What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Badfishy1

Really sucks the way big money controls the legislature. Ky is just about to go med and the fix is already in. Home growers will be limited to 6 plants at this point in the discussion. Some folk got hemp in this year and there's hope it will be like a tobacco base where small family farms can share in the profits. The bible beaters are involved too with their gateway to hell story. I wish they would stay home and play with their snakes.:tiphat:

Hey Rode, hope you are well. There are 2 outside sources fucking Florida mmj, big pharmacy (they don’t want money taken from their opiate coffers) and big sugar/ big agriculture (they have controlled the state for decades). Basically, even tho passed in ‘16, the state is still dicking the dog trying to wait and figure out how these 2 special interest groups can get theirs.

Fiddynut

Hello Tribe
Not a lot of news here on the Ridge. Cleaning up the outdoor site today. Looking at a couple trees I could drop and get 3 more hours of sun. Last spring I drilled holes in them and filled with salt. It didn't bother them then and they look as good as ever now. I guess its time for the saw. I think ringing them would be too noticeable.
Indoors I found a few mites on my Bangi so I sprayed everything with neem early last week and so far no more signs. The flower room is going into week 4 now so I hope to keep it humid enough to hold them in check for 7-8 more weeks.
The pix are after 3 full weeks of 1212 of my elfenstone by goji with some elfenstone and LBL by skunk around the outside. The close up is one of the elfinstone in the back. None of these crosses look as good to me as the original elfenstone cuts I have.
Working on a tighter canopy with more buds per foot to get my yield up some. I don't choose strains for yield but I need to learn to prune better to maximize what I do have. I would like to get down to 6 plants in flower under the 1k.
I feel I did a better job of pumping extra calcium into these girls before the stretch as no deficiencies have shown yet two days into week 4. Even the one bangi in there looks good. I hate to admit it but the boron and magnesium deficiencies i had went away with a heavier dose of P and K. I been underfed all this time chasing my tail looking for complicated solutions.
Oh well I did eventually get one right. :woohoo:
Rodehazrd said:
Hey there Pop
Yeah chopping down the oaks is the plan. I have an old elevator cable I use to pull trees over and make fall up hill. Those babies will be firewood soon.
We use 3 gal pots mostly indoors. I have some 7 gal pots and some 5 gal fabric pots for the next run of the Vicie. We're still smoking on the first run of it and not finding any pheno's we don't like. They have two different pheno's, some wide leaf short type with fat colas and some more viney leggy growth with golf ball buds. Smoke is similar in all of them but the #9 golf ball girl has a very sweet hashy flavor and may be worthy of her own run. I want all the others too but must let some go. Plan is to keep one of each type just need to choose. I wish another grower close by would preserve some with me but no one worthy at this point. Past efforts were failures.
I will be cutting clones this week for outdoor use. Hope to put them out in late june. I ran the Bangi last year and was mostly PM free. I am afraid to put many new things out since we suffer from so much wet cool nights in late summer. Perfect mushroom weather and the Bangi tolerates it fairly well.
My seed plants after 10 days I got two of five above ground. 818 headband and pineapple express look fine but dutch kush, sweet zombie and OA never showed. I really wanted the kush and the OA.

Hey Fiddy,
Bob Baffert won the Santa Anita derby this year many were surprised he even put a horse on that track after all the troubles this year. A lot of good horses died there this year.
Bob thinks he can repeat but its rare, very rare. I like the big horse Bill Mott is bringing this year "TACITUS". He was forth at Belmont but got pinched early and the horse behind him clipped his heels. Still had the gas for a stretch burst and almost finished in the money. He's no American Pharoh but he got class. Sire was Tacit and all his colts have done very well. We'll be up there for Dawn at the Downs again this year I hope I get to watch him work.

