Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Making Bubble Hash with Bubbleator

Thread Title Search
Click to buy Cannabis Seeds at Fast Buds
Making Bubble Hash with Bubbleator Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2013, 02:12 AM #1
gaiusmarius
Super Moderator

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Making Bubble Hash with Bubbleator

after many years of making my bubble hash with my 8 bag kit of 20 gallon bubble bags, i finally decided to get a bubbleator to save on labor and time.

i realized that it should make things easier and even improve the quality of the end product a bit if done right. so this made me decide to get one from a local store. the one they sold was the pollinator company version. i have to say that it has a slight leak some where at the run off hose connection under the unit. it's a very slight leak, but still kinda annoying.

anyway it did make some very nice looking hash, i did notice some traces of crap in the macros, and realized that i forgot to let the trim re hydrate in the water before turning the machine on. this cased all the dry brittle trim to get battered into small bits letting out chlorophyll in to the water and tinny bits of leaf in the bubble. still this was just a trail run, i have a bunch of trim i need to run.

what i did like is the color, due to the short conntact time with the water the trichomes are not green at all, even the third run has a nice color and texture. it also looks to have yielded quite well all things considered.

gaiusmarius is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:18 AM #2
mack 10

mack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant future
looks great, been after one for ages too. saves all that arm work..
mack.

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2013, 02:26 AM #3
gaiusmarius
Super Moderator

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
73 bag, best way to get rid of the bubbles...

starting dry frozen weight of the trim for the record, will be weighing the yield too out of interest. just as soon as it's dry.

first run at 9 minutes of washing

my trusty old set of bubblebags ready and waiting to do their magic. OH YEAH! nearly forgot to mention, these machines come with a 220 net bag, plus a small 220 and 70 set of 1gallon bbags. so that means if i was using their bags only not my own 8 bag set, i would have lost all that hash down the drain that you see under 45 and 25 in the pics, quite a pile!. now that's irresponsible. the leak is one thing but letting people throw away all the 45 and 25? ok the 25 maybe, but the 45, really? fucking really? i can't believe it myself. i hope bubblemans bubblenow is better thought through. with outdoor or small trichomed material you can get some superb stuff from the 45, even the 25 can be used for some thing.

Album link: https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=30699

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:43 AM #4
MMAjay420

MMAjay420 will become famous soon enoughMMAjay420 will become famous soon enough
looking great man
MMAjay420 is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2013, 07:09 PM #5
gaiusmarius
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack 10 View Post
looks great, been after one for ages too. saves all that arm work..
mack.
Hey mack 10, yeah it sure does save all that sitting there and mixing. and it really allows you to save time over all too. i did 4 runs in the end in the time i usually do 2. and both the 3rd and 4th run were worth doing and still didnt look green at all. although i am disapointed in the leak and the missing 25 or 45 bag with the machine. but if you have your own bags it's an awesome help, although to be really i regret not getting the xl version. have another old batch of trim to do before i can star using the real dank trim from my more recent grows, with cheese and sour diesely genetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMAjay420 View Post
looking great man
thank ya kindly. starting a new run today, but before that i wanted to post up some dry shots. i went for an experiment with the drying process, leaving the 73 from the second run in it's original patty, looks really nice i think you'll agree, hehe. but it's clear that it's taking longer to dry then the other samples which i broke up while they were still soft. despite that though even the small bits are still bendy, lol, so either there is still some moisture, or it's actually pretty damn clean. anyway check out the dry shots....

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:59 AM #6
mack 10

mack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant future
i'm coming to yours, bubble bubble.lol now i gotta get one.
also like the bubble removing trick on the 70 bag.

i've actually got to get a new set of bags, i finally wore out my original's
dam, made like 10year's of bubble,,,lmao.
mack.

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 08:11 AM #7
mack 10

And what's the white sheet? some type of dring/pressing screen? looks like kitchen roll, but that would just end up a sticky mess.
mack.

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 06:41 PM #8
gaiusmarius
Super Moderator

Quote:
i'm coming to yours, bubble bubble.lol now i gotta get one.
also like the bubble removing trick on the 70 bag.

i've actually got to get a new set of bags, i finally wore out my original's
dam, made like 10year's of bubble,,,lmao.
mack.
yeah the sprayer is essential also for centering the pile of bubble. you can use the sprayer like a trichome broom to sweep everything into a nice pile in the center of the screen.

after lending my bags out without much instruction i noticed that some people use the actual screen in the bag to get the moisture out by pressing. this is a big mistake and will gum up your bags in short order. one should collect the resin while it's still soaking wet with a spoon. this way the screen stays clean and the bags will last much longer without having to use nail polish remover to clean the screens.

did another batch yesterday, must have been better trim, as it' smells nicer. i just love the way you can just keep running the same material 4 times and still get nice looking results. of course i use less and less bags every consecutive run i did, till the 4th run all i used was the 25 bag and the 220 to catch the crap that escapes the pillow bag inside the bubbleator.

Quote:
And what's the white sheet? some type of dring/pressing screen? looks like kitchen roll, but that would just end up a sticky mess.
mack.
thats a sheet of baking paper folded in half. i love using that stuff as all the hash comes off easily once it's dry. since i realized that any pressing while wet is bad for quality i started using this paper to let the hash dry on. specially the first run i will not do any pressing on, with the lesser qualities i will use the small pressing screens to dab the water out from the bottom with kitchen roll.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 PM #9
cocogroguy

cocogroguy will become famous soon enoughcocogroguy will become famous soon enoughcocogroguy will become famous soon enough
Stellar product by the looks of it. Great work.
cocogroguy is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 PM #10
Max Bloom

Max Bloom will become famous soon enough
Re: Making Bubble Hash with Bubbleator

Had a chance to sample the goods yet?
Max Bloom is offline Quote