What's new

Who Are The Coconut Crew? #TCUK

Spaventa

Veteran
Very interesting subject,,, tc applications in reference to auto flower genetics,,

Has it been established what the real trigger is,, hormone,, chemical,, auxin, etc,,, ratios?

Well auxin/hormones are the morphogens than makes the plant flower but autos just start making them, ya know...automatically so nothing triggers flowering but age/time. Just like humans and adolescence/puberty.

Interestingly, transfusions of blood from young people into old people actually rejuvenates the recipient AND vice versa ie. old folks blood prematurely aged young recipients.
It would appear autos are like us... they have a genetic timer/clock.

The other side of the coin with this idea is that, in theory, if humans could adapt to be like photoperiodic plants, we could live indefinitely as kids as long as we get 18/6 :)

They have drugs these days they are giving to kids to stop them developing sexually. It’s an evil practice that facilitates subsequent gender “reassignment” once the child is legally adult, and completely brainwashed.
Anyway, I wonder if such a drug could be found to “pause” the development of autoflowering plants?! Then you could keep auto mothers and make clones normally. You just stop giving the chemical when you want them to flower.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since ruderallis is a recessive trait, and limited time before plant expires (unlike photoperiods or annual) I've not heard of autos successfully being part of TC. Not to say it can't be done....I'll see what I can discover.

When you Google different forums from several years ago, people are excited to try with autos....but nothing definitive....posts fall off. There are no results I found. Will keep digging.

It's not as easy as it sounds....tissue culture.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for joining the discussion aridbud. I'm sure we'll learn something along the way.
Btw I may have mentioned to you before that I'm not against autos, I just don't like em because ya can't clone em and therefore a repeat grow isn't possible. If this tek is a game changer it may chang my opinion of autos.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since ruderallis is a recessive trait, and limited time before plant expires (unlike photoperiods or annual) I've not heard of autos successfully being part of TC. Not to say it can't be done....I'll see what I can discover.

When you Google different forums from several years ago, people are excited to try with autos....but nothing definitive....posts fall off. There are no results I found. Will keep digging.

It's not as easy as it sounds....tissue culture.

It's actually easy,, just difficult to maintain,, people can't just keep a sterile zone clean for extended periods of time,, that's why the bags are brilliant

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The concept of synthetic seeds is what first attracted me to learn more about TC.

I have just bought in some hydrogel spheres,, i was thinking of using capsules,, but it's not a done deal yet

I would love to know the legal status of synthetic embryos,, embryogenis is a really interesting section to this kit

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well auxin/hormones is the morphogen than makes the plant flower but autos just start making them, ya know...automatically so nothing triggers flowering but age/time. Just like humans and adolescence/puberty.

Interestingly, transfusions of blood from young people into old people actually rejuvenates the recipient AND vice versa ie. old folks blood prematurely aged young recipients.
It would appear autos are like us... they have a genetic timer/clock.

The other side of the coin with this idea is that, in theory, if humans could adapt to be like photoperiodic plants, we could live indefinitely as kids as long as we get 18/6 :)

They have drugs these days they are giving to kids to stop them developing sexually. It’s an evil practice that facilitates subsequent gender “reassignment” once the child is legally adult, and completely brainwashed.
Anyway, I wonder if such a drug could be found to “pause” the development of autoflowering plants?! Then you could keep auto mothers and make clones normally. You just stop giving the chemical when you want them to flower.

I'm wondering if a root or folar application of hormone inhibitors could prove the triggers

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pro Mycologyist is what I'm missing atm,, I'm a good shroom grower but I want a real lab guy,,, i have the a biochemist called Cal who did the shogun and Vitalink lines interested covering the biochem side and potential marketing

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm consulting on a there new cbd flower line,,, il suggest a look at cbd auto flowers but I don't think she will take any interest,,,, that's the problem bro,, your soloution is your soloution,, other people work on there own soloutions,, i try to be bipartisan

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

This is where the bag and the internal bags are a pretty big evolution on the game,, the blue bag is self sterilising with uvc,,it's an incubation chamber,, it packs away and pops up totally sterile

It's a problem solver,,

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mycotopia.net doesn't show any worthy info on autoflowers tissue culture.

Try it and report back.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79105&pictureid=1920605&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79105&pictureid=1921117&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79105&pictureid=1921118&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

This is where the bag and the internal bags are a pretty big evolution on the game,, the blue bag is self sterilising with uvc,,it's an incubation chamber,, it packs away and pops up totally sterile

It's a problem solver,,

With that....go for it!!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mycotopia.net doesn't show any worthy info on autoflowers tissue culture.

Try it and report back.

We need to figure out the triggers,, if it's just a build up of hormone inside the tissue similar to rooting without stims,, then maybe a inhibitor could bring a true auto flower back to veg

If you forced calus culture from a leaf explant,, i don't see why you couldn't hold it in callus state,,,

Have you guys thought much about callus culture,, it's an important part of the kit,, it's called indirect oganogenisis

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We need to figure out the triggers,, if it's just a build up of hormone inside the tissue similar to rooting without stims,, then maybe a inhibitor could bring a true auto flower back to veg

If you forced calus culture from a leaf explant,, i don't see why you couldn't hold it in callus state,,,

Have you guys thought much about callus culture,, it's an important part of the kit,, it's called indirect oganogenisis

Due to ruderalis gene pool (autoflowering traits), I think that's why it's been unsuccessful, thus far. Perhaps with "super autos", longer flourishing plants that harvest in 110+ days you might tc....but typical ruderalis does not like being disturbed in their 60-85 day life.

From another forum, last entry 2017:
"Autos appear to have no way to reset the clock in them that times flowering.....

.......I'm just shooting in the dark here, the matter isn't something I've been reading about since I gave up cannabis TC long ago.. But the clock of auto's might be influenced by telomere length, like in some other plants, which would explain why it's nearly impossible to revert them to their 'ground state'. It would explain the large difference in growth periods of AF strains as well. A simple electrophoresis of genomic dna would prove or disprove that; if older plants have shorter strands compared to seedlings, the answer would be right there...."

So, coconut crew....prove what others have tried and none have come to fruition!!! Perhaps inquire at local universities with horticultural programs.

Seeds are no big deal....successive plant. Growers are happy.

Autos aren't for all, but it's no longer a niche` market with improvements in strain potency, yield and stature.

Spaventa

Veteran
Indirect organogenesis looks exactly like what I invisaged :)
I nice 6” auto seedling should make 30 explants at least. From the diagram, it doesn’t look like ball ache either.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Using the Coconut Crew name,, that's cool in my book,, its who I am nowadays,, it's the support network I've sorta launched,,

I love a challenge,,just got too many on atm,, i wont hit autos just yet,, I've got alot of work to do on the website and video content,,, but I will try playing with auto callus culture and see what happens after prolonged storage in calus state

Hmm,,, im not vibing with telomere triggers,, it's not division issues,, like when telomeres degrade and they can't replicate causing a downward health spiral,,

I have a feeling its a hormone,, similar to what builds up in darkness when we are in 1212,,, i bet it just builds up in the tissue with autos and there is some sort of reuptake system that stops normal veging plants from flowering,, just a guess

Latest posts

Latest posts