Really sucks the way big money controls the legislature. Ky is just about to go med and the fix is already in. Home growers will be limited to 6 plants at this point in the discussion. Some folk got hemp in this year and there's hope it will be like a tobacco base where small family farms can share in the profits. The bible beaters are involved too with their gateway to hell story. I wish they would stay home and play with their snakes.:tiphat:

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
Sorry about the mites but it sounds like you've dealt with them before and have them under control. Plants are looking good! That is great that you figured out that bumping your P and K took care of your issues. I feel like I've never been able to diagnose or correct for deficiency and I'm focusing on just finding a good balance and living with what I get.
I will keep my eyes open for that "TACITUS". When you say a lot of good horses died there this year is that because they fell and broke a leg and had to be put down? I saw that at the derby that year and it's quite disturbing.
I think Wisconsin is going to get at least med soon, at least the new governor is in favor. I hope we get a good bill with growing allowed or I'll be lobbying against it. Too many bible beaters around here too!

Fiddynut

im sorting things out and i should have the lineup nailed down here soon
i have a couple beans i really want to run and a few that im on the fence about
im hoping to get it sorted by the weekend and should at least be able to post up a short list here soon
i tihnk we decided on four plants this time around so im going to get the plants started under lights and get tehm sexed before bringing them to my friends place
so what do you have lined up for the next few grows?
do you have any plans for the easter weekend, fiddy?
me and the mrs are going to start our day with a hike and watch the sunrise from the top of a mountain and are supposed to be heading to a friends house for a late lunch
i hope you are having a great week and things are starting to warm up for you
spring is right around the corner my man and i cant wait for the nice summer weather

that looks like a nice grow, rhode!
a lot of fat tops and i cant wait to see them once they really plump up
how big are the containers you use indoors?
if you can get another three hours of sunlight by chopping a few trees down i would totally go that route
but sometimes it can be too conspicuous
when you say too noticeable are you worried about the law or just rippers?
i know the mrs frowns on me growing in the yard even tho we live in a legal state
i am versed in camoflague and am sure i could grow a few in our yard without drawing too much attention but its just not worth the fight i would have to put up with the mrs
/she dosent want to be know as the neighborhood pot heads
keep up the good work brother

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Keep us posted on what you choose brother. I'm running the gorilla girl for the second time next cycle and then probably 2 runs of cobra lips. After that it might be back to the gorilla girl if I like her enough or I'll be popping some new beans and seeing what I find.
I will be going to a dive bar on Saturday, 4/20, to see Boney Fingers, a fun band that plays a mix of dead tunes and their own stuff. On Sunday I will probably try to ride the motorbike some with a couple buddy's. I also want to stop by and see some family on Sunday but they know that riding is higher up the list than Easter.
That hike sounds great. I hope you guys get a great sunrise. Late lunch is a great plan after the hike!

Fiddynut

Good morning all! Fiddy thanks for well wishes. Everybody is doing well, the girls are getting bigger daily! Pops, season was alright at best, win some lose some, just part of chasing fish! Lololol Rode! No sir I’m not a part of THAT good ol boy club and don’t have $10s of millions to buy into it. So outlaw style it shall remain :)

Hey Rode, hope you are well. There are 2 outside sources fucking Florida mmj, big pharmacy (they don’t want money taken from their opiate coffers) and big sugar/ big agriculture (they have controlled the state for decades). Basically, even tho passed in ‘16, the state is still dicking the dog trying to wait and figure out how these 2 special interest groups can get theirs.

Good afternoon Badfishy.
For the first time there is a real chance that wisco will get at least med but I'm really worried that growing won't be allowed at all. It sound like a ridiculous situation that Florida has put you guys in. The people spoke in '16 and still no law?
I kind of like the outlaw thing anyway and I'd rather it stay the way it is rather that make it so only the "good old boys" can make all the money and we have to buy their crap.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ill see about posting up some pics here soon once i get things off the ground
ive really been draggin ass this season but am excited about the outdoor show
that sounds like fun going for a ride f'nut and i hope the weather is going to be nice for you
thats great that you are going to run the g'girl again
i think the more you grow a strain the more in tuned you become
its also a great way to learn how different nutrients work because you have an idea of how the plant grows so you can see the differences your changes make
have a great holiday friend and enjoy the ride!
/just keep the bugs out of your teeth from all the smiling you will be doing

thats rad that you have a technique down for pulling the wood
oak is really nice wood
thats is a tough decision to make about what plants to hold on to and what to let go
im sure weve all had a plant or two we wish we could get back but cest' la vi
i wish there was a way to put a cut or two in a slow growth phase so you could hold them in a small space, that way you could store a lot of genetics in a small area
the next best thing would be to start chucking your own pollen and making seeds, hoping to resurect them plant somewhere down the line
got any plans for the weekend

Rodehazrd

Hey Fiddy
Yeah the track went with a manufactured surface to reduce broken legs but all the rains this year combined with aged materials on the surface caused over 20 horses to be put down in 3 months. It does happen most meets someone loses one. The last one we saw really upset ms Hazrd. Often they put a curtain up by the ambulance but not this time. They worried more about the horse in pain than the crowd. Came out with the long gun and did it right in front of the stands. I saw it coming and hustled everyone off the balcony but ms hazrd like lots wife had to look back. She may not go again. We're getting too old anyway to deal with the crowds and prices for a table have skyrocketed even on weekdays.
@ Pop
I tried to bonsai a Bangi to keep the strain. I kept in a 3 gal pot and trimmed it back a lot. It really looked bad for a while. Now I'm about to cut some clones I hope they are healthy enough to clone.

Fiddynut

ill see about posting up some pics here soon once i get things off the ground
ive really been draggin ass this season but am excited about the outdoor show
that sounds like fun going for a ride f'nut and i hope the weather is going to be nice for you
thats great that you are going to run the g'girl again
i think the more you grow a strain the more in tuned you become
its also a great way to learn how different nutrients work because you have an idea of how the plant grows so you can see the differences your changes make
have a great holiday friend and enjoy the ride!
/just keep the bugs out of your teeth from all the smiling you will be doing

thats rad that you have a technique down for pulling the wood
oak is really nice wood
thats is a tough decision to make about what plants to hold on to and what to let go
im sure weve all had a plant or two we wish we could get back but cest' la vi
i wish there was a way to put a cut or two in a slow growth phase so you could hold them in a small space, that way you could store a lot of genetics in a small area
the next best thing would be to start chucking your own pollen and making seeds, hoping to resurect them plant somewhere down the line
got any plans for the weekend

I know what you mean about "draggin ass" this season. I think I was in the same boat toward the end of last year and that's where I lost my way for a while and lost all that time. I'm sure you'll find some motivation and kick some ass again soon. Looking forward to seeing the outdoor, it seems like pics taken outdoors make the plant look extra sexy. I'm finding that the better my plants are the worse my photos seem to be getting LOL.
Sunday looks like a good day to ride. It's suppose to be sunny and low 70's which is a lot nicer than its been here lately. Around here by this time of spring everyone is itching to ride and when it's nice on that first Sunday there are a ton of bikes on the road.
I'm looking forward to a proper run with the gorilla girl for sure. I got about 4 jars of bud off the one that I grew by herself and can't wait to see what 4 of them will bring me. The smoke is top shelf, frosty, lemon lime soda smell and taste. Probably going to flip them on Sunday.
I hope your week is finishing off nicley and you have a great weekend brother!

Fiddynut

Hey Fiddy
Yeah the track went with a manufactured surface to reduce broken legs but all the rains this year combined with aged materials on the surface caused over 20 horses to be put down in 3 months. It does happen most meets someone loses one. The last one we saw really upset ms Hazrd. Often they put a curtain up by the ambulance but not this time. They worried more about the horse in pain than the crowd. Came out with the long gun and did it right in front of the stands. I saw it coming and hustled everyone off the balcony but ms hazrd like lots wife had to look back. She may not go again. We're getting too old anyway to deal with the crowds and prices for a table have skyrocketed even on weekdays.
@ Pop
I tried to bonsai a Bangi to keep the strain. I kept in a 3 gal pot and trimmed it back a lot. It really looked bad for a while. Now I'm about to cut some clones I hope they are healthy enough to clone.

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
Wow over 20 horses, I never knew it was anywhere near that common. I'm sure it's something that they don't talk much about and I can see why. But the logical part of me can see that it's just part of the deal and the most important part is that the suffering is minimized as much as possible.
I'm sorry that Mrs Hazzard had to see that and I hope she can put it out of her mind.
My plan for my moms is to try to keep them in as small of pots as possable when not using them. The way I see it I can pot them up and get them happy when I need to take cuts I just have to plan it in advance and leave myself the time. If someone could figure out how to put clone genetics into seeds they would become very rich and we could back up our plants in seed form and not have to use so much space for moms. Maybe someday.
I hope you have a great weekend!

