What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i hear you p'fan; whats in the past is the past
you and your lady have a great life and thats your today
sounds like you have the situation well in hand and know how to handle things if she does start to come on strong
that sucks that the shed is not being used to grow anymore but it sucks even worse about your bil
feckin mooches man, it sucks when people dont pay back their debts
but now you know the guys a welch and i would never give him another cent
hope your week is winding down and you have a great weekend my man!

Fiddynut

thats great to hear that eggo is doing well
as much as i miss having a dog it sounds like you know what i mean about enjoying the freedom for now
i bet you could work on some simple commands indoors to get a head start, but the real test is when you go outside and there are a lot of distractions
i heard something about the midwest getting hit with snow; it seems like the places that arent having snow are suffering from flooding caused by all the snow melt
sounds like a great excuse to stay inside and enjoy some time around the house
hope your team continues to do well and you enjoy the season
i will have to keep my eye on the schedule and if i can maybe go and watch a game later this summer
it would be fun and maybe i could even catch a brewers game
hope everything in the garden is going well and it sounds like you havent been finding any more male flowers
how far from harvest are you?

hope you are wrapping up your week nicely and have a great weekend ahead of you

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Eggo is doing great but he went to the vet yesterday and has both ears infected and a couple other little issues. They don't seem to be bothering him at all but he was itching his ears a little and had a little spot on his muzzle that got infected so the wife took him in. Now he has 3 pills to take twice a day and some cleaning solution and a couple diffrent ointments for his face and ears. That sure was a fast way to spend over 300 bucks between the appointment and the prescriptions. But he is family and worth spending a few bucks on, I just hope he dosent have a lot of issues that need the vets attention.
We do work on sit, stay, wait and a few other inside and we play fetch and catch indoors too. You are right that it's a whole different story outside where there are so many distractions.
I really happy with all the work I've been putting in the jungle lately. I'm hoping it leads to some great harvests down the road. As soon as the GB's roots fill up the pots I put them in I'll be putting them in the flower tent. The LBL crosses that are in flower now are looking good but might have to go a few more weeks. When I was getting the GB's ready for this run I started them early, not knowing how long the lbl's would go. The LBL are seed plants which take longer to go into flower than the clones I've worked with the last few grows. So the LBL crosses will probably have to finish under the t5's in what is usually the veg tent. I've never done that before so it should be interisting to see how that works. But I have to keep pushing the timeline or I'll be up against a harvest right when I'm going to be in Colorado in July so I gotta do it.
The weekend is just about here brother. I hope yours is great!

Fiddynut

I don't know what happened to the shed. We pushed the shed into my cousin by marriage back yard. He lives behind the old house. He was talking about cutting it open to use it as a shelter for their horses. We had a falling out, since he doesn't pay his debts.

I am really surprised the farmers market is still open it's a freaking zoo. It's in a bad neighborhood, cars line the streets when its open. Tons of people. They have dozens of vendors. It's open 6 days a week. It's a trip.

I am going to avoid the handsy friend, we hooked up years ago. Before me and the wife met. I am not that guy. I am no desire to do shit on the side.

Good afternoon Packerfan.
I'm sure you'll have another shed or another type of bigger grow soon brother. You can use the opportunity to find moms and dial,in your strains in the mean time. Your a great grower and your time will come!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sucks that eggo has an infection
i hear you about how pet care can get really pricey but some infections dont go away on their own; especially ear infections
i hope he is getting better
thats great that you two still get to play inside, even if you cant got outside you can still have fun
sounds like you are keeping a tight schedule in the garden! thats great that you have your next run lined up and i hope you like this harvest
you might see a bit more streach under the t-5 but it should not be too bad, especially if its only there for a short time
waiting for the mrs to get up and then we are going for our walk and then out to lunch
im planning on wearing shorst and a light long sleeve shirt
it looks like another beautiful day and im ready to enjoy the spring time weather

kick ass brother and i hope you are having a great day!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
our man badfish!
glad to see you stop by, how have they been biting this year?

hope all is well with you too and you are having a great year brother!

