What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Considering bagseed grow. Would like opinions/results from others.

DrBagseed

So yeah, I have 3 different strains of bagseed, I'm worried about investing money in a grow because I read most bagseed is hermafrodites, is this true?
The seeds came from high-grade bud containing around 1-5 seeds per gram, sometimes more.

If I decide to go ahead with this I will use a 120x120x200 tent with a 600w hps, how many plants and what yield could I expect from this?

Do I need other nutrients than this? list below:

Canna Terra Vega, Soil Nutrient,
Cannaboost Accelerator
PK 13/14

Any input is appreciated, if you have pictures from a bagseed grow I would love to see it.

Coconutz

Veteran
Have you looked into Mandala or TGA?
Some bad ass strains for a decent price.
Im sure theres tons of shit on this site too that would be better than random bagseed for just a few bucks a seed!
Just use the base nute, skip the adds(especially boost)
peace

DrBagseed

I will also use a carbon filter, will people walking by my flat be able to hear it with the window open or shut?

DrBagseed

Have you looked into Mandala or TGA?
Some bad ass strains for a decent price.
Im sure theres tons of shit on this site too that would be better than random bagseed for just a few bucks a seed!

I would be in heaven if I could get my hands on some real seeds but unfortunately I cant. :/

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
nothing wrong with bagseeds my man don't let the old wives scare you. just know that any plant from seed can hermie and be prepared for that. check early and often. only plants guaranteed to not herm on you are clones of plants that are known to not herm.

as for how loud this fan is gonna be...i can't tell you. turn that motherfucker on and go stand outside your house lol.

as for pics of bagseeds, click my name and go to my albums and gallery. starting from the oldest to latest everything is bagseed unless noted. links in my sig contain bagseed grows. out of all those bagseeds i think i've had maybe 3 hermies. it might not have even been that many.

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
bagseeds do have the potential to produce some amazing smoke. this is certainly true.

would i personally pop seeds that came from herb with 5 seeds per gram? no.

that number just seems too high for me. of course there is a chance that it was just a male plant that was not removed in time. this is true. i personally wouldn't do it tho.

now if it were like 5 seeds per pound, and the weed was stellar then yes i would. again, this is all my personal preference and is based on assumptions which are impossible to know if they are accurate unless you know the backstory of how the pollenation occurred. sometimes you can find nanners on the dried bud and that would tell you that chances are the seeds are the progeny of an unstable plant.

most times tho, it is a complete stab in the dark in regards to how stable the genetics will be. so to sum it all up, it's up to you. just be vigilant for male flowers on the female plants, but you should be doing this with any gear that you are running for the first time...

BudGreene

What if there was a strain that had been growing for 15+ years from clones, and you suddenly found one seed? I mean literally one seed, that popped and is looking healthy. Anyone have probabilities on what is going on with that?

WelderDan

Veteran
Nothing wrong with bagseed. I've grown some great stuff from bagseed. Weed my friends assumed to be high dollar because it was sticky and seedless.

Wayzer

def go for it!!!

You could find gold in ur bagseed. But as some have said, just be cautious. since u are new to growing (im assuming). i can say imo u will learn more starting with bagseed and there is a wealth of knowledge to be gained.

DrBagseed

Yeah im kinda new to growing, this will be the first proper time, only tried growing some lowryders with household bulbs for fun since a friend gave me seeds years ago. Wish I had them now.
And as for what you said about finding gold thats true, Im thinking about starting like 10-20 plants then picking out the best ones after a week or two, maybe I should wait longer but we'll see.

As for nutrients, is this list complete or do I need anything more?

1 x CANNA Terra Vega 1L
1 x CANNA Terra Flores 1L
1 x CANNA PK 13/14 1L
1 x CANNA FLUSH 1L
1 x CANNA CANNAZYM 1L
1 x CANNA RHIZOTONIC 1L
1 x CANNA BOOST 1L

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
i come from a time and place if you weren't willing to work bagseed in the quest for dank there was no dank and even now with access to tons of latest cuts (thank you to all my friends) and family) im still run gear from back then

today bagseed becomes a unknown variable and many people rather hedge their bets but all things are relative in the end

as superman said it is worth the experience

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
lol at all those nutes, ya will certainly kill the fuck out of these, i love bagseeds
my advice would be get some dirt, some lights, , some water, grow the seeeds with as little nutes as possible cause thats where people start to fuck it up,ya will be very happy with what dirt and leaving yer plants the fuck alone can produce. thats the hard part, leaving yer plants THE FUCK ALONE , dont be using all that crap when a little animal poop will work better and make better end [product. grow them seds already!

supermanlives

Veteran
I would also grow as many as possible as you prob will cull a few atleast... some might herm an need to be destroyed in flower..

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
yep. gotta watch for those nanners. typically i grow 2x as many seeds as i have room for. expect a 50/50 ratio of males to females. watch whatever you get, you should notice most hermie traits by the end of second week flower. keep the ones that don't immediately throw bananas. watch em all till the end.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Used bag seed for 10-15+ yrs (mostly Mexi-brick...easily accessible back in the 1970's-'80's)....or from friends in Indiana...bag seed there.

NEVER got herms. It's when strains of one kind have unstable genetics you start seeing webbed/curling leaves, funky grow patterns and" he/shes".

DrBagseed

Thanks for all the answers, would still like someone to chime in on the nutrient list I posted on prev page.

And guys, two of the strains were from a homegrower, both of them contained equal amount of seeds. 1-5 per g. They were different strains so what's the chance they've been pollinated by a make or turned hermie? Maybe it's a light thing, will the seeds contain those genetics?
Maybe there was just one hermie in the grow that pollinated all the plants, whatcha think?

Also seen ur pics stihg, hoping I get genetics that turn out with a decent result too.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I have found GH Maxibloom very easy to use...cheap, and good results. Maybe try something like that 1st before you get into all the other nutrients and such?