What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spots on leaves, then dying

SundayGrower

Hello
I already asked on other forum with no luck so I’m here to maybe get an answer.
I already spray with cal mag with not much succes and this is in the middle of plant going upwards.
Soil is biobizz light mix
Nutrients AN lineup
HPS 400W
Autoflower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SundayGrower

I hope you are not right because from what I’ve read it’s a really shitty disease. But I’m on my way to bio shop hopefully they will have neem oil. Next I will cut sick leaves and hope for the best. Do you know if it can spread to other plants ?

SundayGrower

I cut all sick leaves. I found also some on other 2 plants in tent but less then in this one. I saw that it was mostly only on 1 side of the plant. I didnt get neem oil but I got some essential oils. Eucalyptus, Lavender and geranium. Can I use them instead ? On RQS blog I read that they work but I’m asking for second opinion here. And how I can mix them ? 5ml per 1litter ?

buzzmobile

Veteran
I hope you are not right because from what I’ve read it’s a really shitty disease. But I’m on my way to bio shop hopefully they will have neem oil. Next I will cut sick leaves and hope for the best. Do you know if it can spread to other plants ?
Yes it can and does spread. I have been cleaning up after my sloppiness in the grow rooms. I neglected the rooms during a remodeling project. Warm temps, soggy floors and inattention is all it took.:biggrin:

I have cleaned, tossed, and groomed plants removing any discolored or suspicious looking leaves. I have alternated sprays of liquid copper and a bacterial fungicide, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747. I have been treating for 6 weeks and things are much better now, but it is tedious and time consuming. I get buzzed to combat tedium and as a retired old fart I have the time to pick pluck and play doctor.

Attachments

• P5201992.jpg
    P5201992.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 27
  • P5201994.jpg
    P5201994.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 23
  • P5201999.jpg
    P5201999.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P6272028.jpg
    P6272028.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 24
  • SL&PHC.jpg
    SL&PHC.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 21
  • SSDD.jpg
    SSDD.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 20

SundayGrower

Yes it can and does spread. I have been cleaning up after my sloppiness in the grow rooms. I neglected the rooms during a remodeling project. Warm temps, soggy floors and inattention is all it took.:biggrin:

I have cleaned, tossed, and groomed plants removing any discolored or suspicious looking leaves. I have alternated sprays of liquid copper and a bacterial fungicide, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747. I have been treating for 6 weeks and things are much better now, but it is tedious and time consuming. I get buzzed to combat tedium and as a retired old fart I have the time to pick pluck and play doctor.

Your septoria looks kind of different but from what I’ve checked on the web it’s looks different. But after I cut half of my leaves I also found an caterpillar. But it was weird. Gray, like 1-2cm, like 2-3 foot on the back and 2-3 on the front. Aggressive and it did bite me. I wonder what it was

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Your septoria looks kind of different but from what I’ve checked on the web it’s looks different. But after I cut half of my leaves I also found an caterpillar. But it was weird. Gray, like 1-2cm, like 2-3 foot on the back and 2-3 on the front. Aggressive and it did bite me. I wonder what it was
Teeth with legs "wink"

buzzmobile

Veteran
Your septoria looks kind of different but from what I’ve checked on the web it’s looks different.

I threw that out there because I chased what I thought was a Potassium deficiency. I overlooked the possibility of fungal disease.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
that's an inchworm... it turns into some kind of moth, but I'm not sure which kind..

It will eat holes in your leaves, so you don't want them.

But I don't think they're what's causing the problem in your picture..

SundayGrower

So does any of you tried spraying plants with oils other then neem ? Lavender ? Eucalyptus? Does it work? Can it harm a plant ?

I wouldn’t spray the leaves with anything anymore. Your already flowering. Keep the nutrition in your roots. Maybe too much of the cal mag. I usually only use cal mag in mid flower if my over all plant is looking pale. Varies from plant to plant if I use and how much.
Looks like it is your oldest leaves worst and looks to be over nutrient of some type showing up.
Sometimes when I have problems I back off the nutrients and use plain water for a couple waters. Sometimes i get overboard on one nutrient and just go back to a basic grow or veg fertilizer.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hello
I already asked on other forum with no luck so I’m here to maybe get an answer.
I already spray with cal mag with not much succes and this is in the middle of plant going upwards.
Soil is biobizz light mix
Nutrients AN lineup
HPS 400W
Autoflower

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

There is insect damage and calcium lockout/deficiency.

It looks like overfeeding. The first thing to do is to flush the soil, and then return to a light flowering nutrient solution.

The medium is biobizz light mix

The problem is growing in light mix only. It doesn't have enough magnesium lime, and almost no nutrients.

Light mix is great for mixing into a supersoil. Personally I used a basic mix of 1/3 each of light mix, worm castings and perlite. To make supersoil you add a nitrogen source (alfalfa meal/pellets, bloodmeal, high N bat guano), phosphorus (rock phosphate, bonemeal), potassium (wood ash, vinasse) etc. something for every nutrient. Used with planters with a reservoir. A sprinkling of hempe bedding on top for mulching and micorrhyzal fungi. Fed a fermentation of hemp leaves, sugar and water which energizes the microbes.

SundayGrower

Hello, it’s me Mario again.
I cut most of infected leaves as I thought it was septoria. From 3 plants I gather 1 full bag of leaves. Now after 2-3 days i already see sick leaves. That’s how it looks like with flash without and with microscope

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
1. What is the EC/PPM of the runoff? And the pH?

That should give you an idea of whether the problem comes from overfeeding or not.

2. What does the affected leaf smell like?

Does it smell dank and mouldy, or green and fresh?

SundayGrower

@TanzanianMagic
They Smell normally
I will check ph with next watering. I can’t check EC, can’t afford

I ordered neem oil. If PH is not a problem should I spray them ? They are flowering but I have pretty good ventilation and humidity is 40-60% depends if it’s rainy outside lol

Thanks for feedback and respond

SundayGrower

picture.php

This is close up of sick leave

@MrBungle
Last 2 feeding were with advanced nutrients normal dose big bud, bud candy,b52, micro grow bloom

Latest posts

Latest posts