Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organic media & amendment suppliers in the UK

Thread Title Search
Organic media & amendment suppliers in the UK Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2015, 12:51 PM #41
raspaul

found some alfalfa pellets decent price £9 for a 20 k sack or £10 for 25 k sack, you can even buy it in hay form at- www.valleyviewanimalfeeds.com
blessed
raspaul

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:38 PM #42
amneziack

amneziack is on a distinguished road
On ebay you can normally find something pretty local. I'm stuck on a basalt supplier in spain, I am right thinking Granite is a good subsitute when using this recipe

1:1:1 base mix---peat, compost, aeration.

per cubic foot add

1/2 c neem seed meal
1/2c kelp meal
1/2c crab shell meal

1 cup rock dust
1 cup basalt
1 cup oyster shell powder
1 cup gypsum
amneziack is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2016, 08:39 PM #43
Ricow

Ricow will become famous soon enoughRicow will become famous soon enough
this one is in holland https://boerengoed.nu/index.php/produ...esteentemelen/
rockdust kelp guano etc

moms in da house:
NYC diesel
kandy kush
somari
lavender kush
la confidental
amnesia haze (old cut from back in the days)
skunk#1
cheese dawg
shiesel
so purple

elemental grow
Ricow is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:29 PM #44
amneziack

amneziack is on a distinguished road
terrabla.fr - got azomite - basalt - zeolite - very good post options
amneziack is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2016, 04:18 PM #45
weedtoker

weedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the roughweedtoker is a jewel in the rough
So first, I have to thank you for all the effort put into this thread, even inside a country, there's usually enough disparity to cause a little chaos in our minds at first glance. I will add inn my experience from Europe based on Iberia...

My base mix uses store bought soil and compost/ewc. I do think they're only making biz in POR/SPA, so not much of a help for here. If you're in Iberia do a search for SIRO, the "aromatics" mix and try a bit, lots of ewc, no sterile aeration, etc.

I try to source my things around either bought or collected. Having said that when I really need I have a nice hydro-store kind thingy in the country (I think they send abroad too) that has more than one kind of guano, lots of other amendments (neem meal, kelp, fish,guanos etc) that is urbicult-pt.

Many other stuff that I buy comes from agriculture shops, animal feed stores, etc. It took me a year to finally give in and do like others, search in the real world for alternatives.
- Oyster Shell? Try it in the pet store or animal feed, it's used for grit in birds remember?
- If you want mulch and don't want to colect/are afraid of pests, try again the animal store for bunny/rodents litter, it's usually made from wood shavings and comes compressed as coco-bricks (dirt-cheap too cause it's a by-product).
-Or alfalfa for example. The country where I live doesn't have so much alfalfa/lucerne) produce per year. Reasons apart, you may find it in straw for animal feed, or seed for cover crop.
- If you want rock dusts go to/contact places that cut, separate stone, etc.

And that's about what I remember for now. Cheers
weedtoker is offline Quote

Old 08-28-2016, 02:22 PM #46
vikinglace

vikinglace will become famous soon enough
@VerdantGreen - could I ask what silicon source you use / recommend? I've been using plant magic bio silicon but can't get any detail from them as to what's in it. I'm not comfortable with the humic content without detail.

Haven't been able to find any agsil etc locally. There's a number like vitalink , GT Liquid silicon etc. I'm growing LOS.

Thanks
vikinglace is offline Quote

Old 08-28-2016, 02:44 PM #47
vikinglace

vikinglace will become famous soon enough
And of course potsil
vikinglace is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2017, 12:49 AM #48
TnTLabs

TnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by amneziack View Post
On ebay you can normally find something pretty local. I'm stuck on a basalt supplier in spain, I am right thinking Granite is a good subsitute when using this recipe

1:1:1 base mix---peat, compost, aeration.

per cubic foot add

1/2 c neem seed meal
1/2c kelp meal
1/2c crab shell meal

1 cup rock dust
1 cup basalt
1 cup oyster shell powder
1 cup gypsum
where in spain did you get the oyster shell powder, rock dust and gypsum? thanks

Old 01-30-2017, 12:54 AM #49
TnTLabs

TnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to allTnTLabs is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedtoker View Post
So first, I have to thank you for all the effort put into this thread, even inside a country, there's usually enough disparity to cause a little chaos in our minds at first glance. I will add inn my experience from Europe based on Iberia...

My base mix uses store bought soil and compost/ewc. I do think they're only making biz in POR/SPA, so not much of a help for here. If you're in Iberia do a search for SIRO, the "aromatics" mix and try a bit, lots of ewc, no sterile aeration, etc.

I try to source my things around either bought or collected. Having said that when I really need I have a nice hydro-store kind thingy in the country (I think they send abroad too) that has more than one kind of guano, lots of other amendments (neem meal, kelp, fish,guanos etc) that is urbicult-pt.

Many other stuff that I buy comes from agriculture shops, animal feed stores, etc. It took me a year to finally give in and do like others, search in the real world for alternatives.
- Oyster Shell? Try it in the pet store or animal feed, it's used for grit in birds remember?
- If you want mulch and don't want to colect/are afraid of pests, try again the animal store for bunny/rodents litter, it's usually made from wood shavings and comes compressed as coco-bricks (dirt-cheap too cause it's a by-product).
-Or alfalfa for example. The country where I live doesn't have so much alfalfa/lucerne) produce per year. Reasons apart, you may find it in straw for animal feed, or seed for cover crop.
- If you want rock dusts go to/contact places that cut, separate stone, etc.

And that's about what I remember for now. Cheers
good point!

Old 02-21-2017, 11:31 PM #50
DarkKaya

DarkKaya is on a distinguished road
TLR - no one used mature horse shit?

Great thread, Just looking into organics, is horse / chicken shit out if the window cuz of vet drugs and or smell.

I was just going to do it the "old" way I used years ago, johning number 2 mature horse crap 2:1 with a 20% helping of granite fish tank gravel unwashed a few garden worms mixed up in a black bucket with air holes and throw in a couple of organic apples / pears chopped down, wait a few weeks until apples have broken down and give it a good mix, use a riddle to get the worms out and check there health a good indicator of soil health, move the soil to a sealed black bucket wit a good mix of used mushroom compost for a couple of days, actually a old time grower told me to freeze mix for 48 hours instead of sealed bucket to stop it going sour, then loosen it through with more gravel and plant seedling / cutting and water as required to havest... But this was back in early 90's when then only place to get skunk seeds where the sensi shop in the dam.

It's all got technical. But I got to say, the results seems much better, but is it the lights, soil, seeds? Used to grow in bubble wrapped greenhouse too in line with natural season.

Cool link in this thread though, nice.
DarkKaya is offline Quote