg
Views:	1655
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	399540 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0141.jpg
Views:	1786
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	399541 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0142.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	399542 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0148.jpg
Views:	1720
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	399543

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:53 PM #6
Gr33nSanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Female first x male second is standard botanical protocol.

When making non selfed fem seeds, the pollen donor is listed second as well.

Sounds like you've got a few interesting projects.
For CBD varieties you can set up a test at home that will detect the presence of CBD. However, you cannot quantify the amount.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288029
also, I have done the home test kit from montana biotech company, a couple times, 2 or 3 years ago now. It still is expensive and can help you make decisions but does not give you results you can brag about lol.. just kidding. I want exact numbers, and plus I am super busy, this is just a hobby.

Sounds like I might be able to send samples to a lab pretty soon so I m just gonna wait, has anyone tried this technique Chimera explained?

Old 03-01-2017, 04:07 PM #7
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
impressive ...
~star~crash~ is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:09 AM #8
Gr33nSanta

2 plants in this pot, CBDQ2 and CBDQ5. one of them almost smells like chocolat. both nice. I might eventually grow more seeds from that line but I am done growing them seeds for now.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0742.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	401025 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0745.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	401026 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0746.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	401027 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0765.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	401028

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:13 AM #9
Medfinder

Medfinder is a name known to allMedfinder is a name known to allMedfinder is a name known to allMedfinder is a name known to allMedfinder is a name known to allMedfinder is a name known to allMedfinder is a name known to allMedfinder is a name known to allMedfinder is a name known to allMedfinder is a name known to allMedfinder is a name known to all
is that a mix of LED AN HPS?
Acts 2:38King James Version (KJV)

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Genesis 1:29 King James Version (KJV)

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Medfinder is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2017, 03:15 AM #10
Gr33nSanta

Similar to CBDQ, this seed line is Senora Ampero X Pennywise X BCD X Skylotus. The difference with CBDQ is the mother Senora Ampero X Pennywise was different. I am not sure that I will grow more of them seeds. I think I will have better results with the Senora Ampero X Pennywise X BCD X chupacabra vs the skylotus anyway ... this one is the skylotus X.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0768.jpg
Views:	1613
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	401029 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0774.jpg
Views:	1444
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	401030

5 members found this post helpful.