Fiddynut

that sucks that eggo has an infection
i hear you about how pet care can get really pricey but some infections dont go away on their own; especially ear infections
i hope he is getting better
thats great that you two still get to play inside, even if you cant got outside you can still have fun
sounds like you are keeping a tight schedule in the garden! thats great that you have your next run lined up and i hope you like this harvest
you might see a bit more streach under the t-5 but it should not be too bad, especially if its only there for a short time
waiting for the mrs to get up and then we are going for our walk and then out to lunch
im planning on wearing shorst and a light long sleeve shirt
it looks like another beautiful day and im ready to enjoy the spring time weather

kick ass brother and i hope you are having a great day!

Good morning pop_rocks.
The infection on his snout is getting a lot better. I'm sure his ears are too, but he was never too bothered by either as far as I could tell. You are right that infections often need meds to get better and we are glad he's on the mend.
I hope you enjoyed a nice weather this weekend. It was seasonable here on Saturday but we got a few inches of snow yesterday and all of our early flowers in the garden are covered in snow. It got cold yesterday and last night so the snow has stuck around and is really weighing down the tree branches. It's pretty late for this type of weather and I'm hoping spring returns soon.
I hope your week is off to a great start!

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone is having a good spring so far. I've been working to get my timing back and my plants healthy. It's been a while so let's get caught up. For the last year or so I'd been growing clones of seed plants that I germinated and I was having some good runs but I was a little unhappy with how much time it was taking to grow a seed plant to the point where it could be sexed and cloned. I also felt like I was wasting a lot of space with having the extra plants around. The last couple rounds have been rounds from seed but I've found that it's even harder to keep a schedule growing from seed, especially new strains. So I'm going back to what was working well a few months ago and growing from clone again.

These plants (2) cookie wreck X LBL and (1) bubba kush X LBL are in week 7 and are from seed. I had some naners in weeks 3 and 4 but was able to pick tham off and I don't think I'll see many seeds. All the male flowers were at the very bottoms of the plants. These look like they might go another 3 weeks. They are getting some nice purple to some of them. Here are a couple pics.

The next round is going to be 4 gorilla bubble clones cut from my 1 GB mom that I labeled the gorilla girl. I grew 1 of her on my last round and I'm looking forward to seeing how she does with 3 sisters filling the tent. Probably another week or so and they will be ready to go into the flower tent.

And for the run after next I'll be giving a first go at cobra lips by Bodhi. Cobra lips is chem3 X appalachia. I'm looking forward to growing a chem cross again, and even more to smoking it. Not sure how many lady's I have yet so we will see how this sets up for that run. I'll have to get them sexed and take cuts in about 3 weeks for them to be ready in time, which seems doable.

I'm pretty happy about what has been going on in the jungle for a good long while now. It was just about 3 years ago that I was setting up my first tent and grow light and starting my first real grow. The first couple grows were a huge learning experience for me. I got some great advise and encouragement from people here on icmag and pop_rocks and soon after that Rodehazrd among others. I'm glad that I've taken this journey into growing and I hope things just get better and better. Thanks y'all...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh damn man, has it been that long fiddy?!?
i can still remember like it was yesterday brother

guys like p'fan, fish and rhode have become good friends as well as a bunch of guys who stop by from time to time
anyone remember floridian... i wonder what hes doing
/who else am i forgetting?!?
i know ive learned a lot from all of you guys and i enjoy our chats very much
the plants are looking really nice fiddy and i cant wait to hear how they are smelling and smoking
you have really come a long way as a grower and it shows!

Fiddynut

oh damn man, has it been that long fiddy?!?
i can still remember like it was yesterday brother

guys like p'fan, fish and rhode have become good friends as well as a bunch of guys who stop by from time to time
anyone remember floridian... i wonder what hes doing
/who else am i forgetting?!?
i know ive learned a lot from all of you guys and i enjoy our chats very much
the plants are looking really nice fiddy and i cant wait to hear how they are smelling and smoking
you have really come a long way as a grower and it shows!

It seems like just yesterday but also a long time ago to me. When I think of all of strains I've grown and all the times I've gone through the flower cycle it seems like a long time since that first run. Also when I think of all the changes in my life since the first grow it seems like so long ago. But when I think of the friendships here on the mag with you and others it seems like it's been a short ride. I've been grateful to learn about this plant but some of the other lessons in life I've learned here are even more important. I feel like I've grown a lot since I started this journey and learning about this plant has helped me in many other arias of life, like having more patience for instance.
I didn't mean to leave anyone out and I've learned a lot from everyone who has contributed to this thread, even people who come and go and ones that aren't around anymore. I hope those we haven't heard from for a long time are doing well and finding what makes them happy in life.
Now let's go kick some ass and dial in these grows!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats the spirit,brother!
no matter how long you have been at it, we can always learn a new thing or two from each other
im glad to be a part of this group and grateful for all the good times
you make a good point about how by learning to be a better gardener, you also learn lessons in life
i think i have a selection of seeds im going to be popping soon nailed down, plus i might be picking up a few cuts from friends
i like the certainty of growing out established cuts but am excited about some of the new beans; thats where you find the real gold
also, it is just about time to get some plants going outside in my friends place too, so will be posting about that soon i hope

im with you fiddy in all your well wishes to our friends out there
it has been a long strange trip and the fun is just getting started

Fiddynut

thats the spirit,brother!
no matter how long you have been at it, we can always learn a new thing or two from each other
im glad to be a part of this group and grateful for all the good times
you make a good point about how by learning to be a better gardener, you also learn lessons in life
i think i have a selection of seeds im going to be popping soon nailed down, plus i might be picking up a few cuts from friends
i like the certainty of growing out established cuts but am excited about some of the new beans; thats where you find the real gold
also, it is just about time to get some plants going outside in my friends place too, so will be posting about that soon i hope

im with you fiddy in all your well wishes to our friends out there
it has been a long strange trip and the fun is just getting started

You are so right about the learning never stopping. I feel like as much as I've learned about growing the last 3 years there is many times more than that to learn before I would consider myself experienced. One thing is for sure, I learn something from every plant I grow and every change I make.
I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing about your upcoming grows brother. Do you know what strains you'll be doing at your buddy's house? My next couple runs are all planned out but after that anything is possable. I won't be doing any outdoor this year since I no longer have a good spot and the results have been poor anyway.
For sure we've had some fun here and have been here during some hard times as well. I'm looking forward to this long strange trip going on and on man!

Rodehazrd

Hello Tribe
Not a lot of news here on the Ridge. Cleaning up the outdoor site today. Looking at a couple trees I could drop and get 3 more hours of sun. Last spring I drilled holes in them and filled with salt. It didn't bother them then and they look as good as ever now. I guess its time for the saw. I think ringing them would be too noticeable.
Indoors I found a few mites on my Bangi so I sprayed everything with neem early last week and so far no more signs. The flower room is going into week 4 now so I hope to keep it humid enough to hold them in check for 7-8 more weeks.
The pix are after 3 full weeks of 1212 of my elfenstone by goji with some elfenstone and LBL by skunk around the outside. The close up is one of the elfinstone in the back. None of these crosses look as good to me as the original elfenstone cuts I have.
Working on a tighter canopy with more buds per foot to get my yield up some. I don't choose strains for yield but I need to learn to prune better to maximize what I do have. I would like to get down to 6 plants in flower under the 1k.
I feel I did a better job of pumping extra calcium into these girls before the stretch as no deficiencies have shown yet two days into week 4. Even the one bangi in there looks good. I hate to admit it but the boron and magnesium deficiencies i had went away with a heavier dose of P and K. I been underfed all this time chasing my tail looking for complicated solutions.
Oh well I did eventually get one right. :woohoo:

Rodehazrd

Pix didn't go

Attachments

• DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 15

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im sorting things out and i should have the lineup nailed down here soon
i have a couple beans i really want to run and a few that im on the fence about
im hoping to get it sorted by the weekend and should at least be able to post up a short list here soon
i tihnk we decided on four plants this time around so im going to get the plants started under lights and get tehm sexed before bringing them to my friends place
so what do you have lined up for the next few grows?
do you have any plans for the easter weekend, fiddy?
me and the mrs are going to start our day with a hike and watch the sunrise from the top of a mountain and are supposed to be heading to a friends house for a late lunch
i hope you are having a great week and things are starting to warm up for you
spring is right around the corner my man and i cant wait for the nice summer weather

that looks like a nice grow, rhode!
a lot of fat tops and i cant wait to see them once they really plump up
how big are the containers you use indoors?
if you can get another three hours of sunlight by chopping a few trees down i would totally go that route
but sometimes it can be too conspicuous
when you say too noticeable are you worried about the law or just rippers?
i know the mrs frowns on me growing in the yard even tho we live in a legal state
i am versed in camoflague and am sure i could grow a few in our yard without drawing too much attention but its just not worth the fight i would have to put up with the mrs
/she dosent want to be know as the neighborhood pot heads
keep up the good work brother

Badfishy1

Good morning all! Fiddy thanks for well wishes. Everybody is doing well, the girls are getting bigger daily! Pops, season was alright at best, win some lose some, just part of chasing fish! Lololol Rode! No sir I’m not a part of THAT good ol boy club and don’t have $10s of millions to buy into it. So outlaw style it shall remain :)

Rodehazrd

that looks like a nice grow, rhode!
a lot of fat tops and i cant wait to see them once they really plump up
how big are the containers you use indoors?
if you can get another three hours of sunlight by chopping a few trees down i would totally go that route
but sometimes it can be too conspicuous
when you say too noticeable are you worried about the law or just rippers?
i know the mrs frowns on me growing in the yard even tho we live in a legal state
i am versed in camoflague and am sure i could grow a few in our yard without drawing too much attention but its just not worth the fight i would have to put up with the mrs
/she dosent want to be know as the neighborhood pot heads
keep up the good work brother[/QUOTE]

Hey there Pop
Yeah chopping down the oaks is the plan. I have an old elevator cable I use to pull trees over and make fall up hill. Those babies will be firewood soon.
We use 3 gal pots mostly indoors. I have some 7 gal pots and some 5 gal fabric pots for the next run of the Vicie. We're still smoking on the first run of it and not finding any pheno's we don't like. They have two different pheno's, some wide leaf short type with fat colas and some more viney leggy growth with golf ball buds. Smoke is similar in all of them but the #9 golf ball girl has a very sweet hashy flavor and may be worthy of her own run. I want all the others too but must let some go. Plan is to keep one of each type just need to choose. I wish another grower close by would preserve some with me but no one worthy at this point. Past efforts were failures.
I will be cutting clones this week for outdoor use. Hope to put them out in late june. I ran the Bangi last year and was mostly PM free. I am afraid to put many new things out since we suffer from so much wet cool nights in late summer. Perfect mushroom weather and the Bangi tolerates it fairly well.
My seed plants after 10 days I got two of five above ground. 818 headband and pineapple express look fine but dutch kush, sweet zombie and OA never showed. I really wanted the kush and the OA.

Hey Fiddy,
Bob Baffert won the Santa Anita derby this year many were surprised he even put a horse on that track after all the troubles this year. A lot of good horses died there this year.
Bob thinks he can repeat but its rare, very rare. I like the big horse Bill Mott is bringing this year "TACITUS". He was forth at Belmont but got pinched early and the horse behind him clipped his heels. Still had the gas for a stretch burst and almost finished in the money. He's no American Pharoh but he got class. Sire was Tacit and all his colts have done very well. We'll be up there for Dawn at the Downs again this year I hope I get to watch him work.

Rodehazrd

Good morning all! Fiddy thanks for well wishes. Everybody is doing well, the girls are getting bigger daily! Pops, season was alright at best, win some lose some, just part of chasing fish! Lololol Rode! No sir I’m not a part of THAT good ol boy club and don’t have $10s of millions to buy into it. So outlaw style it shall remain :)

Really sucks the way big money controls the legislature. Ky is just about to go med and the fix is already in. Home growers will be limited to 6 plants at this point in the discussion. Some folk got hemp in this year and there's hope it will be like a tobacco base where small family farms can share in the profits. The bible beaters are involved too with their gateway to hell story. I wish they would stay home and play with their snakes.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts