What's new

Who Are The Coconut Crew? #TCUK

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I don't want to send out a half ass kit,,,so loads of work still needs doing,,, the videos, the tutorials, the written manual, my sop's are all in my head,,,I need to get all the concepts out of my head and bounce it of someone,,,It's been really difficult to do this in a total vacuum ,,I probably would have finished it now if I had bags of money like I did back in 2006,,,but honestly I'm forever chasing the next grow ATM, I've had 8 grows busted before the first run has come in,,every single one cost a fortune to set up too

I need to be able to explain everything to someone and not worry that they are going to steal everything or sell it,,,,,i kinda need to see someone's face light up as shit starts to click,,,if I had loads of money like I did back in 06 I'd have it on the shelfs in hydro shops by now but i dont,,,I've just not had the energy for it while chasing paper

The bag has a uvc light inside,, look close and you can see it,,,uvc is super useful,,if you want to be fully sterile you need to use uvc,,,

Yes you can recover a plant from the roots ,,its called indirect organogenisis,,it's almost an identical process to meristem culture,,but you need to grow calus first and then differenceate into shoots and roots ,,,

shit should have changed by September,,,,,hopefully this attempt at coming back to normal pulls off without any issues ,,I've been plagued by shit people fukin with my life for years now,,honestly its like every few years a major player in my life will show true colors and it will fuk with me harder than i like to admit,,
I saw another old post from someone no longer a member that said any UVA or UVB will kill the project. Did not mention UVC which is most harmful. Claimed 1 second exposure would ruin it. I thought to sterilize glovebox or flow hood.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a common feature in air hoods,, most have uvc fitted,,,I'd say its an essential feature to keep them sterile,,

Are you familiar with the clean light,,,it's a uvc light that you are supposed to shine over pm to get rid of it

It's a good question,,,I've not figured out how much uvc it takes to kill a plant and what it looks like,,,that's probably something I should test

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Just had a quick flick though this thread and i find it very interesting. I'd love to take a few cells from a plant to produce clones, it's the mad scientist in me as i've tried something similar before. I managed to get a leaf with the stem and half a leaf to root as an experiment. The leaf with the stem rooted fine but took ages to grow into a branching plant These were under a 2ft x 2 18w T8's The half leaf rooted a little but soon died. That would be down to the compost, coir and perlite not being sterile.
How much UVC will kill a plant, it's 1 question i can sort of answer. I left a pond sterilizing light 2ft over some plants with spidermites, rooted clones about a week after rooting and i left them on for about 4-5 hours and out of 6 plants they all survived the light but started dying in the days and weeks after. I believe the DNA was corrupted too. 1 clone started putting out 3-4 branches from 1 node. That would've been in 2003ish. UVA & UVB do little for the plant's growth, (same with inferred) and there's conflicting information on whether UV-A/B do anything to the potency and trichome production of a plant.
Some growers use UVC lamps in the ducting on intake fans and UVC pond filters in recycling hydro systems so all the bacteria and small beasties die before getting to the plant. Rick if you want to play with some dwarf autos PM me.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Epic post bro,,,I'm vibing on that

I'm really interested in causing mutation via wave application,,potential improvements on colonials?,,,Uvc is basically just a wave,,,the more I think about wave application the more interested I get,,

old Dutch greenhouses use uv nute filters, ,uvc fuks with iron in the solution,,,you end up micro managing mono elements,,,I prefer just to remix a fresh batch of nutes and dump the old tanks,,it's probably more cost effective to do the mono job tho

uvc filters for air con are essential,,,il be trying bipolar ionisation in the future too,,the LG deluxe has plasma filters i think,,,the opticlimate NEEDS uvc custom fitted

On the subject of your dwarf autos, have you ever considered using an ethylene receptor plug to stop it from auto flowering so you can make it a colonial,,,maintaining autos so you can mono culture is another realy interesting subject ,,,

See this is my problem,,,too much shit bouncing round my head ,,if I could focus properly I'd do this job and we would have an end to this thread

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just had a quick flick though this thread and i find it very interesting. I'd love to take a few cells from a plant to produce clones, it's the mad scientist in me as i've tried something similar before. I managed to get a leaf with the stem and half a leaf to root as an experiment. The leaf with the stem rooted fine but took ages to grow into a branching plant These were under a 2ft x 2 18w T8's The half leaf rooted a little but soon died. That would be down to the compost, coir and perlite not being sterile.
How much UVC will kill a plant, it's 1 question i can sort of answer. I left a pond sterilizing light 2ft over some plants with spidermites, rooted clones about a week after rooting and i left them on for about 4-5 hours and out of 6 plants they all survived the light but started dying in the days and weeks after. I believe the DNA was corrupted too. 1 clone started putting out 3-4 branches from 1 node. That would've been in 2003ish. UVA & UVB do little for the plant's growth, (same with inferred) and there's conflicting information on whether UV-A/B do anything to the potency and trichome production of a plant.
Some growers use UVC lamps in the ducting on intake fans and UVC pond filters in recycling hydro systems so all the bacteria and small beasties die before getting to the plant. Rick if you want to play with some dwarf autos PM me.
Just thought I'd mention,,

So you got a leaf to root,,,,that's because you added clonex and maintained it well,,,when adding clonex you imballanced the auxin : cytokinin ratio causing first calus and quickly root differenceateion,,,once root differenceateion has been accomplished you needed to swing it in the opposite direction towards auxin to cause shoot differenceateion,, it took a while for the plant to flip it on its own and you got there in the end but you could have hit the gas peddle and hit it with an auxin heavy application quickly after it had rooted

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I didn't use any cloning powder or liquid on those, i just had them in a sterilized heated tray n lid and sprayed them every 4-5 days with a very weak biobizz grow solution and a few drops of peroxide in the water, and it was in mosly perlite and coir with a small bit of peat to hold the moisture. I was very surprised they even rooted with just a leaf and leaf stem, I did trim the leaf prongs in half, which i think helped loads, like you'd do anyway cloning. If i were to do it again, i'll leave the peat compost out so it's a little more sterile, and just use perlite and coir. and keep a very close eye on the water level, as the coir bring up the water from a pool of water about 2-3mm deep.

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it rooted, then it managed to build up enough internal chemicals to cause root differenceateion ,,,,,usually you need to add shit to cause the imballanced ratios move towards a specific differenceateion

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I Hardley ever use rooting powder, instead aspirin/salicylic acid from willow trees is pretty much all i use, as there are loads of trees 30ft from my door. I just use new thin branches and bash them with a hammer before soaking them for a week or 2. It does take a day or 3 longer compared with powder .

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I didn't use any cloning powder or liquid on those, i just had them in a sterilized heated tray n lid and sprayed them every 4-5 days with a very weak biobizz grow solution and a few drops of peroxide in the water,
BioBizz Root Juice as a foliar spray is the stuff to use

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Bio-bizz are a great company, i still use there products but not in the doses i use to use. I make my own soil up now i can't get ant with peat in it. I can online but it's way to expensive to have it delivered unless i buy a pallet or 2. B&Q had the best potting compost i've used but the last bag a bought was 2–3 years ago now, and they had changed to peat-free after that. I thought i'd give it a go, NEVER AGAIN will i use it on its own like you could with peat potting compost. I've got 75-ish litres left, so i've been adding 30-40% worm-casts to it as well as 10-15% perlite. Now it's working well. 1 major problem with all peat-free compost is the fucking orange mushrooms.

Latest posts

Latest posts