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

Enjoying this warm spring day. Hope everyone is well. It's a 3day weekend for me. Been busy as hell today, dropped my car off for some work to be done. Smoking some ribs. With pecan wood. Waiting for my Brother to get here, he came in from Texas lastnight. Harvest tommorow, and 420 going to be a great weekend. 115, and I am cracking my first beer of the day

Badfishy1

Ahhhh good ol horse racing... yeah when breeding such spindly ass horses with tooth pick legs, it’s kinda par for the course. Have friends in the horse racing industry and am familiar w the less glorious side of things.
Can’t say there was no law in effect just ridiculous regs and 95% gray area nobody wanted to venture into. Us outlaws keep the patients happy.
What are you chopping PF?

packerfan79

Veteran
Ahhhh good ol horse racing... yeah when breeding such spindly ass horses with tooth pick legs, it’s kinda par for the course. Have friends in the horse racing industry and am familiar w the less glorious side of things.
Can’t say there was no law in effect just ridiculous regs and 95% gray area nobody wanted to venture into. Us outlaws keep the patients happy.

I am chopping 2 frosted cherry cookies, and 3 loud n proud both are from relentless. I got them in the Dan's Buds fundraiser ar glg. So, this grow is in his honor.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sounds like a fun way to remember a good guy, p'fan
i never got to know dansbud but enjoyed reading his posts
keep those cuts going my man and let us know how the new crop smokes
/im going to have to get up there one day brother
ribs and a nice cold beer sounds like just the thing to kick off the weekend
hope you and the kids all have a great time this weeknd

there have been a lot of injuries at the local track here too at del mar
we are seeing a bunch of horses go down even tho they switched to a new surface to minimize injury
as long as you can get it to root you should be fine i think
that might be a good way to keep genetics going in a smaller space by using bonsai techniques
/scratches chin thoughtfully

thanks for understanding fiddy
sometimes things get going and you just dont have the time or the will to put into a good garden
a few small set backs in the glow room plus a bunch of life shit and im way behind
things are starting to settle down and im going to get things back up and running
i thoguht your latest pics look good
but i have fun with the plants my friend grows for me in his yard and
i need to get things going here soon
four jars of stash is a nice haul and i like the way you describe the smoke
hope you have a great night and an even better weekend friend!
enjoy the ride

Badfishy1

I am chopping 2 frosted cherry cookies, and 3 loud n proud both are from relentless. I got them in the Dan's Buds fundraiser ar glg. So, this grow is in his honor.

Frosted cherries sound beautiful! Good on you for being down for the cause! Just finished my own cross I named GunShip. Only grew one out as a ‘side’ project. The male used pushed his ‘bazooka bubblegum’ smell through to at least the one plant I grew out. Wondering if it pushed through to all his progeny. Want to search through more, but space is my limiting factor. Was blessed with Chem4, PBCH, guava cut (stardawg), GMO and Cake. All 5 took root and the cake and gmo are ready to flip. Going to veg another week or so then flip. Too bad the GMO is a full 12 weeks and cake is 10... but will run them and see if worth keeping!

Rodehazrd

Yeah Fiddy
That was really 23 horses in 3 months on just the one track. All the water and some aging screwed with the artificial turf gave it too much traction. A lot of tracks went with that even Keenland and they wouldn't even have sound system much less video till about ten years ago.
Fish is right they keep breeding for massive muscle and small bones and at some point something has to give. Change is coming to the sport but it may be too little too late. Lasix will be outlawed this year and Bute may be soon behind. The artificial turf fix was short lived and many are returning to a dirt mix.
Anyone grown the Pineapple express before? Mine is out of the ground but moving very slow. I have the G13 version which is big bud by skunk. I gave her a balanced feed yesterday at ec .3 just to wake her up some. I have read it was trainwreck by maui wowi was the original PE so who knows the real name of what I have. I did grow Big Bud once and did not keep a cut. We're old and tired already so couchlock weed not high on our list.
I got about 2 inches of rain yesterday and expect another couple today. Low areas are in trouble today as no more will soak in. I have to go down among the gully jumpers today too. Shopping for Ms Hazrd's easter basket. Nothing fancy just a little candy some ink pens, flashlights and such. We get ducks too for the kenducky derby. Its a fundraiser where you get a numbered duck and they dump a couple hundred thousand in the ohio. Fastest swimmer gets a prize. Also derby pins. Each year a new pin is designed and about one in a thousand are gold. Gold gets you registered to win a car or truck in the final drawing. The pin acts as a free pass too for a lot of music events during Derby week, and all the races in the streets. Bedlam, hospital bed race. Running of the Rodents, fastest rat gets a garland of fruit loops. Steamboat race on Wednesday. Run for the Rose'. waiters with trays of wine. And of course the Chow Wagon and beer garden on the river with several bands every night on the great lawn all through Derby Week.
They have a big parade on Thursday, I mean a big parade. When my daughter was a teen we went to Washington DC for the cherry blossom festival and parade. When it was over she said when's the big parade? Spoiled by Derby Week.
Happy Easter dudes eat a bunch of Easter eggs and keep a window open.:tiphat:

Fiddynut

What's up jungle mates,

Enjoying this warm spring day. Hope everyone is well. It's a 3day weekend for me. Been busy as hell today, dropped my car off for some work to be done. Smoking some ribs. With pecan wood. Waiting for my Brother to get here, he came in from Texas lastnight. Harvest tommorow, and 420 going to be a great weekend. 115, and I am cracking my first beer of the day

Good afternoon Packerfan.
Sounds like a great 4/20 weekend for you brother. How did those ribs turn out? I hope the chop went well for you!

Fiddynut

Frosted cherries sound beautiful! Good on you for being down for the cause! Just finished my own cross I named GunShip. Only grew one out as a ‘side’ project. The male used pushed his ‘bazooka bubblegum’ smell through to at least the one plant I grew out. Wondering if it pushed through to all his progeny. Want to search through more, but space is my limiting factor. Was blessed with Chem4, PBCH, guava cut (stardawg), GMO and Cake. All 5 took root and the cake and gmo are ready to flip. Going to veg another week or so then flip. Too bad the GMO is a full 12 weeks and cake is 10... but will run them and see if worth keeping!

Good afternoon Badfishy.
For sure too much gray area and too many regs is never a good thing. I think part of what I what I enjoy about all of this is the lawlessness of it.
Sounds like good things going on in your garden brother. Let me know how that chem4 is, I love chems!

Fiddynut

that sounds like a fun way to remember a good guy, p'fan
i never got to know dansbud but enjoyed reading his posts
keep those cuts going my man and let us know how the new crop smokes
/im going to have to get up there one day brother
ribs and a nice cold beer sounds like just the thing to kick off the weekend
hope you and the kids all have a great time this weeknd

there have been a lot of injuries at the local track here too at del mar
we are seeing a bunch of horses go down even tho they switched to a new surface to minimize injury
as long as you can get it to root you should be fine i think
that might be a good way to keep genetics going in a smaller space by using bonsai techniques
/scratches chin thoughtfully

thanks for understanding fiddy
sometimes things get going and you just dont have the time or the will to put into a good garden
a few small set backs in the glow room plus a bunch of life shit and im way behind
things are starting to settle down and im going to get things back up and running
i thoguht your latest pics look good
but i have fun with the plants my friend grows for me in his yard and
i need to get things going here soon
four jars of stash is a nice haul and i like the way you describe the smoke
hope you have a great night and an even better weekend friend!
enjoy the ride

For sure I know how easy it is for a couple of setbacks to mess up timing and can cost you a harvest or two. Glad you are feeling it again and looking forward to your next grow.
How was your weekend?
Mine was great! I met a dude at the concert on sat that grows shrooms and I was able to trade him some bud for some of them. He is like me and would rather trade or gift his product than sell it for money. He dropped some knowelage on me about growing shrooms and I told him about my grow methods. I'll be seeing him again for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts